Fantastic weekend until !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Fantastic weekend until !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Fantastic weekend until !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took the XX out for it's madin voyage and everything was great until about 80 miles into the day the check engine light came on, the engine bogged 2 or 3 times then died. Would not start back up and showed on the displaye " Sync Lost ". I looked through the owners manual and could fine nothing in it so started looking on line. The only thing we could find was to cycle the ignition. Tried that and it did not work. Got it down to a road and into a church parking lot and called a buddy to bring my truck and trailer to pick it up. While waiting I decided to try a few things and noticed that when you cycle the ignition you can hear something engage, if you wait about 15 seconds it will do it again. I then decided what the heck so I did this cycle 5 times, letting what ever it was engage and engage again each time. What do you know on the 6 time I tried to start it and it started right up. Went ahead and waited on my buddy to show up, loaded it on the trailer and it is now home. It starts every time but the motor sounds kind of funny, like it may have a small miss in it every now and then. Drove it up and down the driveway which is 1/4 mile long and she runs just fine. Anybody else had this problem and if so what is the fix. So far I love everything about it but I do hope I'm am not going to have problems every time I go riding.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Hope is't nothing big. perhaps just a software issue. Make sure to change out that oil filter soon also. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Member #
    Liked
    408 times
    Disconnect the battery for awhile...then try it...let the ECU reset.
    If it still is a problem- maybe a bad ECU...also check all the connections in the electronics area while you are removing the battery negative.
    May just be something loosened up.
    Check the injector connections also.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    578 times
    Is there a "synchronization" routine for the XX? On the X, you mat the throttle, turn on the ignition (don't start it) and hold for 10 seconds. Release the throttle and wait for 10 seconds, then turn off the ignition. Wait until the gauge completely dies before turning it back on. Exactly what this does I'm not sure, but when my X has a cyclical idle (high idle, then early dies, then high idle again), it always fixes it.
    2015 Wildcat 1000X Ltd, Textron rear axle upgrade, Alba slotted brake rotors (front diameter on all 4), flip-up windshield, soft rear window, PRP seats, custom seat mounts with tool storage, 6 pt harnesses, AC spare tire mount, AC step rail/sliders, push-button E-brake, self-cancelling turn signals using rear brake lights, stalk light controls, 4"x7" rearview mirrors, front/rear hitch receivers, receiver mounted winch w/ wireless remote, LED roof light, Rugged intercom & headsets

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrandt1402 View Post
    Is there a "synchronization" routine for the XX? On the X, you mat the throttle, turn on the ignition (don't start it) and hold for 10 seconds. Release the throttle and wait for 10 seconds, then turn off the ignition. Wait until the gauge completely dies before turning it back on. Exactly what this does I'm not sure, but when my X has a cyclical idle (high idle, then early dies, then high idle again), it always fixes it.
    I'm not sure if there is a standard Synchronization for the XX, one of my partners found something on line about turning the key on and off to reset a fault. Just turning it on and off did not work, after about 30 minutes I tried it again but turn the key on and could here something like a buzz and then a click, leave the key to the on position and in about 15 seconds you will here it again. I did this 6 times and it started right up and has fired every time so far. The engine does sound like it has a slight miss in it after running for a for about 30 seconds but then I'm not 100 percent sure what this motor should sound like when idling. I've always had single cylinder or V-twin motors. It's going to the dealer for a check up and see whats up.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Maiden voyage? Why trouble shoot it? Take it back to the stealership and let them figure it out. That's what the warranty is for.
    catdog likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat xx View Post
    Maiden voyage? Why trouble shoot it? Take it back to the stealership and let them figure it out. That's what the warranty is for.
    It's there as we type, took it in Wed. Hope they hurry up, I love to drive this puddle jumper.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I talked to the service dept. today and they said it's the " Crank Position Sensor " and have ordered a new one, should be in Tuesday of next week. From what I have read that was one of the things to check. Just out of curiosity where is this sensor located, I've done some looking in the service manual and the parts look up on Rocky Mt ATV and can not find it.
    Last edited by lonniewrights; 07-13-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Thanks for the update.
    Just luck of the draw. Those things never go. You got a bad one.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Mine's in for the exact same thing. Showed code P0370 and quit running. Would start and run for a while then die.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    408 times
    Sounds like a bad batch.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Picked my ride up today. This is what I was told so give your feed back please. The service manager said that they talked with Textron and was told that sometimes a belt slip or any type of slip can cause this issue. A couple of the clips that hold the belt cover on did not fit right and I told them about this so they made those repairs so the cover is good and secure now. They said a belt slip can make this code come up and where I ride there is a lot of creek crossings. The tech did ride it around the area that they have and according to the odometer he did ride it some and could not make the code show again. They said the sensor checked good but supposedly it was replaced. They did not have a service order for me to sign so I got my ride and came home. We'll see this weekend cause it's going to get run for sure. What is your opinion on this. Mine is I'm not sure it's fixed but we'll see.

Member #
    Liked
    408 times
    I have heard that belt wear and slippage is an issue on some Polaris XP 1000's...causing to throw a code and limp mode.
    Haven't heard about this on an XX yet.

Your car is new...not sure how that would come into play...except for the water crossings. We don't have much water around here .
    I would say to stay out of the water for your break in and see how it does. If you had 2 loose cover clips that could obviously let an excessive amount of water in..

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Name:  20190722_200738.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  4.17 MB
    I think I may have found my problem. If you look close in the picture you can see where one of the wires from the sensor got pinched on the heat shield. If I am correct this would cause it to ground out and give a false reading, am I correct.

Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    Thats a known issue on the xx.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links