RG 4xx out yet - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: RG 4xx out yet

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Honda didn’t release a factory turbo machine. They just released a aftermarket turbo kit. It’s the same kit and company team Honda racing is using, so Honda is just recommending the kit but they are not backing it under warranty. Kind of stupid. Watch the newest sxs blog vid they where there at the release. The Honda guy said that if the kit caused the damage the machine won’t be covered

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sand shark View Post
    I don't see AC being around much longer in the UTV sport market. They dragged there feet too long. A 4 seat model would be do nothing at this point. The only thing that might save them is releasing a turbo model and even then with the lack of aftermarket support I am not sure the interest would be there.
    Unfortunately I have to agree 100%. I believe Arctic Cat already dropped the WildcatX, WildcatX 4 seat and the Trail WildcatX from their 2019 line up. But you can still get a rebadged Bad Boy Buggy Stampede. I can’t imagine they sold many of those?

In the Baja 500 prerun thread it was said that SpeedSXS has yet to build a cut & stretch XX to make a XX4 seater. Yet they claimed to have them built by April 1st. That tells me no one is willing to pay $40K for a XX4. Or the fact that they don’t want to buy a Frankenstein UTV, that again will have no outside support and no resale value.

Member #
    Liked
    962 times
    Quote Originally Posted by missiondude View Post
    Those trailing arms look longer to me and the wheel hangs out the back much farther than the stock car. Is that a purpose built frame? In other words, is anything on that car stock?
    It is a Honda Talon 4 seater underneath. They may have come up with aftermarket suspension arms and stretched the wheelbase a few inches over the stock 4 seat Talon. The main frame rails have to stay stock as do the suspension pivot points, per the SCORE and BITD rules. The number on the side of the car is not for the unlimited class, but for the pro turbo class.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    962 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikal View Post
    Unfortunately I have to agree 100%. I believe Arctic Cat already dropped the WildcatX, WildcatX 4 seat and the Trail WildcatX from their 2019 line up. But you can still get a rebadged Bad Boy Buggy Stampede. I can’t imagine they sold many of those?

In the Baja 500 prerun thread it was said that SpeedSXS has yet to build a cut & stretch XX to make a XX4 seater. Yet they claimed to have them built by April 1st. That tells me no one is willing to pay $40K for a XX4. Or the fact that they don’t want to buy a Frankenstein UTV, that again will have no outside support and no resale value.
    Seems to me Robby is focusing on racing trucks this year. He is building an Awd truck right now, which is why he has been racing the RPM truck this season. Maybe he races a Speedcat at Vegas to Reno.

I think the 4 seat deal will be on a per order basis. Maybe another company will buy the Wildcat XX and do something with it.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Check out Robby’s Instagram. He flat out rips Arctic Cat!

Member #
    Liked
    962 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikal View Post
    Check out Robby’s Instagram. He flat out rips Arctic Cat!
    He sure does. Has to be frustrating knowing he has a wildcat xx that has more hp than the Can Am and better design and no chance of it making to production. Let alone a 4 seater just sitting there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sand shark View Post
    That factory race Talon looks really nice with the flowing lines of the cage and what appears to be extended rear arms and wheelbase. If I ever decide to get another SxS, Honda will get a look for sure.

Attachment 242365
    That is just the 4 seat Honda Talon is race trim with a turbo motor. Basically Honda is coming to race in a Class 10 car with a smaller motor. Once they get the race bugs worked out Honda is going to be a force in the Desert. 6 speed DCT trans in a desert race UTV = mash the throttle across the lake beds and no worry of a belt going boom. I predict once the turbo Honda is released there will be a lot of them in Glamis. The turbo will be 165hp at 8-9lbs of boost.

