XX fails again for the SXS Blog boys - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: XX fails again for the SXS Blog boys

Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    When I got my XX I couldnt drive it hardly. It would blow thru the rear shocks and bottom out on jumps. With a few changes it rips now. Shock therapy spring and revalve, black diamond clutch kit, and limit straps from sandcraft. It really needs the bump pad too for the rear too. The stock helix is garbage for spirited driving. Get one with no engine braking. The primary spring that comes with the kit is alittle stiff for me. Clutch engagement happens around 3000rpm now which is too high for technical riding. They told me to put back in the stock spring to bring it down. Im really happy with it now.

Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    Im running the mbrp sport slipon and have albas header and tune on the way.

Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    If you dont get the rear shocks sorted and the bump pad put on your asking for trouble. Go to farm supply place and buy a horse stall rubber mat. 3/4 thick and cut it out. Think it was 25bucks for a big mat. You can probably make about 10 from 1 mat.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocat View Post
    Who's clutch tune and exhaust? I've looked at several cant decide who or what. Also clutch helix, change it or not ? What degree? Staying stock tire for woods, use 31 inch 10 paddles in sand. I'm happy with the car in the woods.
    I’m running the alba header and tune and speeds clutch kit. It really rips now very happy with the upgrades. It excellerates a lot faster according to my butt dyno lol with a top speed in the lower 80’s. In my experience you have to do some clutch work if you get alba tune and header because I was hitting the rev limiter with stock clutching. Probably do to the added hp the header and tune add. Im running stock tires.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocat View Post
    I'm glad you are on here. I'm even more happy that you responded to my comments. You brought certain facts to light. Straightening out the record from my comments was also good. The SxS blog crew is important to the sport I believe the manufacturers are paying attention to you, others, and forums.
    No big deal man, I'm just proud of my buddies and how far they have come. They get a lot of hate on the forums whenever they have a bad experience with something, people just take stuff so seriously, and personally.
    Hopefully they are, they are trying to get a good relationship built with all of them.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Njorg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckystrike06 View Post
    No one wants it to fail, and it's a good chassis, but man it's needs a different motor.
    The rs1 will beat it cause it's straight up faster, but that thing hangs with turbo cars. The X3 just had way more power to pull out of the corners, it was able to cover up mistakes with raw power.
    The XX is a momentum car, it didn't have the low end grunt it needed to fix mistakes on that course. You can see Sous had way more experience on that track than Rick or I, and it showed with his times, and showed that car is capable of some fast times.
    But tell you what in an upcoming video from a recent ride... I wouldn't have wanted to be in any other machine for the trails we were on. Thing rode like a Cadillac.
    i can’t agree with you that the xx needs a diff motor. The Yamaha 998g is one hell of a motor. It’s already producing 130hp put a header and tune in it and your over 140. What other na motor dose that? The problem with not having the low end grunt you want is do to its crappy stock clutching. Put a good clutch kit in the xx and it’s a night and day difference in Power delivery. Way better.
    Does sound like a little tinkering goes a long way with it, I'll try and talk to the guys about possibly working on it more.
    I know they need to do the padding for the rear diff, I've hit it a few times. One time at the dunes with cleetus, G'd out and felt like I about broke my teeth out lol.
    izom likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    975 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Njorg View Post
    I’m running the alba header and tune and speeds clutch kit. It really rips now very happy with the upgrades. It excellerates a lot faster according to my butt dyno lol with a top speed in the lower 80’s. In my experience you have to do some clutch work if you get alba tune and header because I was hitting the rev limiter with stock clutching. Probably do to the added hp the header and tune add. Im running stock tires.
    how do you have the magnets set up on your speed clutch kit..
    18 XX Ltd Mystery Machine..
    18 XX green black
    14 120 zr
    12 M8 153

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NDHotbodies View Post
    how do you have the magnets set up on your speed clutch kit..
    From heal to toe. 2-1-1-0

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Sponsored Links