Like Tree535Likes

Thread: What did you do to your wildcat-X today

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I like this!!!!
    SASSY CAT says... SET THEM PUPPIES FREE!..

Member #
    Liked
    576 times
    I started my conversion to an external fuel pressure regulator with a return line and thought I would share some info on fittings.

1) The port that the in-the-tank FPR fits into is almost an exact fit for a 1/4" NPT pipe plug. It fits pretty tight, but I coated the threads with epoxy just to be sure.
    2) There is enough room for a 1/4" NPT street elbow for the fuel return, but there are reinforcement ribs on the underside of the plastic housing that must be taken into consideration. In other words, drill your pilot hole from the bottom, not the top.

Name:  IMG_0990.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  4.15 MB

My FPR arrives tomorrow, so I have overnight to decide if I'm just going to hack into the line, like Evo did, or make a proper distribution block with the MCX add-on injectors in mind.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    just got my bumpers ordered today..

can't wait to go up to my shop and do something..

been under house arrest by the wife due to reverse shoulder replacement...4 weeks out

bought the X couple of weeks ago and now just sittin on the computer spendin money.

I haven't drove it yet and need to check out the 30"s on it. and gettin a set of harness's for it..

I have comnamder and super ace in az,, needed a ride for here in summer..I'M READY!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9033 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rustyrider View Post
    just got my bumpers ordered today..

can't wait to go up to my shop and do something..

been under house arrest by the wife due to reverse shoulder replacement...4 weeks out

bought the X couple of weeks ago and now just sittin on the computer spendin money.

I haven't drove it yet and need to check out the 30"s on it. and gettin a set of harness's for it..

I have comnamder and super ace in az,, needed a ride for here in summer..I'M READY!!!!
    I have to ask, what is reverse shoulder replacement?
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    576 times
    Didn't know that was a thing. What Wiki says about it sounds painful!
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4156 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    ouch....
    Reverse shoulder replacement

Reverse shoulder replacement is a type of shoulder replacement in which the normal ball and socket relationship of glenohumeral joint is reversed, creating a more stable joint with a fixed fulcrum. This form of shoulder replacement is utilized in situations in which conventional shoulder replacement surgery would lead to poor outcomes and high failure rates.

October 2018 WOTM Arctic Cat Wildcat XX (Satin Charcoal Metallic w/Green Decals)
    Arctic Cat: Black Aluminum Roof; 36" LED Light Bar; Rearview Mirror; Rear Window; Kick Panel Bags; Black Front/Rear Steel Bumpers; 6" LED Light Bar; Rock Sliders; Spare Tire Rim w/OEM CST Behemoth; Trailerable Cover; Green Rock Light Kit--PRP: "RS" Suspension Seats; 4.2 Harnesses--D&P Performance: 2" Seat Mounts/Risers--Ryco Moto: Street Legal Kit--Seizmik: Strike Side View Mirrors--​Rugged Radio: XX Mobile Radio Mount; RM-25R Dual Band Mobile Radio; RRP660 2 Place Intercom System w/Helmet Kits & H22-Ultimate Headsets--Trail Armor: Skids; A-arm & Trailing Arm Guards--
    Speedwerx: Heavy Duty Steering Box Bushing; H5 Alloy Secondary Clutch Spring 180/240; Team Boss Driven Clutch Delrin Washers--775Fabrication: Reluctor Shield--Ryfab: Glass Windshield w/wiper; Cargo Box--KFI: Rear 2" Receiver Hitch--Spring Brake Thingy--

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Couple of late pics from ROTR/Moab Rim.Name:  1.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  233.7 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  2.40 MBName:  2.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  1.53 MB

Member #
    Liked
    576 times
    I had a couple of episodes of what I think was vapor lock while climbing hard and slow up Pryor Mtn. I have a turbo kit to install next month that will probably make things worse, so I finished my fuel system mod:

Name:  IMG_1000.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  160.1 KB
    An early Miata return-style fuel pressure regulator (hidden on the back side of the fuel distribution block) is set for 42 psi. The 1000/X spec is 43. Close enough since I'll be tuning AFR once the MCX kit is installed. I'm running the FPR at a static 42, but it can be referenced to the intake manifold so it will keep fuel pressure at 42 psi over whatever the boost psi is. I like the idea of getting more fuel from the stock injectors and less via the add-on pair in the turbo intake plenum, so I will make that change later on.

