• 4 Post By Cdrmax007
  • 3 Post By Bassman64
  • 1 Post By DeanTeck

Thread: Lift kit opinions

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Lift kit opinions

I was thinking about installing a lift kit on my 2019 trail XT, but Im not sure if its a good or bad idea. Any opinions, good or bad, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    I put the SuperATV lift kit in my Trail and I didn't really care for it so I took it back out. It made the ride stiffer than I cared for.

I lost track of the bolts, but I still have the front bracket and rear shock spacers. Other than bolts these are the only three pieces to the kit. I'll sell you those pieces for $60.00 plus shipping. I'm sure you can get the bolts you need at any hardware store, and the installation instructions are on their website. PM me if you're interested.

Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    The installation of the front lift bracket gives you couple inches of extra GC while allowing you to run the springs at the same rate so you don't loose your ride quality. The rear spacer simply compresses the rear spring an extra 2" or so, you can accomplish the same by compressing the rear spring with the adjuster the same amount. A much better method is the purchase of different springs for the rear. A search under here "Summit" should get you some spring rates, I believe the ones I ordered for my Trail were 200 or 225 lb rates.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    877 times
    Put Bandit springs on it, adjust to your preference and forget it
    Piper71w, mrhammond and DeanTeck like this.
    August 2018 Wildcat Of The Month

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgott View Post
    Put Bandit springs on it, adjust to your preference and forget it
    I second that!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you for all the reply's. The stock model has low clearance, so I was looking for something to give it a bit more. Another reason was that I purchased a Diamondback truck rack to carry the wildcat around on the back of my RAM 3500. The rack is solid, but on level ground the bottom of the trail was scraping on the ramps where they connect to the rear extension. When I have a slope to back up to, its no problem, but will that be available everywhere I go? Nope. Attached is a pic showing the problem.Name:  20191124_112841.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  3.15 MB

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettm57 View Post
    I put the SuperATV lift kit in my Trail and I didn't really care for it so I took it back out. It made the ride stiffer than I cared for.

I lost track of the bolts, but I still have the front bracket and rear shock spacers. Other than bolts these are the only three pieces to the kit. I'll sell you those pieces for $60.00 plus shipping. I'm sure you can get the bolts you need at any hardware store, and the installation instructions are on their website. PM me if you're interested.
    Thanks for the offer, and if I wasnt in a hurry to get this done, I would have taken you up on it. But with the cold temps here, minus a heated garage, and the fact we will be leaving for AZ soon, I took it to the stealership to have the arctic cat lift kit installed. Im curious how it will ride, and if it solves the loading problem that I pointed out in this thread.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyJay View Post
    Thanks for the offer, and if I wasnt in a hurry to get this done, I would have taken you up on it. But with the cold temps here, minus a heated garage, and the fact we will be leaving for AZ soon, I took it to the stealership to have the arctic cat lift kit installed. Im curious how it will ride, and if it solves the loading problem that I pointed out in this thread.
    Arctic Cat makes a lift kit for the Trail???

Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    I was asking myself the same question. let us know how it goes.

Member #
    Liked
    432 times
    $20 says it's a typical Super atv lift.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    mud pro makes a lift kit that you can still use the under hood storage box on all the 700 trail, xt
    2013 x 1000 AC hard top, aj's mud flaps, removable winch front to rear, ac cargo cover, 3 receiver hitches, self made turn signal kit, horn ,cvt blower.harness bar and 4 point harness, AC tire rack ,

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    put bandit heavy springs and 28" tires. you can get the ground clearance to 13"-14" without feeling tippy and still have a comfortable ride
    mtgott and DeanTeck like this.
    2016 Trail Limited
    Super ATV flip-up windshield
    Quadra gear convertible roof
    EMP smack back round side mirrors
    30" super led light bar
    6" super led light bar rear
    AC center console bag
    Fender flares
    Bandit Heavy springs
    28"x10"x12" Maxxis Bighorn 2.0
    Warn winch
    AC front and rear bumpers
    AC rock sliders
    72" Click and Go 2 plow system

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Bandit springs and 28" tyres.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Cdrmax007; 12-10-2019 at 04:40 PM.
    mtgott, Dean, mrhammond and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    That’s what I’m running 28” tires with 14”rims with heavy bandit springs, defiantly the way to go
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    mrhammond, DeanTeck and toyman like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4173 times
    that's the way we went with both our trails...28" tires and heavy duty bandit springs (at the time the only rated ones they carried)...big difference in maintaining ground clearance vs oems...
    toyman likes this.
    October 2018 WOTM Arctic Cat Wildcat XX (Satin Charcoal Metallic w/Green Decals)
    Arctic Cat: Black Aluminum Roof; 36" LED Light Bar; Rearview Mirror; Rear Window; Kick Panel Bags; Black Front/Rear Steel Bumpers; 6" LED Light Bar; Rock Sliders; Spare Tire Rim w/OEM CST Behemoth; Trailerable Cover; Green Rock Light Kit--PRP: 4.2 Harnesses--D&P Performance: 2" Seat Mounts/Risers--Ryco Moto: Street Legal Kit--Seizmik: Strike Side View Mirrors--​Rugged Radio: XX Mobile Radio Mount; RM-25R Dual Band Mobile Radio; RRP660 2 Place Intercom System w/Helmet Kits & H22-Ultimate Headsets--Trail Armor: Skids; A-arm & Trailing Arm Guards--
    Speedwerx: Heavy Duty Steering Box Bushing; H5 Alloy Secondary Clutch Spring 180/240; Team Boss Driven Clutch Delrin Washers--775Fabrication: Reluctor Shield--Ryfab: Glass Windshield w/wiper; Cargo Box--KFI: Rear 2" Receiver Hitch--Spring Brake Thingy--

Sponsored Links