Wildcat Forum banner

trail steering?

3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  DRock 
#1 ·
Question about trail steering ?mine doesn't return to center when you let go of wheel when turning normal? If i let go of wheel when in turning steering wheel mostly stays where it I let go of it.steering is great just wondering if this normal since I've never driven another trail but mine.thanks

#2 ·
Depends how fast you are going when you let go. Mine doesnt turn the best but power steering kit should be here soon. Check the air pressure in your tires, if they are too low it will make it harder to steer. Spray some grease on the u-joints in the steering shaft too, may help a bit.

#7 ·
I had a 67 beetle once, first time i drove it i made a left hand turn and let go of the wheel to straighten out as i was use to but it didnt and i almost ended up in the ditch. My power steering just showed up but i missed the delivery guy, now i have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up.

#10 ·
I sprung the extra for the wicked bilt kit. MLS said it was better quality and their price wasnt much more than the cheaper one so i sprung the few extra bucks. I hooked a few stumps and ruts this weekend and ripped the wheel out of my hand so cant wait to minimize that and being able to turn around using one hand.

#15 ·
MLS hooked me up with a good price, even with border fees and taxes im still well under any price i could find in Canada. Power steering cost less than a set of AC aluminum doors so im surprised more people havent gotten it. I cant wait to get it installed and try it out. Only time im not impressed with my trail is when i try to turn it around so this should take it to a whole new level for me.

#17 ·
I have the dash ripped out, steering wheel off, steering shaft out, all ready to install the kit. Just have to pick up from the post office tomorrow and start wrenching. Should build a brace for the steering box mount too, it flexes quite a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.