misses only when half fuel of gas or less
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: misses only when half fuel of gas or less

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

misses only when half fuel of gas or less

ok before I going and starte digging into this thing wc x runs fine fuel of gas when I GET TO HALF FULL OF GAS RUNS FINE UNTILL i stop than it missfires bad step on gas it go and runs fine untill I stop again.this happened when I WAS OUT WEST PUT NEW PLUGS IN FILLED WITH GAS RUN FINE UNTILL i GOT TO HALF TANK OF GAS AND STATED DOING AGAIN AND NOW i START IT UP RUNS FINE FOR A FEW MIN. AND IT STARTS TO STUMBLE AND THEN IT RUN SMOOTH THAN IT STUMBLES AND DIES. ANY ONE HAVE A SUGGESTION .JUST TO MAKE EASIER

Member #
    Liked
    578 times
    My '15 X Ltd will stumble if it heat-soaks. I'm not sure if it is also tied to fuel level. Not suggesting this is the fix, but I recently plugged the port for the OEM fuel pressure regulator and installed a remote FPR with a return line. The FPR is near the rear cylinder ignition coil, and the stumble (vapor lock?) is significantly reduced now that fuel is constantly circulating to that point and not absorbing as much heat. I have some heat sleeve tubing to add the next time I have the trunk out, and if I can afford to have my cylinder heads and turbo header ceramic coated, I may send the fuel distribution block I made to have it coated with a heat rejection coating.

Last year, my 'cat would heat-soak and die if it idled too long on a hot day. The fuel pump completely failed over the winter, so I suspect it wasn't making the proper psi when it would die. A new pump made it better, then the remote FPR improved it some more, but on today's ride it would stumble if we stopped for just a few minutes. Stopping for lunch lets it cool down completely, and the stumble does not happen.

When it does stumble, going WOT seems to allow the fuel pump to push the vapor through the injectors. It clears up and runs fine for a couple of seconds and repeats the stumble, then it runs fine. Probably because there is some air flow around the fuel lines at that point.
    Last edited by mbrandt1402; 07-18-2019 at 07:37 PM.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Ok thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Only other thing is i justed started it up and was doing this

Member #
    Liked
    578 times
    Well, then it isn't heat related, or at least it isn't initiated by heat-soak.

I would still be looking at the fuel system. The static pressure test is simple to do if you have an old oil pressure gauge. A cheap one would work well enough to know if your fuel pump is in the ballpark.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Member #
    Liked
    2938 times
    Wouldn't it be like a bottle. No venting, so you build a slow fuel delivery. I would wait til it does it again, remove the gas cap, then put it back on. See if this temporarily fixes the issue. If it does, then your fuel tank/system isn't venting properly or at all. And that's all I got!!

Farts are just ghosts of the things we eat!

September 2014 Wildcat of the Month (Pity Vote)

Founder and President of OFRC
    (Old Farts Riding Club)

Member #
    Liked
    578 times
    Since it mis-behaves on cold start-up (if I'm following toyman's posts correctly), I'm thinking it isn't the vent. I don't think a vent would seize up so thoroughly that it would hold a partial vac that long.

That said, what SandSissy suggests is a great and cheap idea to at least eliminate one possible failure.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I did the venting I will have to do the fuel pressure. Is there a hook up place to test the pressure . I would have been on here sooner but I went away for the weekend

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    so I took the storage box out and hooked up a fuel pressure gauge and tested the fuel pressure it has 43 lb with out start up and 43 lb while running. I pulled fuel pump out and checked the stranner. and than drilled out the vent and running the vent line up over radiator.I guess I'll put some in injection cleaner in and take for a ride when I get to do that

Member #
    Liked
    458 times
    There is a very simple/inexpensive injector cleaning kit that works quite well.
    Can be found on ebay and amazon under $15 delivered

Name:  inj cleaner.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  210.8 KB
    2012 Wildcat 1000
    160hp 992cc Big Bore Evo Turbo
    Fox RC2 Shocks
    30" Kanati Mongrels
    March 2018 WOTM

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    thanks have to get one

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    so I took my wc up north wisconsin it did run a little better. sso I DID BUY ON LINE THAT INJECTOR CLEANING KIT DIDN'T GET IT YET. BUT NOW MY SPEEDO IS WAY OFF .i HOOK UP MY GPS FOR SPEED. SPEEDO SHOWING 50 MPH GPS 30 MPH AND AT 60 MPH SPEEDO SHOWING 89 MPH THERE IS SOME THING WRONG.

Member #
    Liked
    128 times
    you've got it set to kilometers per hour not MPH
    2014 X Limited blk
    Harness Bar
    4 point TSI Harnesses
    30" Light Bar
    V Bar
    Headache Bars
    30x10 14 Mongrels
    Dalton Clutch Kit
    Pace 12mm wheel studs
    UTV Grab Bar
    AJ's bushings
    Trinity Dual Exhaust
    Trinity fuel controller

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    yes just checked it thats what I did thanks

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    when checking the fuel pressure once the fuel cycles the pressure drops off. is that what it does or is it like a car and holds the pressure. I didn't anything in all the threads about that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links