New XTR1000 - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: New XTR1000

Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    I thought the name "Polaris" was stooooopid when I bought one...then I got the permagrin and could care less.

Same this time. I just tell everyone it's an Artic Cat...they understand that.
    sand shark and Bamacat 12 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blast View Post
    Unfortunately the used wildcat value will also drop more . Anyone trade in or attempt to trade in a older wildcat," forget about it". Loosing a dealer that you like, is a deal breaker for me. I usually don't buy from a business, that sells boats, RVs,trailers, watercraft and a long list of products. What super mechanic does it all?
    Who says your losing a dealer? Arctic Cat dealers are not being forced out. Bass Pro is not going to be the sole dealership for Arctic Cat products. It could be that your dealer is no longer wanting to be a Arctic Cat Dealer?

If you dont like buisnesses that sell more then the particular item your wanting to buy, then that is your choice. But I know of lots of recreational dealerships that can’t survive just selling UTV’s & ATV’s, or just one brand of something. Many have to diversify into watercraft, street vehicles, generators etc..
    mtgott likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    944 times
    Home and Garden stores sell sxs made by Polaris with a different badge...so what's the big deal. Bass pro sells fishing equipment that is the same as my local fishing store sells...so what's the big deal?

If I wanted a sxs from bass pro..I would buy it. I am fortunate enough to have MLS. If I didn't I would look at Bass Pro

I don't give a damn what you buy or where you buy it , but buy something because these things are fun
    Green XX with lots and lots of extras

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I have a 2013.5x and a 2015x4. I really like the wildcatx, to me, it is a superior machine. The problem is, neither one is worth much over three thousand dollars. I paid over twenty thousand dollars apiece. Buying one of these machines, not just Arctic Cat but all of them is not a good investment. But Arctic Cat and especially since the deal with Textron is the worst of the worst. Buy a new one drive it off the showroom floor and it loses 50%. If I buy another one it will not be the Arctic Cat or Textron. I would not like to be an AC dealer. I hope they survive. D&P in Cedar City Utah has to have a headache over this mess.
    blast likes this.
    2013.5 X

2015 X 4

Member #
    Liked
    424 times
    My response to that would normally be "who lets a dealer wrench on ANY of their toys?", but I met Dean last year, and now it appears that you do, as well.

I know most people don't have the time, and I feel for you. I've learned two things, and they are interrelated: 1) No one will give my toys the attention and detail that I will. 2) If you want it done right the first time and without stress, do it yourself.

By the way, I got a generic "Tracker" ad just now and when I followed it, the XTR1000 is now on the Tracker side-by-side menu.
    mtgott, Jesse L and Bamacat 12 like this.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Can you say warranty. I prefer to do as much repair on my tools(don't have toys) as I can. I had a few too many major problems under warranty, but because they were covered it was only inconvenient. I would guess being able to buy a new machine for 4 grand less may cut into a dealers profit. Loosing quality dealers, who seem to be scarce enough will be the result of this price drop.

Jbl
    Member #
    Liked
    601 times
    Hmmmm so $18k and could probably get that for $19k OTD.....Push turbo for $6500 and now I would have an X3 and RZRS killers for about $25k. Very tempting but nahhhh will wait till Sept.
    DustyRocKrawler and izom like this.

Member #
    Liked
    424 times
    That price was tempting for us, too. Or it was until I added up all of the X add-ons that we have and would want/need to replace.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DustyRocKrawler View Post
    Utube Vid which gives some insight into the Tracker/Textron alignment partnership.

YO, Dusty this kinda reminds me of the Polaris, Indian Motorcycle Debacle. I wanted a Indian Motorcycle until i found out they are Manufactured by Polaris.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTAFAN View Post
    YO, Dusty this kinda reminds me of the Polaris, Indian Motorcycle Debacle. I wanted a Indian Motorcycle until i found out they are Manufactured by Polaris.
    LOL, good point N. A. F. but now that their are so many good choices out there folks can now vote with their dollars. While the XX upped the game significantly in 2018 now I believe Honda has taken the next step in the improvement progression of the SXS machines. Polaris should see it's market share dwindle, Polaris reminds me of the American car companies in the 70 and '80s when Japan was building better quality and certainly more reliable cars than the U.S. mainly due to lazy and greedy executives in corporate America. Poor Direction=Poor Results.

Polaris needs to have a fire sale. or better YET build a machine that is worth the approx. 23,000 that they are selling for.

Name:  polaris on fire.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  8.9 KB

https://www.al.com/business/2018/04/...9jJDxEOvx9tBd4

Polaris hit with $27M penalty for failing to report vehicle problems - StarTribune.com
    NOTAFAN likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I hearYo ya Dusty, I actually think Polaris should include a fire extinguisher as part of their tool kit! You see wat im sayn? Honda has Absolutely raised the bar and I have the Red R Talon on order as we speak Dogg. My Talon is due to arrive in May...can't wait! I am considering the 2020 XX if the Cat can get it fiqured out by then but after all the issues i had with my 2018 XX i am a skeptic fo sure dogg.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    You arctic cat/textron/tracker guys are so cute. First the XX was going to take polaris market share now it's the talon. Let's be real the talon is the nail in the coffin for the XX. You guys will be lucky if the XX is still in production after this summer

Member #
    Liked
    609 times

Question

Let's be real the talon is the nail in the coffin for the XX
    ...what a BS ! :k- ()

lookin at your handful posts just makes me wonder your just a hater or cant handle an sxs !??
    Last edited by izom; 03-25-2019 at 08:33 AM.
    wildcat 1000 limited 2013,5

H1 650 TRV 2009

Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Lets see...Talon.
    24K OTD (for the decent one)
    $800 for 30's (or 32's)
    $1200 for a gear swap
    $800 for springs (depending on the valving...maybe another $800)
    $1200 for a real cage
    $200 for lower doors

Thats 28.2 K and you might be able to keep up with my 20k XX over the 2 ft whoops.

Looks like a nice start though.

Member #
    Liked
    424 times
    I think the Tracker deal pretty much guarantees the XX will be in production. It might be called an XTR1000, but they will get built.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links