16x Ltd engine in 14x
    Member #

16x Ltd engine in 14x

So crank case is gone in my 14x I have found. A 16xltd engine on eBay and was wondering if it direct harness fit and plug n play

Member #
    Liked
    983 times
    it will drop right in.. does the ecm come with it and may I ask whats it selling for?if its the one for $3749, that's way too much you can buy a new 18x for that if not cheaper sometimes..also, 16 x ltd engines have been known to drop a piston..
    Last edited by NDHotbodies; 08-10-2019 at 10:19 AM.
    18 XX Ltd Mystery Machine..
    18 XX green black
    14 120 zr
    12 M8 153

Member #
    Liked
    578 times
    The '16 has an oxygen sensor that the ECM uses to adjust fuel at idle. I don't think your '14 has wires for the sensor, plus you would need the '16's complete exhaust system. The ECM is not worth doing even if included, IMHO.

The rest of the engine should be plug-n-play.

If you think the seller might listen and drop the price a bit, you might let him know that the X Ltd motor is not special. It is the same as the X.
    Last edited by mbrandt1402; 08-10-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2938 times
    I don't think you would need the ECU. The O2 sensor was an improvement. Your exhaust and ECU should work just fine (I think). Andjello dropped one in his 14X and just hooked it up. However, that's still too much for a yanked motor.

Farts are just ghosts of the things we eat!

September 2014 Wildcat of the Month (Pity Vote)

Founder and President of OFRC
    (Old Farts Riding Club)

Member #
    Liked
    578 times
    It really will be plug-n-play if you don't try to use the '16 ECU/ECM. And I agree about the price.

Not that long ago, someone was selling new-old-stock crate motors for that price on ebay. They probably didn't have any of the starter upgrades, which presumably this '16 motor would have.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Member #
    Liked
    983 times
    not too long ago, like about a year ago, new 18x engines with both primary and secondary clutch were going for in the low to mid 3s.. yes you can run it with the "old" ecm..
    18 XX Ltd Mystery Machine..
    18 XX green black
    14 120 zr
    12 M8 153

Member #
    Liked
    3408 times
    I got my crate 18 X motor delivered for $3200 from Country Cat. MLS had just run out, but had a similar deal going. I used the 14 intake and exhaust and it was plug and play. Comes with new clutching and everything but the intake and exhaust.
    September 2017 Wildcat of the Month

Member #
    I called mls and country cat quoted me at 4200 without shipping

Member #
    Or does anyone know of a better deal on a crate engine?

Member #
    Liked
    3408 times
    Yeah, I stuck in the part number on a search and was getting right around $4200 as well. I think Idaho rigging is still a supporting vendor on here, give them a try. Can't hurt.

Member #
    Liked
    578 times
    I looked at crate motors in late Feb / early March. The price had already jumped by then.

There is an Idaho Rigging location about 15 miles from me in Priest River. They are a very low volume AC dealer that sells mostly Trails, but can get all of the parts. I don't know why you would benefit from a local connection to the dealership, but if I can help, just let me know.

Member #
    Liked
    3408 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrandt1402 View Post
    I looked at crate motors in late Feb / early March. The price had already jumped by then.

There is an Idaho Rigging location about 15 miles from me in Priest River. They are a very low volume AC dealer that sells mostly Trails, but can get all of the parts. I don't know why you would benefit from a local connection to the dealership, but if I can help, just let me know.
    They have helped others out on the forum with a great deal on engines in the past. There was a swamped trail that I remember the thread.

Sponsored Links