preload
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: preload

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

preload

curious how far others have had to move the preload collar in order to get 14-15.5" under the rear end. I'm at 5.25" from the top of the collar to the black plastic / 4 7/8 to the top of the rings, just to get to 14".

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Measure from top of shock thread to top of spring. I'm at 4.5" to top of spring and 8" to the cross-over collar.

Don't measure spring heights.Name:  IMG_4329.JPG
Views: 296
Size:  3.56 MB

Member #
    Liked
    948 times
    If you moved the black collar up to 7" would the ride be smoother? Not sure how that works

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DuneTrack-N View Post
    Measure from top of shock thread to top of spring. I'm at 4.5" to top of spring and 8" to the cross-over collar.

Is that the stock position or is that where you set it after a couple hundred miles and sag?
    I am 13" ride height and need to address this before I go out again.

I am at 3.75" and 7"...big difference- I am assuming you reset yours- rears.

Member #
    Liked
    734 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim45498 View Post
    If you moved the black collar up to 7" would the ride be smoother? Not sure how that works
    By 'black collar' do you mean the part that is at 8" in the picture? That is the crossover and it is where the springs go from soft to firm. It is a balance between being soft and being squishy and bottoming out. I would recommend moving those 1/4" at a time and testing it. For me I like where DuneTrack has them. I'm assuming the picture was taken with the car at ride height and there is about 1/4" between the crossover and the plastic spring separator. (the part that is 8 3/4 to 9" in the picture)

You might want a little more gap there if you don't hit anything very hard but too much gap and the lower spring can't really do it's job
    IUEC Local 8
    The elevator guy!

I had a 2012....cracked engine case stock, then w/ MCX Turbo and STM Clutch broke 2 crankshafts, and blew up 2 rear diffs,

Then got a 2014 X Limited....leaked oil since new, bent crankshaft, and cracked the stator cover....

Got a RZR XPT..hauls ass, rides great, handles terrible, sucks in the whoops

Now....Speed XX #32

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Yes after 200ish miles this is my adjusted height with me in the car @ 225lbs

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    The cross-over rings are on the threaded section. CRAWLR is correct, the cross-over rings set the impact of the dual rate separation. Most people don't understand dual rate springs, when the springs compress and the plastic slider hits the cross-over rings you end up on lower "heavy" spring ONLY. When not compress and going thru terrain you are using BOTH springs.

Shock Therapy actually has a great description of how the springs work. Our XX's have a true dual rate setup, unlike most other brands dual spring/single rate.
    https://shocktherapyst.com/the-truth...-rate-springs/

Member #
    Liked
    325 times
    Yes after 200ish miles this is my adjusted height with me in the car @ 225lbs
    Crossover is pretty close to the main spring...how is the ride compared to stock?

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    I haven't noticed it hitting the cross-over and affecting the ride quality much, definitely notice it on hard hits. Everyone still says the XX rides like a Cadillac compared to other SxSs. The bigger issue is my stock skid plates are taking a beating and I really need to upgrade.

Mostly ride hi-desert (Dove Springs, RedRock, CalCity, Randsburg, Havasu) and some Dumont dune trips. So far it's great for all areas, I still bottom out but only on big whoops at slow speed, hard "g-outs" at the bottom of dunes or hills at speed.

The springs are sagging again, so I need to do it all again. May start looking into a spring package to stop the sagging/adjustments. I'm at 600miles now

Member #
    Liked
    325 times
    I haven't noticed it hitting the cross-over and affecting the ride quality much, definitely notice it on hard hits. Everyone still says the XX rides like a Cadillac compared to other SxSs. The bigger issue is my stock skid plates are taking a beating and I really need to upgrade.

Mostly ride hi-desert (Dove Springs, RedRock, CalCity, Randsburg, Havasu) and some Dumont dune trips. So far it's great for all areas, I still bottom out but only on big whoops at slow speed, hard "g-outs" at the bottom of dunes or hills at speed.

The springs are sagging again, so I need to do it all again. May start looking into a spring package to stop the sagging/adjustments. I'm at 600miles now
    I am a hi-dez guy also...couple times to Glamis where the rear needs stiffening.
    I was wondering if the springs would hold after the first adjustment...sounds like no.
    I will adjust once, after that if it still sags- ST springs fo sho. just trying to get some miles out of these.

Thanks for the info.

Member #
    Liked
    734 times
    Are you guys going to the Dove Springs Wildcat Weekend in April?
    IUEC Local 8
    The elevator guy!

I had a 2012....cracked engine case stock, then w/ MCX Turbo and STM Clutch broke 2 crankshafts, and blew up 2 rear diffs,

Then got a 2014 X Limited....leaked oil since new, bent crankshaft, and cracked the stator cover....

Now....Speed XX #32

Member #
    Liked
    325 times
    Didn't know there was a wildcat run.
    Not too fond of Dove Springs though. We will see.
    Been real busy. Chasing with my buddy's racing has taken away dez riding time. Why I don't race much anymore.
    And the wifey planning vacations.

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    I'm planning on attending, even if it's just a day trip.

April 12-14/19
    https://www.wildcatforums.net/forum/...gathering.html

Member #
    Liked
    734 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
    Didn't know there was a wildcat run.
    Not too fond of Dove Springs though. We will see.
    Been real busy. Chasing with my buddy's racing has taken away dez riding time. Why I don't race much anymore.
    And the wifey planning vacations.
    If you are a racer the day rides might be a little boring but you will love the night rides
    MCR500 likes this.
    IUEC Local 8
    The elevator guy!

Now....Speed XX #32

Member #
    Liked
    948 times

What are the measurements on your Front Springs? Did you have to change the height on those too?
    Courage9027 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links