Accessory Wiring - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Accessory Wiring

Member #
    Liked
    483 times
    thanks wired ,they confussed the heck out of me for a second their, Im good to go now

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I'm test fitting lighted rocker switches now, everything is working except the rocker is not lighting up. I tried turning on headlights, still nothing.
    I think they have to be jumped, gonna try it out jumping wires behind the plug.
    Name:  rocker.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  33.7 KB

edit: Tried jumping as in pic, but that only turns on bottom led in my dual led rocker and it stays on, in off or on position. I'll keep messing with it....
    Last edited by vikter; 06-13-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vikter View Post
    I'm test fitting lighted rocker switches now, everything is working except the rocker is not lighting up. I tried turning on headlights, still nothing.
    I think they have to be jumped, gonna try it out jumping wires behind the plug.

edit: Tried jumping as in pic, but that only turns on bottom led in my dual led rocker and it stays on, in off or on position. I'll keep messing with it....
    It depends on how your rocker switch is wired. Independent means it will light once power is applied, independent of the switch position. Dependent means it will only light when that component is on. You can have a rocker with the upper or lower independent and the opposite is dependent(this is what I like) or one dependent (only on when the switch is on).

What does your switch look like? Does it have a model number anywhere on the body?

EDIT:
    Looks like this is how the switch above is being wired. http://www.otrattw.com/wiring/J66a.pdf

I have in my notes from wiring this switch that I do NOT want a jumper between 2 & 6 like the image above shows. When I did this it did not work. Instead I have 6 coming from a separate ignition switched wire that will only illuminate the bottom LED when the ignition is on.
    Last edited by Wired; 06-13-2018 at 03:53 PM.
    2015 - Wildcat Trail - Lime Green - WOTM Oct 2017
    Tusk soft top | Tusk center bag | Superwinch Terra35 winch | NiLight 32" LED light bar | Tusk Rzr overhead bag with flipdown map pocket (and homemade PVC | frame to make it fit the cat) | Kodiak Mfg rear rack | Rotopax and Expedition One fuel/ water cans | Journey P350 tires (stock size) | Bandit Springs (heavy) | Speedwerx secondary spring | Speedwerx throttle spring | Tusk UTV Jack and Mount | SAK Parking Brake | Tusk UTV Fire Extinguisher Mount/ Fire Extinguisher | Ampper rock lights | Ampper rock lights as dome lights (red/ white) | Bluesea 12 circuit fuse panel | Homemade chainsaw mount | Dragon Gunner Brake Reservoir Cover | 1/2" UHMW skid plates | Garage Products Bushings w/ zerk fitting mod | Car seat latch system mod |

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Its a Carling V1D1 5-pin I got from UTV inc, top and bottom led. I'd like bottom on with lights or ignition and top when accessory switched on.

Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vikter View Post
    Its a Carling V1D1 5-pin I got from UTV inc, top and bottom led. I'd like bottom on with lights or ignition and top when accessory switched on.
    Ok. That's the diagram for that switch. Instead of jumping from pin 2 -> pin 6, try wiring pin 6 to a separate ignition switched source. I think I tried the same thing and it wasn't working for me either. I have in my notes that pin 2 and pin 6 can come from the same stud on my fuse block, but they cannot be jumped on the switch. It has to be a separate wire to pin 6.
    Rasty1 likes this.
    Tusk soft top | Tusk center bag | Superwinch Terra35 winch | NiLight 32" LED light bar | Tusk Rzr overhead bag with flipdown map pocket (and homemade PVC | frame to make it fit the cat) | Kodiak Mfg rear rack | Rotopax and Expedition One fuel/ water cans | Journey P350 tires (stock size) | Bandit Springs (heavy) | Speedwerx secondary spring | Speedwerx throttle spring | Tusk UTV Jack and Mount | SAK Parking Brake | Tusk UTV Fire Extinguisher Mount/ Fire Extinguisher | Ampper rock lights | Ampper rock lights as dome lights (red/ white) | Bluesea 12 circuit fuse panel | Homemade chainsaw mount | Dragon Gunner Brake Reservoir Cover | 1/2" UHMW skid plates | Garage Products Bushings w/ zerk fitting mod | Car seat latch system mod |

