Racketing sound from back when leting off gas with paddles
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Racketing sound from back when leting off gas with paddles

Member #

Racketing sound from back when leting off gas with paddles

Hi just purchased this wildcat x and when I have the dirt tires on hard ground no sound but when I put the paddles on and let off the gas I get a racket sound mostly on packed ground.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8986 times
    You're not supposed to run paddles anywhere but sand. Hard pack ground, pavement, cement will eventually round the edges, chunk them, or rip the paddles off. The sound you're hearing is the paddles making contact with the ground.
    izom likes this.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8986 times
    Oh, and Welcome Bob6973. I always recommend harnesses and a harness bar to all members.

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Hollywood, You told the last thread I read about paddle tires that there only for sand. we know that been dunning for years but every camp ground and road to the dunes is packed ground.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8986 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob6973 View Post
    Hollywood, You told the last thread I read about paddle tires that there only for sand. we know that been dunning for years but every camp ground and road to the dunes is packed ground.
    OK, well if it's hard pack as you state, go as slow as you can. The thumping might drive you crazy, but you want to try and keep the edges on your paddles as sharp as possible.

Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    I also know the sound, it's not the paddles, it's a mechanical sound that goes away when I switch to 4wd. I still have not figured it out. Eny one else have an idea? Sounds like a bag of marbles

Member #
    Liked
    537 times
    If the sound is synchronized to the paddles hitting the hard-pack, I would take a look at the pivots on the front end of the trailing arms. There is a lot of stuff there that can loosen up. When the paddles jolt the machine, those parts could be rattling.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Member #
    My sound is deffinatly coming from the rear of the machine and sounds like a roller coaster chain racheting but only when I let off the throttle.
    I just changed the belt, rear wheel bearings and did the spring thing on the breaks... still making the sound

Member #
    Liked
    659 times
    ...swaybar?? the brake pads can also make sound....dont think the primary can make suc noise?
    wildcat 1000 limited 2013,5

H1 650 TRV 2009

Member #
    Everything seams pretty tight but it has be baffled, push on the gas and nothing once I let off clicky click click

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8986 times
    Everything seams pretty tight but it has be baffled, push on the gas and nothing once I let off clicky click click
    How are your CVs? When a CV is going is starts to click.

Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    373 times
    Could this be the infamous brake pad rattle?

I was reminded of this last Sunday, when I rebuilt a brake caliper after an axle break, I forgot to re-insert the spring fix many of us did between the pads. And guess what, the mechanical rattle has come back of course.

Anyone have some of the Century Springs laying around (71741S) I have a balance in my Paypal or Venmo account if you care to sell 1-2!

Good luck.
    izom likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    537 times
    A bit of a tangent, but... Adding those springs is a clever and cheap way to fix the problem, but now the first bit of brake pedal travel is spent compressing the springs, so your pedal gets a little longer. A residual pressure valve will keep a couple of psi in the brake line. That keeps the pad from chattering and also keeps the caliper piston up against the pad. $15 to $20.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Member #
    Hollywood, do the CV's click all the time or just when you let off the gas? I have done the break pad spring but that would make noise all the time even when your on the gas. the strangest thing is it only clicks on deceleration.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8986 times
    Hollywood, do the CV's click all the time or just when you let off the gas? I have done the break pad spring but that would make noise all the time even when your on the gas. the strangest thing is it only clicks on deceleration.
    They click all the time, but you can usually only hear them when you're off the gas, as the motor sound drowns them out.

Easiest check is pretty simple. Jack the car up, turn the tire. If it clicks, it's your CVs.

Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links