Sport front brakes on a trail
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Sport front brakes on a trail

So I decided I would like to upgrade my front brakes to help out with the extra weight before I really started looking at larger tires. I went for sport dual piston calipers which also included sport spindles. It cost me $150 total through ebay purchases and a straight forward swap.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2016 Trail SE Camo/Orange. A/C Tilt out windshield & camo soft top, Dragonfire harness bar, dirtspecialties harnesses.

Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Nice...I looked into this a while ago, but could not find any deals on ebay. When I was looking it was near $200 per caliper.

You will have to report back if there is a notice able difference.
    2014 Wildcat Trail XT Black

Built - DIY Gutted Muff, DIY Master Cylinder Guard, DIY Radiator Scoops, DIY Rock Sliders, Aluminum Roof Powder Coated, Grenade Shifter, Seat Moved Back 1.5" Extra,

Bought - Speed Werx Spring, AC Short Windscreen, AC Kick Panel Bags, AC Under Hood Storage, Tusk Shoulder Bag, 3500 Super Winch, 30" LED Light Bar, 27x9 OG Bighorns, Green LED Interior Lights, 1.5" Spacers In Front, 2" In Rear,

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    50 a piece for the knuckles and 26 a piece for the calipers. I did take me about 3 months to get all the parts. The brakes do seem to be stronger around the farm. I have not had it out on the trail yet. I felt that the brakes had a tendency to fade a little stock. I am hoping that this setup does not slide the front tires on slow down hill or try to saddlebag at speed. I would think the sport people would complain about both of these issues if they were indeed issues of this brake setup.
    2016 Trail SE Camo/Orange. A/C Tilt out windshield & camo soft top, Dragonfire harness bar, dirtspecialties harnesses.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    After a bit of fast riding, I can feel mine fade also. I agree with the sport people would complain as well. I believe they the trail/sport use the same master cylinder setup, so the proportioning should be the same as the sports.
    2014 Wildcat Trail XT Black

Built - DIY Gutted Muff, DIY Master Cylinder Guard, DIY Radiator Scoops, DIY Rock Sliders, Aluminum Roof Powder Coated, Grenade Shifter, Seat Moved Back 1.5" Extra,

Bought - Speed Werx Spring, AC Short Windscreen, AC Kick Panel Bags, AC Under Hood Storage, Tusk Shoulder Bag, 3500 Super Winch, 30" LED Light Bar, 27x9 OG Bighorns, Green LED Interior Lights, 1.5" Spacers In Front, 2" In Rear,

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I had two outings in Wayne National Forest this weekend and like the upgrade. Excellent response, no fade, and no down side. Two thumbs up!

Sponsored Links