Baja design light bar
    Big gun exo exhaust
    AFR+
    Dalton clutch kit
    PACE- stud kit, hiper centres
    ody's nut retaining plate
    Pro Armor sniper seats

Member #
    $50k by the time you add a few preferred items, pay tax and get it home...wonder if comes with redesigned axles? He basically admits to a design flaw in the original application. They should recall and replace. 2019 axles this design?

Member #
    Liked
    343 times
    They had axle issues since the prototypes were being developed and raced. I watched them blow axles left and rt.
    Off the shelf parts were not working and RG knew it. He had been working on a design for a couple of years.

I think the late 18's have the larger axles (27.25 mm I think) and the smaller boots- 8 bellows. (mine)
    2019's have the larger axles and larger boots- 11 bellows and seem to hold up well.

Look at the setup Fortin has designed for the Can Am X3's.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    The axles on these XX's are defective. I haven't been able to get more than two weekend trips without one or both of the rear inner boots opening up and throwing grease everywhere. It has the newer axles and boots.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Textron / Arctic Cat really does not know the market. Per RG Arctic Cat does not think their is a current market for a 4 seater and due to their restructuring, it might be awhile before they understand what that market wants. Even though the 4 seat XX is done and ready for production.

But Honda gets it! They just announced their new Talon 4 seater and also the optional aftermarket / factory 165 hp Turbo kit.

It took them less then a year to announce the Talon and now Talon 4, and a turbo kit.

What’s Arctic Cat doing? Losing to the competition! Sadly my guess is Arctic Cat is slowly going on life support. They be sold or just dissolved before they figure it out, Heck it might be to late? They sold 4500 XX’s last year, so it’s not like Arctic Cat is a real threat to the rest of the UTV industry.

Don’t get me wrong I would love to see Arctic Cat be a big player, and I was waiting for their 4 seater, as I think the XX is the best UTV platform. (Not a huge fan of the Yamaha engine though) A Weber engine would be awesome! But I don’t think I will hold hold on to hope.

Heard that Kawasaki is shooting to release their new machine by the end of the year, or early next year.
    Last edited by Nikal; 06-03-2019 at 11:48 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    632 times
    hmm strange- i think they would sell a lot of turbos and 4 seaters-!?

so back then as arctic cat- they sold alot 4seaters - and now with textron theyre not able??? :-/
    wildcat 1000 limited 2013,5

H1 650 TRV 2009

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8929 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikal View Post
    Textron / Arctic Cat really does not know the market. Per RG Arctic Cat does not think their is a current market for a 4 seater and due to their restructuring, it might be awhile before they understand what that market wants. Even though the 4 seat XX is done and ready for production.

But Honda gets it! They just announced their new Talon 4 seater and also the optional aftermarket / factory 165 hp Turbo kit.

It took them less then a year to announce the Talon and now Talon 4, and a turbo kit.

What’s Arctic Cat doing? Losing to the competition! Sadly my guess is Arctic Cat is slowly going on life support. They be sold or just dissolved before they figure it out, Heck it might be to late? They sold 4500 XX’s last year, so it’s not like Arctic Cat is a real threat to the rest of the UTV industry.

Don’t get me wrong I would love to see Arctic Cat be a big player, and I was waiting for their 4 seater, as I think the XX is the best UTV platform. (Not a huge fan of the Yamaha engine though) A Weber engine would be awesome! But I don’t think I will hold hold on to hope.

Heard that Kawasaki is shooting to release their new machine by the end of the year, or early next year.
    Not really, the Honda Talon rumors were out there for a good couple of years. They finally came out, and now they have already gone 4 seat and turbo, all in less than 6 months basically. Good for them.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    3307 times
    That factory race Talon looks really nice with the flowing lines of the cage and what appears to be extended rear arms and wheelbase. If I ever decide to get another SxS, Honda will get a look for sure.

Name:  honda.png
Views: 137
Size:  246.2 KB
    Hollywood likes this.
    September 2017 Wildcat of the Month

Member #
    Liked
    343 times
    25K with swinging doors...I'll be in the market then...LOL.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Not really, the Honda Talon rumors were out there for a good couple of years. They finally came out, and now they have already gone 4 seat and turbo, all in less than 6 months basically. Good for them.
    Not basing time by rumors, but when Honda officially announced the Talon, it been less then a year to announce the Talon 4 and a Turbo option.

And the XX rumors were out for much longer then the Talon rumors, if time is measured by that. Heck RG was driving the XX around Glamis in the open, not hiding it, a year or so before it was officially announced and given a release date.

Fact is Honda is moving forward while Arctic Cat has stopped production and is working with dealers to sell or return last years model machines that are not selling. As long as they are “Restructuring “ there is no way you will see anything new from Arctic Cat. Bummer!

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8929 times
    Not basing time by rumors, but when Honda officially announced the Talon, it been less then a year to announce the Talon 4 and a Turbo option.

And the XX rumors were out for much longer then the Talon rumors, if time is measured by that. Heck RG was driving the XX around Glamis in the open, not hiding it, a year or so before it was officially announced and given a release date.

Fact is Honda is moving forward while Arctic Cat has stopped production and is working with dealers to sell or return last years model machines that are not selling. As long as they are “Restructuring “ there is no way you will see anything new from Arctic Cat. Bummer!
    If you think that's a bummer, BRP / Can Am just came out with their stuff today. X3 is now up to 195 hp.......

This is no market to stand pat. If you do, you'll be buried very quickly.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    343 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    If you think that's a bummer, BRP / Can Am just came out with their stuff today. X3 is now up to 195 hp.......

This is no market to stand pat. If you do, you'll be buried very quickly.
    I learned that after I bought my Rzr 800S...I was the shitz for about 6 months...then...

195 hp will waste newbs much quicker.

Member #
    Liked
    954 times
    Quote Originally Posted by missiondude View Post
    That factory race Talon looks really nice with the flowing lines of the cage and what appears to be extended rear arms and wheelbase. If I ever decide to get another SxS, Honda will get a look for sure.

Name:  honda.png
Views: 137
Size:  246.2 KB
    That is just the 4 seat Honda Talon is race trim with a turbo motor. Basically Honda is coming to race in a Class 10 car with a smaller motor. Once they get the race bugs worked out Honda is going to be a force in the Desert. 6 speed DCT trans in a desert race UTV = mash the throttle across the lake beds and no worry of a belt going boom. I predict once the turbo Honda is released there will be a lot of them in Glamis. The turbo will be 165hp at 8-9lbs of boost.

By the way Can Am just release a X3 RR model that is 195hp.

Member #
    Liked
    954 times

I don't see AC being around much longer in the UTV sport market. They dragged there feet too long. A 4 seat model would be do nothing at this point. The only thing that might save them is releasing a turbo model and even then with the lack of aftermarket support I am not sure the interest would be there.

Member #
    Liked
    3307 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sand shark View Post
    That is just the 4 seat Honda Talon is race trim with a turbo motor. Basically Honda is coming to race in a Class 10 car with a smaller motor. Once they get the race bugs worked out Honda is going to be a force in the Desert. 6 speed DCT trans in a desert race UTV = mash the throttle across the lake beds and no worry of a belt going boom. I predict once the turbo Honda is released there will be a lot of them in Glamis. The turbo will be 165hp at 8-9lbs of boost.

By the way Can Am just release a X3 RR model that is 195hp.
    Those trailing arms look longer to me and the wheel hangs out the back much farther than the stock car. Is that a purpose built frame? In other words, is anything on that car stock?
    September 2017 Wildcat of the Month

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links