Fantastic weekend until !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Fantastic weekend until !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    771 times
    That is a good find. Grn/Wht and Brn/Grn according to the wiring diagram. Seems odd that they are routed up there with the magneto wires just to run them back down to the ECU but I'm looking right at them on mine.

I put some fuel line over the alternator wires where they go through the heat shield to protect them but I didn't even notice those crank sensor wires against that other part of the heat shield. I'll be wrapping those in some heater hose to protect them tonight.

I think you found your problem and probably saved some people from having the same issue

Thanks
    IUEC Local 8
    The elevator guy!

I had a 2012....cracked engine case stock, then w/ MCX Turbo and STM Clutch broke 2 crankshafts, and blew up 2 rear diffs,

Then got a 2014 X Limited....leaked oil since new, bent crankshaft, and cracked the stator cover....

Got a RZR XPT..hauls ass, rides great, handles terrible, sucks in the whoops

Now....Speed XX #32

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    The picture does not show much but the black spot is where it touched. My eye's are not that great close up anymore but with a magnafiing glass you can see the wire. Got it repaired and hopefully my issue is fixed.

Member #
    Liked
    237 times
    Didn't know this was a known issue with the XX. Where is this at on the machine?
    2018 Wildcat XX green/black

32" ITP Cryptids
    Warn VRX 45-S winch
    HMF Titan QS Blackout exhaust
    Custom roof
    Speedwerx steering bushing
    Custom winch mount
    Speedwerx alternator delete kit
    Custom tow ring
    Suspension lifted 4"
    Venom secondary spring

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    771 times
    Quote Originally Posted by drpalo View Post
    Didn't know this was a known issue with the XX. Where is this at on the machine?
    Above the right rear tire where the wires come up from the alternator and go to the Voltage regulator
    lonniewrights likes this.
    IUEC Local 8
    The elevator guy!

I had a 2012....cracked engine case stock, then w/ MCX Turbo and STM Clutch broke 2 crankshafts, and blew up 2 rear diffs,

Then got a 2014 X Limited....leaked oil since new, bent crankshaft, and cracked the stator cover....

Got a RZR XPT..hauls ass, rides great, handles terrible, sucks in the whoops

Now....Speed XX #32

Member #
    Liked
    237 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAWLR View Post
    Above the right rear tire where the wires come up from the alternator and go to the Voltage regulator
    I'll have to look into this.

Thanks.
    2018 Wildcat XX green/black

32" ITP Cryptids
    Warn VRX 45-S winch
    HMF Titan QS Blackout exhaust
    Custom roof
    Speedwerx steering bushing
    Custom winch mount
    Speedwerx alternator delete kit
    Custom tow ring
    Suspension lifted 4"
    Venom secondary spring

Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Thanks for the heads up. I zip tied everything tight and bent the heat shield away.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Does anybody know exactly where this sensor is located. Just curious.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    So I just picked my xx up from the shop with the exact same issue. Sensor wire was chafed where it came in contact with the heat shield. Easy fix once it was found. I can't say enough good things about my dealership (GRAND Mesa Motorsports) in Delta, Colorado and Arctic Cat for stepping up and fixing this issue under warranty even though my machine is out of warranty. If I had only known about this beforehand I wouldn't of had to limp off the mountain back to the trailer. It's an easy fix and easy to identify since it's right above the passenger rear tire. S o check it before it ruins your ride.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    lonniewrights likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I hear ya man, It was my first time out on the machine and it died on me, it did start back up after trying a bunch of things but I was afraid it completly quit on me somewhere along the trial so I had my buddy meet us and loaded it up and came home. Going to go again this weekend so lets hope this fix worked.
    Colo Cat likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    488 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blownhotrodder View Post
    Thats a known issue on the xx.
    And yet the service dept, working with AC, didn't find it.

That's why I do all of my own work.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Well, the Double X did great this weekend. No problems at all. I just can not get over how well this machine handles. It soaks up bumps and dips like they are hardly there.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Just giving another update. Took the Double X out again this past weekend and she ran fantastic, no problems what so ever. I am going to have to raise my seat up some though, I'm only 5' 9" and going over the crest of a hill is a little tricky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links