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    633 times
    Great info, thanks for posting!
    2018 Wildcat XX
    Speedwerx clutch
    Steering bushing
    Textron Roof
    Tusk skids
    DragonFire System 3 Off Road SB-3 Beadlock wheels
    STI X Comp 32" Tires
    Razorback belt guage
    Rugged Radio UHF/VHF radio & intercom
    Viper 4500lb Winch w/Remote Control
    775 Fabrication Front/Rear bumpers, tow point, winch mount, tie downs, cage grab handles

Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Did you ever get this working?

Member #
    Liked
    17 times

Accessory wiring

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Did you ever get this working?
    I think I understand what they had in mind. The rectangular blocks are for plugging in rocker switches which then control the current to the circuits to make them hot. Pretty simple but why didn't they include some kind of instructions???

Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Rider View Post
    I think I understand what they had in mind. The rectangular blocks are for plugging in rocker switches which then control the current to the circuits to make them hot. Pretty simple but why didn't they include some kind of instructions???
    Because that would have made too much sense

I just found out this weekend the instructions for oiling my air filter is different between the owners manual and the service manual. Why have 2 different versions, especially on something so basic?

Member #
    Liked
    483 times
    your right greyrider just put in back lights and front light bar, thanks to james at mls, he sent me a wire harness for the front and rear, every thing works great. next challenge ssv unit

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sasquatch Lights. awesome

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Wildcat XX service manual and Winch install

2018 WILDCAT XX ON LINE SERVICE MANUAL.
    https://support.countrycat.com/posts...service-manual

I just started to install and wire in my Arctic Cat Universal Warn ATV Winch 2436-108 and WARN 101672 Winch mount...
    I had to re-drill the upper portion of the bracket to allow the winch to fit this winch plate. I DO NOT recommend this winch for this plate.

I now have interference with the left headlight adjustment screw and I wont be able to utilized the free wheeling mode of the winch... Live and learn. I'm not sure of the correct winch application.

I had to order the correct 5" Fairlead for this mounting system... The grill has not been reinstalled at this point. Cutting of the grill will be needed. Waiting for the part to come in. (Amazon $10)

Problems with figuring out the wiring has been my biggest issue. I installed the switch control and the supplied wire harness. Then I picked up a couple of the (Dealer) 1436-834 24" accessory extension harness's to hopefully complete the wiring installation.

My local dealer that sold me the Wildcat XX has been useless of information to find the correct parts needed. I found most everything on line... CountryCat.com has been a huge help for me!

Member #
    Liked
    408 times
    Thanks everyone for the heads up on this wiring stuff.
    Helped me a lot.
    LED bar, rear ambers and horn.
    Fan override next when I can get the correct way to wire it.
    Radio getting wired directly to battery with fuse.

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Just thought I would share my experience with hooking up the air horn to acc sw c, it’s the one under the light switch. Long story short I wasn’t getting 12v at the corresponding pig tail and was just about to post here to ask for help. Before posting I took another look at everything and what I found was the fuse was in the wrong spot, now the reason I’m mentioning this is cause it wasted about an hour of my time trying to figuring this out. Pay close attention to how the fuse block is labeled, it’s easy to mistake the position. Well not anymore I guess. Other than that, having these prewired circuits with the relays already installed is just one more reason why I know I made the right descision buying this buggy.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Now an expert on accessory wiring of XX after spending the last two days installing all my new electrical stuff. Really familiar with all of the plugs and wiring. If you need some help, let me know.
    Once you understand what Textron did with this part of the wiring, it’s really cool and makes a lot of sense.

Dave
    Last edited by DGruper; 11-21-2019 at 06:12 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links