Heat in the Cab Area - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Heat in the Cab Area

Member #
    Liked
    408 times
    I agree about the air flow...I thought about doing some sort of "wind wing" to direct air to the lower front...

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
    I agree about the air flow...I thought about doing some sort of "wind wing" to direct air to the lower front...
    Yes I think the most drastic improvement for the cost was air deflectors. I used 4”x 12” smoked plexiglass ( Lexan) a dremal tool a couple of roll bar brackets and the difference was surprisingly successful. Here is a photo of them on my rig.
    Cal
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Total Loss likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    408 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowflyer View Post
    Yes I think the most drastic improvement for the cost was air deflectors. I used 4”x 12” smoked plexiglass ( Lexan) a dremal tool a couple of roll bar brackets and the difference was surprisingly successful. Here is a photo of them on my rig.
    Cal
    I would lose that lower windscreen if I were you.
    I like the deflectors ...maybe mount them so you could use them as sun visors also.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
    I would lose that lower windscreen if I were you.
    I like the deflectors ...maybe mount them so you could use them as sun visors also.
    that is why I used smoked plexiglass and made them adjustable to regulate air flow. In the winter if I get to much wind a simple adjustment will take care of that.
    Just doing what I can to make the ride more enjoyable. Custom seats, radio and intercom, and heat deflection is making this a nicer machine.

Member #
    Liked
    983 times
    my one rig has the Cat aluminum top, half front windshield,dash sealed up around steering column and tunnel lined, still warm, but manageable..my other one has the speed sxs top, front half windshield and back window..sealed up column and no lining on tunnel..way cooler rig..will be putting the speed sxs top on that one soon..it keeps the air moving around great..
    18 XX Ltd Mystery Machine..
    18 XX green black
    14 120 zr
    12 M8 153

Member #
    Pics would be great Cal. Appreciate the information.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    Pics would be great Cal. Appreciate the information.
    Hi Brew... it appears we don’t live that far apart from one another feel free to give me a call I can get you what pictures you would like to see.( 530) seven eight one 3747 also I have some proto type air deflectors here I made from laminate they worked well so I built the plexiglass ones if you want them to try I would be more than happy to give them to you.
    I was determined to cure the heat issue and may have went a bit overboard ( it kinda went to being a obsession ) I have material as in sheets of live rubber and stuff. This machine has is great quality’s and it is worth monkeying around with it to smooth over the rough spots ( ie heat) I would be delighted to help you if I can.
    Cal

Member #
    Thanks Cal. I'm going to Marysvale, UT for a couple weeks for the Paiute Jamboree. I'll be talking to the people I bought the XX from. I'll call you when I get back.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Okay Brew, have a great time!

Member #
    Hi Lowflyer,

When you refer to 'live rubber' what exactly is the material and where did you source it?
    Besides the fasteners visible in the pict, did you use any 'tack' to hold it in place?

Member #
    I shoved some foam under dash but the biggest result was the vents on the hood. see pic. Name:  IMG_0966.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  112.5 KBName:  IMG_0967.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  110.1 KBName:  IMG_0967.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  110.1 KB

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    That looks great. I might just have to add those also. I pretty much only drive this thing in the spring, fall and some winter due to the heat these put off. Thanks for the photos.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi Havasurunner, sorry I did not see this post until just now. The live rubber sheets I am talking about are actually rubber blankets used in the power line industry. ( I spent 35 years as a lineman) if theses are left on the power line all night we had to toss them so there were these laying around and needed to be tested or thrown away so I had a few of them in my shop. So if you know a lineman just ask him if there are any available to you. This may take a few days to get them but that is what I used.
    I used automotive type push pins to hold it in place mostly so I could remove it if necessary I got them at auto zone as I recall
    I hope this answers your questions let me know if I can help any further.
    Cal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links