Heat in the Cab Area
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Heat in the Cab Area

Member #

Heat in the Cab Area

HI.....I use a full windshield and rear window. A lot of heat comes through under the dash once the fans kick on. I have blocked some areas off with Dynaliner and black silicone but it still gets through. Has anyone had this problem and found a cure for it? Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    I stuffed foam into the steering column area and lined the tunnel with adhesive backed heat shielding.
    Seems to work much better- cooler...but then I do not run a windshield...yet.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    the heat didn't bother me until i put the windshield on then it was really hot in the cab. Pulled the windshield back off and put googles on and heat is back to not being that bad.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    Line the middle console with heat reflective mat and wrap the hard coolant lines that run through under the shifter with pipe insulation and that will help a ton.

Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blownhotrodder View Post
    Line the middle console with heat reflective mat and wrap the hard coolant lines that run through under the shifter with pipe insulation and that will help a ton.
    I was going to do a thermal wrap of the coolant lines also until I looked in there and found they were underneath the driveshaft, hard to get to with clamps in between and I did not want anything to come loose and wrap around the spinning shaft.
    I

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I also packed foam in around the steering column, both above and below. It helped somewhat. Haven't done the tunnel yet.

Member #
    Thanks everyone. I'll check into these fixes.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    HI.....I use a full windshield and rear window. A lot of heat comes through under the dash once the fans kick on. I have blocked some areas off with Dynaliner and black silicone but it still gets through. Has anyone had this problem and found a cure for it? Thanks.

Ok folks... Some heat is good when weather get chilly. So I installed the AC windshield with multiple openings. Check out my previous post on this, where I actually added more steps with the amount of window openings. This, I feel is the key. You need ventilation inside the cab, but at a controlled amount. This seems to work find for us with our Wildcat trail . I did the 1" insulation on the firewall to decrease noise and temp from the engine. Cannot say that was a great success. Noise and heat from engine about the same. Wrapped the pipes in in console .... Maybe some decrease. But giving the cap air from the windshield seems to the the temp control we needed.

BTW, we do most of our riding in Arizona. Well, Arizona in the morning can be 22 deg (yes F), and 70 plus by noon. So a big need to control cab temperature...

Denny

Member #
    Thanks, Denny.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi this is my first response I am a long time member first time to post. I bought a 2019 limited edition last December. My first ride was not so nice the heat blowing on the wife and I was extreme to say the least. I called the dealer I bought it from in El Centro he assured me they would get it fixed. To make a very long story short it sat in the shop for six weeks they never even touched it. I went and picked it up from them and returned home. I call and emailed Textron I am normally a big fan of Textron due to my aircraft background. Anyway they told me twice that was a dealer issue. So I got nowhere with anyone. I have had a 2012 and a 2014 both were flawless and should have kept the last one. Anyway trying to keep this short I fixed it myself about $120.00 in material and a few hours I now have a great machine. I have some photos of the problems and the repairs if you are interested at all. If you live around Yuma I will assist you in the work if that helps. I now have the machine I wanted it is just a shame the manufacturer or dealer didn’t step up and do this right. If you inspect the baffling and construction you can plainly see they fell short of the quality that should have been from the time it left the assembly line.
    oh well the machine is doing the job now and I had a project.
    let me know if I ca assist you in anyway I think you will be happy when you get the cab cooled down.

Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Post up some photos Lowflyer...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Extreme heat in the cabbut

Quote Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
    Post up some photos Lowflyer...
    Okay total loss I am not much of a computer guy but I will give it a try. Theses are the fix for the gaping holes around the steering wheel and instrument panel also behind the radiator then the wheel well. I also removed the center console and lined it as well. I used heat shielding material called “cool it” made by thermo tec I bought it on Amazon for a touch less than $60 when it was all said and done it took two rolls of this stuff. That’s where I came up with the $120 for the fix. I will give it a try with the pictures I also have the before pics showing Textron’s failure on the stock baffling or heat shielding if you will. I hope this works!
    Cal
    P.S it says they are attached but it shows them under additional options.....as stated not a computer guy I hope it works
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Steering column is a big problem. I shoved foam in there.
    I would agree that adhering insulation to the entire cowl/dash panels would work very well...I am not going there.

Thanks for the photos.

Member #
    Thanks, I've been working on this idea with a product called Dynaliner. I have not done the wheel well or console yet. Do you think doing the wheel well is important?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Heat in the cab

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    Thanks, I've been working on this idea with a product called Dynaliner. I have not done the wheel well or console yet. Do you think doing the wheel well is important?
    Good morning. I did mine in incriminates I started at the baffling behind the radiator then to the open area around the steering wheel here I spent a bit of time shielding around the instrument panel using live rubber to cut off the hot air blowing in. Each thing I did made improvements but still got hot the longer the ride the more uncomfortable it got. So back to the shop and continued to shield I kept thinking I need to go after the source which is the fans on the radiator so at one point I went to the wheel well and clear across to block the heat. The tunnel was the last thing I have insulated. One of the fastest and easiest and most productive thing was the air defectors I built I mounted them to the roll bar in front of both seats up top it was cheap and probably the most effective getting cool air blowing on you seemed to keep the cab air flowing. I can send pictures if you would like ( I think I figured out how to do that hahaha)
    This has been a process but now it seems to be whipped. The Yuma weather is a real test and as per the last couple of rides it seems to be a workable machine. Once again I am more than willing to show you what I have done or help you with it as well.
    Cal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links