Wildcat Forum banner

pre ran wiring and panel

8K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  mbrandt1402 
#1 ·
Looking for suggestions before I cut and regret.

took off the panel that screws on and it is solid behind the panel, is it ok to cut out the whole panel or will it make something too weak? Cutting out the whole panel seems like the easiest way to get to the pre wired plugs behind the dash

I haven't been able to really get close to the pre wired plugs behind the dash to see how to use them, they are fairly big plugs are they set up to just hook single wires to or is there a plug i need to buy kinda like a car radio plug to wire in a stereo?

#2 ·
I used a 5-6" diameter hole saw so there's plenty of room for wiring. No issues here.

#5 · (Edited)
Remove the the top fender on passenger side pretty simple and then you get decent access to the pre wired plugs!
Just FYI you can pop the 3 female connectors out of the plastic plug 1 is 12v switched, 1 ground, 1 is 12v power to your accessory with small eye glass screwdriver and make pigtails 1 end male spade and other end female spade for your switch to just plug into the females you removed from factory plug. Use a 12v test light to know what is what then they are all the same! Then heat shrink and or wire loom to finish it! I did that to 3 of the pre wired plugs! Works excellent and now easy to work on as well for future!

#6 · (Edited)
Remove the the top fender on passenger side pretty simple and then you get decent access to the pre wired plugs!
Just FYI you can pop the 3 female connectors out of the plastic plug 1 is 12v switched, 1 ground, 1 is 12v power to your accessory with small eye glass screwdriver and make pigtails 1 end male spade and other end female spade for your switch to just plug into the females you removed from factory plug. Use a 12v test light to know what is what then they are all the same! Then heat shrink and or wire loom to finish it! I did that to 3 of the pre wired plugs! Works excellent and now easy to work on as well for future!
@Sapper12

would you be able to explain this in a little more detail or provide pictures? I just bought a couple 5 pin rocker switches and would like to have them light up accordingly and from what you’re saying this will allow them to do that,

Thank you

#7 ·
Joekai12, just plug the OEM accessory switch plug into the switch and most switches will be illuminated whenever you have the ignition on. The only time you should need to pull the wires out of the accessory switch plug would be if you have a non-standard switch.

For example, I wired my chase light with an on-off-on rocker, so I could switch if on full time or use it like the third brake light on a car. The accessory connector provided on the XX would not be compatible with that circuit.

#13 ·
Install the switch on the respective rocker switch block along with the fuses. That rocker switch, in addition to the fuses between the seats are required to send power to the 2 pole power connector.

Reactions: mbrandt1402
#14 ·
I tried installing the switches and fuses, did not work, have no voltage at fuses ACC B1 / B2 / B3. Tried swapping the relays between them as service manual suggested, still does not work. Checked all fuses for voltage they are good, except "B" circuit, no voltage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.