By the way Can Am just release a X3 RR model that is 195hp.
    Saw somewhere else that that rendering is gonna be $150k plus scratch built race car with stock suspension pick up points to meet the rules.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Textron didn’t sign the contracts with bass pro shop with the intent of getting out of the business. when bass pro shop agreed to take on the tracker offroad line I’ll guarantee you they got significant commitment from Textron that’s going to prevent Textron from just dropping the offroad division. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Textron and Robby Gordon part ways with Textron building a completely new machine and cutting Robbie Gordon out of it and Robby Gordon would probably be happy with that. I seriously doubt Robby Gordon is incredibly happy with the way Textron has handled all of this.

Member #
    Liked
    3334 times
    Which account, i could not find it.
    September 2017 Wildcat of the Month

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedirt View Post
    Textron didn’t sign the contracts with bass pro shop with the intent of getting out of the business. when bass pro shop agreed to take on the tracker offroad line I’ll guarantee you they got significant commitment from Textron that’s going to prevent Textron from just dropping the offroad division. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Textron and Robby Gordon part ways with Textron building a completely new machine and cutting Robbie Gordon out of it and Robby Gordon would probably be happy with that. I seriously doubt Robby Gordon is incredibly happy with the way Textron has handled all of this.
    I’m sure Textron didn’t sign contracts to buy Artic Cat and change the name to Textron with the intent to change the name back to Artic Cat when sales did not pan out.

When sales don’t pan out for Tracker, Bass Pro will want to drop the dead weight. Textron marketing will then add or change another name.

https://www.instagram.com/robbygordon/

Member #
    Liked
    962 times

Total Loss likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    962 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedirt View Post
    We will see how that Tracker deal pans out. In a lot of places the only AC dealer is Bass Pro shop.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    The deal Textron made with Bass Pro was a great business decision for Textron & Bass Pro. One Textron gets a guaranteed purchase order to buy x-amount if units of each model. This gives the Arctic Cat line a huge amount of stability. You know your selling units, vs projecting and requiring dealers to take models they might not be able to move. Two selling to Bass Pro and Bass Pro Private labeling the vehicle removes Textron from having to have and maintain a dealer network & warranty related issues. Textron would only be on the hook for recalls or design issues causing warranty issues. Three partnering with Bass Pro, instantly doubles your dealerships, and you don’t need to manage them. Four, Bass Pro carries responsibility and expense of marketing their own vehicles.

Now you might asked why Bass Pro would want to partner up with Textron? Arctic Cat has been sold in Bass Pro shops for years. So there was a previous relationship. Two, no other UTV manufacture needs to private label there product to sell machines. Polaris, Can Am, Yamaha & even Honda (prior Talon) needed to partner & private label their products to sell them. This is the same reason Arctic Cat wanted to have Robby design a vehicle for them. Polaris & Can Am does not need RG’s help to build & sell machines. When talking to Todd Romano, I mentioned that it would have great if they could have partnered with Honda. He’s the one that said only struggling manufactures are going to come knocking. He wished too that they could have built the XX under Honda.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Another interesting thing I found out. It’s been mentioned several times that the XX was Arctic Cats #1 UTV seller. They sold 4500 in 2018 which compared to all other manufactures is sad. But today I read that Arctic Cat just submitted a recall on all Havocs built between Jan 2018 & April 2019 for front suspension arms breaking. This recall covers all 1700 Havocs sold. Yes that’s right in 16 months they sold 1700 Havocs.

Textron paid $247 million in cash to buy Arctic Cat. Their two biggest sellers sold less then 6500 units total. Do the math, you will quickly see that Arctic Cat will not survive and Textron will not keep a company that can’t turn a profit.

Member #
    Liked
    3334 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vikter View Post
    I’m sure Textron didn’t sign contracts to buy Artic Cat and change the name to Textron with the intent to change the name back to Artic Cat when sales did not pan out.

When sales don’t pan out for Tracker, Bass Pro will want to drop the dead weight. Textron marketing will then add or change another name.

https://www.instagram.com/robbygordon/
    Not exactly "Flat out ripping" material there.
    September 2017 Wildcat of the Month

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links