2014 Wildcat 1000x rpm issue
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 2014 Wildcat 1000x rpm issue

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

2014 Wildcat 1000x rpm issue

Hey guys! been reading alot on this forum, so i decided to join and see if you guys can help me out with my (new to me) 2014 arctic cat wildcat 1000x! to make a long story short i just bought this and it is not running right. when i give it full throttle whether in Hi gear, Low Gear, Or neutral it will not rev past 6200 RPM'S? previously i couldn't get it to go past 5800 RPM's until i did the GPS mod, right after i did this i was able to hit 7600 RPM'S just one time now it wont go over 6200. just did full valve adjustment, Did bypass mod on GPS, new spark plugs, new wires, new oem belt, just went thru primary clutch, and checked all the rollers, etc... everything looks to be good? fresh 91 octane fuel. car runs great when given half throttle or less but once you lay into it, it starts to sputter and act like its missing. going up hill, down hill, flat ground, etc.... no change. Any suggestions or tips? both header pipes are sizzling hot so that gives me the assumption they are firing? car has 1,360 miles on it.

Member #
    Liked
    627 times
    guess if you broke in the new belt correctly- didnt change som. at the clutch- air filter is free/clean- sounds like a spark or fuel problem!?

did you use the correct plugs? dont remember - fuel pressure in diagnostic mode?? fuel filter?
    wildcat 1000 limited 2013,5

H1 650 TRV 2009

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Last night I went back over everything, made sure I wasn't missing anything small. Everything is clean, belt break in was done right, when going into diagnostic mode the fuel on the gauge says 48. I've heard this is just the fuel level tho?? Not actual fuel pressure, i could be wrong?

As far as spark plugs go, I went with the ngk 7411 cpr8e. Volts at idle are 13, and move up to 14 when accelerating so that's telling me the stator is functioning? I'm at a loss, as far as fuel filter goes the only one I know of is the sock in the tank, and it "looked" clean. Id hate to just throw parts at it i'm going to try and get a manual gauge to test fuel pressure.
    mtgott likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3292 times
    In diagnostic mode, are you getting 99 or 100 on TPS when you smash the gas pedal?
    September 2017 Wildcat of the Month

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Tps is 100. Also did the efi relearn

Member #
    Liked
    1645 times
    If the headers are getting overly hot, could be a timing thing.
    Get.Slicked likes this.
    2015 July Wildcat of the Month

Member #
    Liked
    2912 times
    How did you bypass the GPS? Sounds like it's still messing with you.

Farts are just ghosts of the things we eat!

September 2014 Wildcat of the Month (Pity Vote)

Founder and President of OFRC
    (Old Farts Riding Club)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I checked timing marks on cams, andthey seemed to be right? I might triple check them. A buddy of mine has a jumper made with the 3 pins that he keeps with him when he goes riding, I borrowed it to try and narrow down the issue.

Member #
    Liked
    2912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    A buddy of mine has a jumper made with the 3 pins that he keeps with him when he goes riding, I borrowed it to try and narrow down the issue.
    Just checking here. Could you have installed it backwards? With the clip on the wire harness facing up, you want to jump #1, #3, and #4 (left to right). You should have an 'H' on your speedo all the time.

Farts are just ghosts of the things we eat!

September 2014 Wildcat of the Month (Pity Vote)

Founder and President of OFRC
    (Old Farts Riding Club)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I believe so, but I will check on that, never say never! I do have an "H"at all times on the cluster and haft to press the brake pedal to start.

Member #
    Liked
    457 times
    I think you are right to check the fuel pressure, though I would expect a description of a 1000 with a marginal pump to be "it will run, then cuts out, then runs again". Sputtering, at least for me, stopped when I got rid of my last car that used a carb.

BTW, the source that sells OEM model number Walbro pumps also sells the fuel strainer. AC doesn't. Do a search and you'll find that info. [edit - the search function here seems to be finicky. Or maybe just totally f'd up. Google quickly found what I could not:https://www.wildcatforums.net/forum/...placement.html. You can tell google to only search one site, a feature I didn't know about until a few years ago. "walbro site:wildcatforums.net" will get you a list of posts from this site.

Since you are seeing an "H" in the gauge, I think your friend's gear position hack is probably fine.
    Last edited by mbrandt1402; 06-12-2019 at 02:46 PM.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

rsx
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Is air filter over saturated with a thick oil?
    mbrandt1402 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    229 times
    Check your cam timing; be certain that you are rotating the engine in operating direction only. This engine is very easy to be off by only a tooth, if the cams were ever out. You did adjust the valve lash? To what clearance? using the timing marks on the flywheel?
    -You said you installed new plugs? what do they look like now? What are you running for gap?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry for the late response, long story short. after tearing into the side by side again checking valves, etc.... I ran a compression test and my rear cylinder was only at 130 psi when warm! Tore the head and cylinder off to find I lost a ring and washed out the cylinder. Currently waiting on parts go slam it back together. Thanks for everyone's input!

Sponsored Links