A small thing that would be lost on most people, but makes me happy is that Oetiker style clamp kits and pliers are now very affordable. I like the clean look of those clamps.
    Last edited by mbrandt1402; 06-24-2019 at 07:37 PM.
    izom likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Yes it was a reverse replacement...Of all joints that have been replaced, this one was above all the easy for therapy.. I have wife that is a retired nurse so I had 4 weeks of house arrest if know what I mean. No shop!!!!
    But I'll be workin on that puppy before long...

.. Everything is going great..Thank you
    Hollywood and izom like this.

Member #
    Liked
    576 times
    Took an 80 mile drive today with a ~ 6,000 ft gain between starting and topped-out elevation. This was the first serious drive with the new fuel system. I reduced the vapor lock problem dramatically, but when allowed to heat-soak during a break, I did have a stumble or two in the first 5 minutes afterward. Previously, the Wildcat would vapor lock without the heat-soaking break in the action.

I'll install heat rejecting sleeving on the hoses and heat reflecting tape on the aluminum distribution block when I do the turbo project.

Member #
    Hardest part of this job was cutting up a brand new bumper.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrandt1402 View Post
    Took an 80 mile drive today with a ~ 6,000 ft gain between starting and topped-out elevation. This was the first serious drive with the new fuel system. I reduced the vapor lock problem dramatically, but when allowed to heat-soak during a break, I did have a stumble or two in the first 5 minutes afterward. Previously, the Wildcat would vapor lock without the heat-soaking break in the action.

I'll install heat rejecting sleeving on the hoses and heat reflecting tape on the aluminum distribution block when I do the turbo project.

Just a thought for many others and or searching for a FPR, The Yamaha APEX years... 2006-2008? 09? use a popular one, It runs a base of 45#, And hook up the vacuum line to it to pull the pressure down a bit, Then when you boost it, it adds 1# per # of boost. super popular and cheap when it comes to modding snowmobiles for turbo's and such and really anything powersports wise. The sled and or FPR was good for ~25# boost and or 360-380HP for sure on the engine, So likely more than good enough for most things people would consider going to a external FPR for.

You would think though if your turning the key on and cycle that fuel that it shouldn't have a miss once some cooler fuel has made it through the lines. Unless the fuel in the tank as a whole is whats getting hot, I had that issue with my boosted yamaha sled, exhaust runs under the fuel tanks! in the spring when sledding on a ~60-80 degree day, If you stopped the fuel would literally boil in the tank and she would not run at all.... had to wait.

Member #
    Liked
    576 times
    The fuel distribution block hangs off of the trailing edge of the radiator, and with extra hose between it and the injectors in case the turbo plenum changes the routing there is probably 15" (x 2) of non-returning fuel to absorb heat. The Wildcat was fully assembled when I added the remote FPR, so I didn't have full freedom of choice as far as where to mount everything. I will shorten the fuel block to injector hoses when I install the turbo kit if at all possible.

The Miata FPR can be plenum referenced, which I'll do when the turbo goes in. It looks identical to the Yamaha, right down to how it mounts and how much it costs.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Today I decided it was time to install the new steering slider I got from MLS Power Sports.
    It went better than I thought it would, about an hour total. The worst part was removing my 2 inch hitch and winch mount after that it was easy.
    In two weeks I am taking it up to northern Ontario for a week of offroading. I will let everyone know how it works.
    izom likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    502 times
    Finally, a cool enough morning that I could get out and watch the sunrise.
    It was good to be out!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    izom likes this.
    2016 Wildcat X Limited
    PRP XC seats with PRP bases and PRP 4.2 harnesses
    MPI high grip steering wheel
    Dragonfire harness bar
    STI HD beadlock wheels
    Tensor Regulator 28x10Rx14 tires
    12mm wheel stud upgrade
    Textron rear axle, hub & spindle upgrade
    De Anza Works axle nut retainers