Walker-Evans coilovers with broken sliders and totally bound upper shock
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Walker-Evans coilovers with broken sliders and totally bound upper shock

Hey guys,

First trip out on my 2012 Wildcat X with Walker Evans coilovers. I noticed that the dual-rate slider (Between the two springs) are both cracked. I ordered replacements, however my question is that the upper oil is totally bound (Or you might say, totally bottomed out) when the car is just sitting, and the top adjuster looks to be screwed way down. Is this OK? No idea how it could have become this way on both sides.

Car has 4500ish miles on it. Any

Member #
    Liked
    663 times
    ...guess someone bottomed out really hard....

buy new ones and set preload correct- or maybe new<harder springs also....
    wildcat 1000 limited 2013,5

H1 650 TRV 2009

Member #
    Liked
    569 times
    It would be unusual to have both upper springs collapse, so I'm thinking the previous owner didn't like, or didn't understand, dual rate springs.

Are the sliders on top of the crossover stops? If so, it would be possible to run the crossover stops up and the spring perch down, thereby compressing the upper spring (and disabling it). I think it is time to take it all apart and re-assemble per the parts drawing or service manual.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Sponsored Links