Parts Available ?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Total Loss

Thread: Parts Available ?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Parts Available ?

Is anyone having problems getting parts? I have really enjoyed my XX with 1900 trouble free miles for the most part. The issue I am having is getting parts. When the tie rod end got sloppy, they were back ordered and a pain to get. Now I have an injector/coil issue and both parts are back ordered. My dealer quit selling the off-road products and now they are not very helpful. I tried to order the parts through a reputable dealership and they can’t get the parts because they are back ordered. Did I purchase a vehicle that is 20 grand garage ornament? This terrible planning by Textron. I just needed to vent a little while I spend another weekend not riding.

Member #
    Liked
    408 times
    Try one of the big online dealers.
    Someone may also know if they cross-reference with a Yamaha part...since this is the Yamaha portion of your rig.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks. Wasn’t sure if the injectors were the same. Was planning a big trip to Moab again this year

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Just checked RockyMountain and the Yamaha injectors are back ordered. Just not a good situation

Member #
    Liked
    983 times
    I haven't had any problem getting parts, but really haven't needed any. Parts Im talking is an axle, two days to get, oil filters, air filters, basic every day stuff tho..wheel bearings only took 2 days, boots for axles again 2 days.. my dealer is also 300 miles away..talked to him a couple weeks ago and he hasn't had any problem getting parts if needed and warrenty work went pretty smooth..
    18 XX Ltd Mystery Machine..
    18 XX green black
    14 120 zr
    12 M8 153

Member #
    Liked
    408 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HebbCW3 View Post
    Just checked RockyMountain and the Yamaha injectors are back ordered. Just not a good situation
    Sounds like a Yamaha issue.
    Maybe check Weller racing...they do a LOT of Yamaha stuff.
    Dunegod likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    All the manufacturers have backordered parts. All of them. Its just the nature of the beast. I order from rmatv and wait if I need something.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Being that this issue sounds like a Yamaha backorder issue what I’m going to say does not necessarily pertain to this backorder issue. But then again maybe Yamaha is structured similar.

But I have read in Powersports Business Journal that before Textron bought Arctic Cat, that the plants operated as seasonal plants. The Snow machines were produced in the summer and ending in October. The ATV & UTV plants were the same situation.

Doing this limited parts production and caused backorders back then.

Since Textron bought Arctic Cat, they have shut down and merged some plants. Thief River where Corp is st and the main plant, Textron moved the Stampede line there to make the main factory a year around production, where assembly line production can be rotated from one model to another. This should in theory help for spare parts, as part sourcing and production would be year around.

Now as of late with the restructuring of Arctic Cat production was again halted until they can get control of the company. They had overstock of finished machines with no dealer commitments. Textron was trying to resolve dealer issues with old model buybacks and dealer restructuring. Then you add the complication with partnering with Bass Pro.

Most see the Bass Pro is a dealer killer. But understanding how this type of business works, the Bass Pro is a huge deal and could be a saver of Arctic Cat. This will force both Textron & the dealer network to fix there issues. If done right can be a huge improvement for a dealer. But that has yet to be seen or announced.

But bottom line this could be why parts are back ordered and inventory is low.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I appreciate all the information. My dealer quit selling off-road equipment when Textron switched to Arctic Cat. I did get the injectors ordered but not coils. Not available until 23 September. This might be the nature of the beast but from my side, It seems like a poor way to run a business. I have not had these problems getting parts from other brands. Not sure what the choice is at this point. Love the ride of the XX but I am getting tired of the brand. I guess I will take the boat out this weekend

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Did you try country cat? I just ordered parts from them no problem

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HebbCW3 View Post
    Is anyone having problems getting parts? I have really enjoyed my XX with 1900 trouble free miles for the most part. The issue I am having is getting parts. When the tie rod end got sloppy, they were back ordered and a pain to get. Now I have an injector/coil issue and both parts are back ordered. My dealer quit selling the off-road products and now they are not very helpful. I tried to order the parts through a reputable dealership and they can’t get the parts because they are back ordered. Did I purchase a vehicle that is 20 grand garage ornament? This terrible planning by Textron. I just needed to vent a little while I spend another weekend not riding.
    Try Country Cat
    Address: 38585 Co Rd 186, Sauk Centre, MN 56378

https://www.countrycat.com/
    They are a huge dealer and seem to have most parts.
    Many Yamaha parts are the same from the sleds to our machines
    Rocky Mountain ATV
    https://www.partzilla.com
    https://www.arcticcatpartsnation.com
    Hope you find what you need

Phone: (320) 352-3534

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    I always order from MLS powersports.
    Ride, Ride, Ride
    Life is short

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    You can pick up wix oil filter 51358XP and wix air filter 46489 at any oreilys auto!!

Sponsored Links