Stock XX dune performance? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Stock XX dune performance?

  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Prescott, AZ
    Posts
    317
    Member #
    931
    Liked
    105 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
    Moving to PV next year...how long does it take you to get to Glamis normally?
    Takes about 4 hours
    Total Loss likes this.
    2018 Wildcat XX Green/Black
    S&B Particle Separator
    Alba ECU Flash
    Alba Header
    STM clutch kit
    Rugged Radios Radio and Intercom
    Shock Therapy revalve and springs
    15"x31" FSS SXS Paddles on DWT Sector Bead Locks
    15"x32" BFG KM3 on KMC Bead Locks

    June 2017 Wildcat of the month
    SOLD 2012 Black Wildcat #642
    Custom cage by SDR Motorsports
    Custom doors by SDR Motorsports
    STU's/Razors on DWT Sector Bead Locks
    15" BFG All-Terrains on OMF Bead Locks

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Prescott, AZ
    Posts
    317
    Member #
    931
    Liked
    105 times
    Quote Originally Posted by negatronix View Post
    Sand_duner you can make it up China wall?

    Are you stock, or do you have work done?

    I absolutely don't care if I am the fastest in a SXS. I have a full desert racing Sundahl Banshee set up with 19" of front and rear travel for that.. and honestly, the days of stupid fast are long behind me.

    I'm looking for the best ride, a low center of gravity and am trying to stay 64" to avoid a redesign of my toyhauler. Horsepower is easy to add.. it just takes money. Suspension points on a chassis are much harder to upgrade.

    Thanks everyone for commenting, this would be a no brainier if they offered a turbo model.

    I'm also waiting to see the new Kawasaki.



    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Yes it will climb China Wall, since last season I put the Alba header, tune and STM clutch kit, it is even more responsive now
    izom likes this.
    2018 Wildcat XX Green/Black
    S&B Particle Separator
    Alba ECU Flash
    Alba Header
    STM clutch kit
    Rugged Radios Radio and Intercom
    Shock Therapy revalve and springs
    15"x31" FSS SXS Paddles on DWT Sector Bead Locks
    15"x32" BFG KM3 on KMC Bead Locks

    June 2017 Wildcat of the month
    SOLD 2012 Black Wildcat #642
    Custom cage by SDR Motorsports
    Custom doors by SDR Motorsports
    STU's/Razors on DWT Sector Bead Locks
    15" BFG All-Terrains on OMF Bead Locks

  3. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    8
    Member #
    31101
    Thanks again for all the replies. It has been a big help.

    I'm really leaning towards the XX, and will probably go with the following as my initial setup. Please post your thoughts/comments if this sounds like a good or bad start.

    2020 xx

    Trinity Stage V full twin exhaust with the Alba tune.. from Alba.. they claim 14hp gain, not sure I buy that though.

    Probably some form of intake mod if needed for the pipe and tune.

    Clutch.. not sure which or what to go with here.. will swapping the secondary spring be enough or do I need to do a full clutch?

    ...or

    The stage 2 eliminator kit from Speedwerx

    Set of paddles.. Scat Track or Fullerton not sure if I can run a 14" wheel on the XX, or if 15" is the smallest that fits... Will 30" 10 paddle be too much for a non turbo.. should I go 9 paddle, or drop to 29"???

    Last thing I really need to know, maybe somebody can help me out here saving me a trip to a dealer. I need to know the width of the outside back of the driver's seat to the outside back of the passenger seat...The flat portion where your butt rests when sitting would be the ideal measurement to know.. and is there room between the edge of the seat and the door.. if so how much... Reason is, I plan to put a full bench in the front, and want to know if a 56" seat will fit. I realize things will need to be moved, and that's not a big deal for me to do. Just need to know if I can get a bench in without modifying the doors, or at least the outside of the doors.

    Thanks again


    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    So Kali
    Posts
    732
    Member #
    27954
    Liked
    363 times
    Quote Originally Posted by negatronix View Post
    Thanks again for all the replies. It has been a big help.

    I'm really leaning towards the XX, and will probably go with the following as my initial setup. Please post your thoughts/comments if this sounds like a good or bad start.

    2020 xx

    Trinity Stage V full twin exhaust with the Alba tune.. from Alba.. they claim 14hp gain, not sure I buy that though.

    Probably some form of intake mod if needed for the pipe and tune.

    Clutch.. not sure which or what to go with here.. will swapping the secondary spring be enough or do I need to do a full clutch?

    ...or

    The stage 2 eliminator kit from Speedwerx

    Set of paddles.. Scat Track or Fullerton not sure if I can run a 14" wheel on the XX, or if 15" is the smallest that fits... Will 30" 10 paddle be too much for a non turbo.. should I go 9 paddle, or drop to 29"???

    Last thing I really need to know, maybe somebody can help me out here saving me a trip to a dealer. I need to know the width of the outside back of the driver's seat to the outside back of the passenger seat...The flat portion where your butt rests when sitting would be the ideal measurement to know.. and is there room between the edge of the seat and the door.. if so how much... Reason is, I plan to put a full bench in the front, and want to know if a 56" seat will fit. I realize things will need to be moved, and that's not a big deal for me to do. Just need to know if I can get a bench in without modifying the doors, or at least the outside of the doors.

