XX fails again for the SXS Blog boys - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: XX fails again for the SXS Blog boys

Member #
    Liked
    363 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrotel View Post
    That would be called a dry sump oil system for the gear heads that are reading, you're welcome.
    Uh...a drop in paper filter is not a dry sump. It is a filter element that drops into an internal housing.
    The CanAms are wet sumps...as are the Polaris. (Except the 2012 XP900)

The XX and YXZ are dry sumps.

Your welcome.

Member #
    Liked
    1645 times
    You are correct, I am wrong. I should have not assumed, there are 2 drain plugs, my bad. I will still race you in limp mode though.
    oneshotkyle likes this.
    2015 July Wildcat of the Month

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Even if it’s a engine issue, that’s not a Arctic Cat mistake, that’s a Yamaha mistake. And from what I’ve heard, there are very few Yamaha engine related failures. So if it was an engine, the SXS Blog dorks should be bagging on Yamaha.

Same if it’s a clutch issue, which it sounds not to be. But those are designed & built by Team Ind., the same guys who build their beloved Polaris clutches.

Also when they did the belt changed, could they have rotated the engine backwards when trying to get the belt off or on? Could it have jumped time, and bent a valve? They even admitted they just changed the belt, now it’s making a clunking noise!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    969 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikal View Post
    Even if it’s a engine issue, that’s not a Arctic Cat mistake, that’s a Yamaha mistake. And from what I’ve heard, there are very few Yamaha engine related failures. So if it was an engine, the SXS Blog dorks should be bagging on Yamaha.

Same if it’s a clutch issue, which it sounds not to be. But those are designed & built by Team Ind., the same guys who build their beloved Polaris clutches.

Also when they did the belt changed, could they have rotated the engine backwards when trying to get the belt off or on? Could it have jumped time, and bent a valve? They even admitted they just changed the belt, now it’s making a clunking noise!
    The were not bagging on the Wildcat XX. They sounded disappointed it happen as they wanted to drive it. They will get it sorted out and post some good videos with it.

I thought Yamaha supplied the blocks and some parts, but Textron put the motors together. Does not really matters as it is likely a fluke thing.

From what I have seen they like the way the Wildcat XX drives.

BTP
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Yamaha builds the engines. Cat is only building the USA 2 strokes and some Textron Webber engines in house. There have been some fluke engine failures on the sled side as well and Yamaha has taken care of it. If you look on the internet there a pics of damaged oil pump drives on sleds with under 200 miles that have caused low oil pressure or engines to go down. I have 2 998T sleds and a XX with zero engine issues so I would not worry about it myself. The XX is a good machine......

Member #
    Liked
    951 times
    I'm trying to find the video where they tied the canam and rzr together and did the same thing.......hmmmmm
    f7 fighter likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Lmao the excuses you guys come up with are hilarious. The talon was put under that exact same rigors the xx was and not a thing broken. The rzr and can ams these guys own have been beat on 100 times as much as the xx and still keep going. Wildcat owners are the democrats of the side by side world always finger pointing and never a thing there fault. Well continue on with the excuses ill be getting the popcorn and enjoying.
    oneshotkyle likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    363 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrotel View Post
    You are correct, I am wrong. I should have not assumed, there are 2 drain plugs, my bad. I will still race you in limp mode though.
    You're on...should I bring the 250 or the 450?

Member #
    Liked
    363 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Battles11 View Post
    Lmao the excuses you guys come up with are hilarious. The talon was put under that exact same rigors the xx was and not a thing broken. The rzr and can ams these guys own have been beat on 100 times as much as the xx and still keep going. Wildcat owners are the democrats of the side by side world always finger pointing and never a thing there fault. Well continue on with the excuses ill be getting the popcorn and enjoying.
    Were you there? Serious question. If you were not, I would guess you believe everything you see on the internet.
    #MAGA ! (oh yeah...my car is built in Murika!)

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Ouch..
    Last edited by KyCatHead; 04-22-2019 at 11:47 AM.
    2018 Verde Lima Dos Equis

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Oh now total loss thinks it a conspiracy by the sxs blog guys to make the xx look bad. Lmao you guys are a hoot.
    oneshotkyle likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    363 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Battles11 View Post
    Oh now total loss thinks it a conspiracy by the sxs blog guys to make the xx look bad. Lmao you guys are a hoot.
    Not what I said...read my prior posts...unless you have reading comprehension issues.

If you own one of these as I do, you should be concerned (as I am) what went wrong and WHY.
    Someone effed up...you seem to be sure that it WAS NOT the SxS blog guys...even after the way they "broke in" a new machine...

Now who is being definitive in their opinion?

Member #
    Liked
    363 times
    Just read Battles 11 prior posts.
    Should not have wasted my oxygen answering him

Next...

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    The Blog guys are good guys. They do pound on their units and the XX's has let them down several times. The Talon was run the same amount and just as hard on the same day. We need to admit to the failures and learn from the experience. Textron / Arctic Cat has a good product and assembly / quality control has been an ongoing issue for the plant. Luckily they bought (not given) the XX from MLS and their knowledge will sort this out. Hopefully the Blog boys will let us know exactly what went wrong and why.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Total loss a conspiracy is exactly what you are eluding too. You won't accept the results that the xx has broke time and time again for the sxs blog guys. Instead you want to infer that if I wasn't there the sxs blog guys did other things to the xx off camera and tried hiding it. At least theres still voices of reason on here after reading the last post.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links