Finally picked up my XX - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Finally picked up my XX

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Does the "no stock cages" rule apply to the XX ? Because it has more bracing than some aftermarket cages.

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JCole View Post
    Does the "no stock cages" rule apply to the XX ? Because it has more bracing than some aftermarket cages.
    Would need to talk to their tech inspector, but it should pass based on their standards...

Under 2000 lbs. 1.5" x 0.95"

All rollcages must be designed and constructed with one front vertical hoop, one rear vertical hoop,two interconnecting top bars, two rear down braces, one diagonal brace and all necessary gussets.The two top interconnecting bars must be placed as far to the outside of the top part of the front andrear hoops as possible. Rear down braces and diagonal brace must angle a minimum of 30 degreesfrom vertical. At the bottom of the diagonal brace there must be a cross member of the same tubingmaterial and dimensions as the hoop. All rollcage components (hoops, braces, gussets, etc.) musthave a minimum of 3-inch clearance from the component to the vehicle occupant’s helmets whenoccupants are seated in their normal riding positions. All portions of the roll bar or bracing thatmight come into contact with the vehicle occupant’s helmets must be padded. All portions of theroll bar or bracing that might come into contact with the vehicle occupant’s helmets must be padded.Rollcages must be securely mounted to the frame or body. All intersecting points must be gussetedand braced. Cab or body mounted rollcages must be bolted through the body structure and beattached by use of a minimum two 0.1875-inch thick doubler plates (one on each side of bodystructure). Bolts and nuts must be at least 0.375-inch-diameter s.a.e. Grade 8 or equivalent aircraftquality. Welding of cab or body mounted rollcages to body structure is strictly prohibited. Rollcageterminal ends must be attached to a frame or body member that will support maximum impact andnot shear or allow more than 1.5 inches of movement in the cage terminal end.

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Just got a package from Rugged Radios at work... Feel like a kid on Xmas morning. Antenna (PCI), radios (used and programmed), coax and all switches are supposed to show up tomorrow...

Trying to do this as affordable (does affordable and racing even go together) as possible. This is my used/reconditioned RRP5100 from Rugged. Was keeping an eye on their clearance page till a 5100 or 6100 showed up...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Switches showed up...

They’ll be going here:

And here:

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Dropped off the XX at a buddies fab shop to make me a roof since I didnt see anything that I really liked. Stopped by to check it out today at lunch, looks good, corners arent fastened, which is why they are lifted. He also go the rear light bar mounted up, now just need to figure out how we want the tail on the roof to look then off to powder....
    Name:  IMG_5665.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  2.25 MB
    Name:  IMG_5667.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  2.43 MB
    Name:  IMG_5666.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  2.85 MB
    oneshotkyle and Total Loss like this.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8946 times
    Quote Originally Posted by novaman64 View Post
    Dropped off the XX at a buddies fab shop to make me a roof since I didnt see anything that I really liked. Stopped by to check it out today at lunch, looks good, corners arent fastened, which is why they are lifted. He also go the rear light bar mounted up, now just need to figure out how we want the tail on the roof to look then off to powder....
    Name:  IMG_5665.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  2.25 MB
    Name:  IMG_5667.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  2.43 MB
    Name:  IMG_5666.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  2.85 MB
    What's the story on the "flag horse"? Pretty cool!
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    What's the story on the "flag horse"? Pretty cool!
    Its a local business sign. Was rusted out and tired, so hes rebuilding the base/sign portion of it.
    Hollywood likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    236 times
    I like the low profile of that roof.
    novaman64 likes this.
    2018 Wildcat XX green/black

32" ITP Cryptids
    Warn VRX 45-S winch
    HMF Titan QS Blackout exhaust
    Custom roof
    Speedwerx steering bushing
    Custom winch mount
    Speedwerx alternator delete kit
    Custom tow ring
    Suspension lifted 4"
    Venom secondary spring

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Novaman where will you be racing?

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashly View Post
    Novaman where will you be racing?
    The plan is to hit a couple Southern California dez races this year (DP4 and/or AVE series) and see how it goes. There are a couple local short courses I might try just for kicks. Then next year try and run the NORRA 500 and possibly a SCORE event like the 250 or 500.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Sounds good. We hope to be running a similiar program next year. D38, v2r, mint 400 etc. Keep up the posts. FYI I was looking at all of the xx's at the 400 and most of them simply welded the overlapping tabs on the cage. They passed tech. One of them had a aftermarket fuel cell that I could see and I am not sure about the other ones. Most of them were running long travel, but from what I am gathering and looking at Rays results (v2R) a simple deeper offset may give it all the width it needs. Keep up posts for the race prep. Its good to compare notes. Did you switch the rear axles yet?

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashly View Post
    Sounds good. We hope to be running a similiar program next year. D38, v2r, mint 400 etc. Keep up the posts. FYI I was looking at all of the xx's at the 400 and most of them simply welded the overlapping tabs on the cage. They passed tech. One of them had a aftermarket fuel cell that I could see and I am not sure about the other ones. Most of them were running long travel, but from what I am gathering and looking at Rays results (v2R) a simple deeper offset may give it all the width it needs. Keep up posts for the race prep. Its good to compare notes. Did you switch the rear axles yet?
    I checked the plunge and it looks good. Going to put limit straps on it and see how they hold up. There is a showroom stock class that AVE runs, that you aren't allowed to gusset the cage, I am waiting to modify it till I decide if I am going to run that class this year or not. If not, plan to weld the cage as you mentioned, put in a couple diagonal roof bars, a couple gussets and then put in something like this:
    Name:  FB_IMG_1549638228998.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  81.6 KB

Which should allow me to still have functional doors for when I go recreational cruises out in the dez with the wife, but should also make it race legal in all sanctioning bodies with a second method of securing the doors.

Member #
    Liked
    1645 times
    I thought all XX stock cages were race ready, no?
    2015 July Wildcat of the Month

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrotel View Post
    I thought all XX stock cages were race ready, no?
    Depends on class and sanctioning body. The tube diameter and thickness meets all I have seen, but some want welded not bolted, and door bars..
    mgrotel likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    What is nice about those door bars Speed put in is that the door still is usuable. I watched Todd hop in and out at the Mint. MUCH safer IMO when you need to get out quick. They passed tech as you said.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links