Clutch Spring

Thread: Clutch Spring

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Clutch Spring

Excuse the ignorance here, but I'm still lookin for some help on what to use for a upgrade clutch spring, while I have apart.

just want to improve the stock sys to a better spring.. I keep readin on the forum but a little confused.

Talked to Speedwerx but I don't know what I need so not much help..

I sure would like someone in the know to help me out here..

Thank you Rich
    SASSY CAT says... SET THEM PUPPIES FREE!..

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    more info.. 30" tires on 2018 wildcat X upgrade on air intake and delete on cat in muffler..

Just usin the buggie for normal use and not much hotrodin at this age... Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I have an '18 X and my situation may have been slightly different...upgraded to 30" tires so I knew some upgrades on the clutch side were going to be needed. I emailed Speedwerx requesting some advice. In my email I listed my upgrades, rider and accessory weight, the type of riding I do (along with location, and estimated elevations, typical speeds, etc). For my situation they had recommended the 30" tire clutch kit for elevations 0-2999, and an upgraded driven clutch spring 125-190. With the upgrades my X drives very very similar ("snappy") to how it did with the smaller tires, and with the upgraded spring the belt seems to hold better and have the benefit of some engine braking when in low gear going down some very steep hills.
    2018 Wildcat X | AC Half WindShield | 30” STI Roctanes | STI HD5 Beadlock Wheels | Speedwerx Hypershift Clutch Kit | Speedwerx Secondary Spring | Tusk Skid Plate | Custom Fab Roof | 30” NiLight Lightbar | MTX Audio Bluetooth Soundbar | Custom Fab Shoulder Panels | Dragonfire Harness Bar | Dragonfire EVO Harness | Dual Rotopax w/ Custom Mounts | Garmin GPS | Dual Axia Alloy Side Mirrors | HiLift Jack

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Thank you Northern Cat.. Just ordered the spring.. It sure is nice that somebody will answer on this forum!!!

Member #
    Unfortunately I have noticed the forum is not as active as one would hope. I never got Much feedback my self on clutching nor is there as much info relating to it as I'd of hoped lol and if you check out vendors, It's like a long lost art/little info or help and or no real kits, Snowmobiles a big part of a "clutch kit" is changing that helix angle. people just want to change springs or weights, but springs/weights is a balance. For me going from the stock, I believe 90-140#???? secondary spring to the 125-190 has helped, I'm stock I ride 3k-7k feet. I blew a belt and I noticed near full shift it has some signs of slippage, Springs go weak with time mind you mine is a 2014. Increasing the secondary spring means the primary with same setup must spin at a higher rpm to generate the clamping force needed to get the belt to move down the secondary, The benefit of that can be more belt grip which should be cooler running. I'm glad I got my sled background on clutching otherwise The lack of info on these things would make it very hard to make a decent educated guess haha.

Safe bet is try that spring, Due to the bigger tires it may get you close to where you were stock perhaps in rpm as bigger will drop your rpm.

Sponsored Links