Wildcat Forum banner

XX fails again for the SXS Blog boys

50K views 205 replies 47 participants last post by  Mocat 
#1 ·
Titles says it all....

#4 ·
Sounds like they toasted a bearing in the motor...probably due to their following the break in procedures...LOL.
That being said, Textron should be calling for the first oil change at 100 miles after seeing what I saw on my first filter...lots of break in-"goo' clogging the filter.
I did mine at 100...second will be at 500.
Wouldn't be surprised they had an oil starvation issue during one of their "antics".

#8 ·
Do they use synthetic oil for the Wildcat XX? If it is a bearing that went, they just got the one bad one from the factory.

On my X3 I did not do my first oil change until around 1500 miles or more and everything was clean. Not much on the drain plugs. Did my second oil change at around another 1500 miles. I do the diff/trans fluids when I change the oil.

When I had my XP1000 I did the oil every 500 miles and diff/trans every 1000 miles.

#12 ·
We all work for Textron...LOL.

And I find it kinda funny also that some folks are rushing to NOT blame anyone...the same folks that have NO IDEA what happened.
But they are truly sure from a couple of edited film clips.

Somebody screwed up in the chain...who? We will probably never know.

#18 ·
Even if it’s a engine issue, that’s not a Arctic Cat mistake, that’s a Yamaha mistake. And from what I’ve heard, there are very few Yamaha engine related failures. So if it was an engine, the SXS Blog dorks should be bagging on Yamaha.

Same if it’s a clutch issue, which it sounds not to be. But those are designed & built by Team Ind., the same guys who build their beloved Polaris clutches.

Also when they did the belt changed, could they have rotated the engine backwards when trying to get the belt off or on? Could it have jumped time, and bent a valve? They even admitted they just changed the belt, now it’s making a clunking noise!

#19 ·
The were not bagging on the Wildcat XX. They sounded disappointed it happen as they wanted to drive it. They will get it sorted out and post some good videos with it.

I thought Yamaha supplied the blocks and some parts, but Textron put the motors together. Does not really matters as it is likely a fluke thing.

From what I have seen they like the way the Wildcat XX drives.

#20 ·
Yamaha builds the engines. Cat is only building the USA 2 strokes and some Textron Webber engines in house. There have been some fluke engine failures on the sled side as well and Yamaha has taken care of it. If you look on the internet there a pics of damaged oil pump drives on sleds with under 200 miles that have caused low oil pressure or engines to go down. I have 2 998T sleds and a XX with zero engine issues so I would not worry about it myself. The XX is a good machine......

#22 ·
Lmao the excuses you guys come up with are hilarious. The talon was put under that exact same rigors the xx was and not a thing broken. The rzr and can ams these guys own have been beat on 100 times as much as the xx and still keep going. Wildcat owners are the democrats of the side by side world always finger pointing and never a thing there fault. Well continue on with the excuses ill be getting the popcorn and enjoying.

#27 ·
Not what I said...read my prior posts...unless you have reading comprehension issues.

If you own one of these as I do, you should be concerned (as I am) what went wrong and WHY.
Someone effed up...you seem to be sure that it WAS NOT the SxS blog guys...even after the way they "broke in" a new machine...

Now who is being definitive in their opinion?

#29 ·
The Blog guys are good guys. They do pound on their units and the XX's has let them down several times. The Talon was run the same amount and just as hard on the same day. We need to admit to the failures and learn from the experience. Textron / Arctic Cat has a good product and assembly / quality control has been an ongoing issue for the plant. Luckily they bought (not given) the XX from MLS and their knowledge will sort this out. Hopefully the Blog boys will let us know exactly what went wrong and why.

#30 ·
Total loss a conspiracy is exactly what you are eluding too. You won't accept the results that the xx has broke time and time again for the sxs blog guys. Instead you want to infer that if I wasn't there the sxs blog guys did other things to the xx off camera and tried hiding it. At least theres still voices of reason on here after reading the last post.

#31 ·
So, I'm going to step in here for a moment, and say this, there will not be any name calling on here, no matter what. You guys can debate all you want, but names like troll, or Nancy or anything else won't be tolerated. I hope I have made myself clear, carry on. Thanks.

#34 ·
Here are your posts on the XX (besides this thread)
I especially like this one:
'Sxs blogs are the most honest unbiased people out there'

Just sayin...Who is tied to what here?Are you related?

#38 ·
First they were accused of being polaris fanboys on this forum but somehow these polaris fanboys have had rave reviews about a honda product now. They just really wanna stick it to textron right?I get it You spend 22k on a side by side you wanna think you got the best but you need to seriously came back down and join the rest of us in reality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.