    Thanks again


    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Door to door width is about 50-51"..depending on where you measure on the door.
    6" between seats

    I use 30" 14 paddle (1") Sand Drifters...they are lower budget and in hindsight, may have gone with the CST's. They look weird but seem to work really well for a lower cost set. Most 14" wheels will fit ...mine are 14 STIs. They seem to pull fine. I figured I am clutched for 30's...so stick with 30's.

  6. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dublin,CA
    Posts
    1,417
    Member #
    799
    Liked
    782 times
    There is 50" between the doors and all the electronics are between the seats. It would have to be a small bench seat and a lot of work.

    Most 14" wheels will fit with the right offset. I have 4+4 front and 5+5 rear Methods with 28" STU's from my RZR and they worked really well with the stock suspension but they are really close to the front brake lines. They don't fit very well with the Speed trailing arms so I am going to sell them. If you don't already have something to use then get 15" with 30's or 32's to let the suspension work.

    I have the Speed tune that is the same as Alba and just a secondary spring and it works pretty good. They say the best HP gain is with the header. A slip on just makes more noise so definitely get a full exhaust.
    IUEC Local 8
    The elevator guy!

    I had a 2012....cracked engine case stock, then w/ MCX Turbo and STM Clutch broke 2 crankshafts, and blew up 2 rear diffs,

    Then got a 2014 X Limited....leaked oil since new, bent crankshaft, and cracked the stator cover....

    Got a RZR XPT..hauls ass, rides great, handles terrible, sucks in the whoops

    Now....Speed XX #32

  7. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    8
    Member #
    31101
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
    Door to door width is about 50-51"..depending on where you measure on the door.
    6" between seats

    I use 30" 14 paddle (1") Sand Drifters...they are lower budget and in hindsight, may have gone with the CST's. They look weird but seem to work really well for a lower cost set. Most 14" wheels will fit ...mine are 14 STIs. They seem to pull fine. I figured I am clutched for 30's...so stick with 30's.


    Quote Originally Posted by CRAWLR View Post
    There is 50" between the doors and all the electronics are between the seats. It would have to be a small bench seat and a lot of work.
    Thanks! That's a huge help knowing the measurement inside and the wheel info to.

    I'll definitely be doing a full header not just a slip on. I really like the triple tip setup I see on the push turbo xx, but can't find pricing or info on it.. maybe I'll just call/email them.

    Does anyone know if the yxz intake spacer from alba works on the xx and gives the same benefit, also does their lighter flywheel apply to the xx, and would that be good or bad with a CVT?

    Sorry for all the questions.. just want to make sure I ask lots of them before I purchase. I really appreciate the replies

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

  8. #22
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    698
    Member #
    2366
    Liked
    314 times
    I have the Speedwerx Stage2 with the flash and have been extremely happy. If you go that route order it from MLS and save yourself a few bucks.
    2018 GRN/BLK XX
    Speesdwerx Stage 2 Exterminator
    2014 Green X
    DragonFire twin pipes
    Dobeck Gen4 AFR
    ITP SS108
    DragonFire Flying V
    Speedwerx 105 BB
    FOX RC2's

  9. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,175
    Member #
    1907
    Liked
    969 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbl View Post
    Welcome to the forums. Good duners here have already mentioned what to do. (Im one of the terrible duners...just ask around) The XX will get around just fine as I've ridden behind and led a few of them. Best suspension no arguing that IMO. Just terribly underpowered for the dunes, but if your "that guy" with a non turbo and your group is turbo then they will have to wait for you at the top of all the hills. I was passenger climbing up Olds and was dissapointed on the climb but once we got clear over and played in the dunes with momentum it did good. If you do get one, after a while you will be bored and want more power and the only real way to go is turbo and there arent very many solid companies to choose from and even less true reviews here on this site. Just wait for Kawi like I am, look at the new Polaris rzr NA with 180 hp and its 64" THought I'd never own a popo but that caught my attention. Good luck with your decision.
    The new Kawi is 112hp. Saw someone found the CARB cert.

    The Polaris Pro XP is a turbo at 182hp. Looks really nice and well thought out. Can’t wait to see one in person at the Sand Show in a few weeks.

    You know that if your a dune only person the X3 RS is tough to beat.

    See you at the Show. I will help you not spend your money. Lol!

    Looks like RG and Spoedcat will have some 4 seat Speedcats at the show and I am sure some other really nice XXs.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jbl likes this.

  10. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,175
    Member #
    1907
    Liked
    969 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
    I drove all over Glamis with my 54hp Rzr 800 S for 10 years...made it up Olds...never even attempted the walls. Still had the permagrin

    It's all relative.
    I drove all over Glamis in a 30hp Rhino. Made it up Olds 1/3 of the time at a whopping 10-14mph.

    We would go out to China Wall and see how far we could make it. 50 yards on a good day. Lol!

    A friend with a big bore Rhino could goat trail and make it to the top of China Wall.

    The fun days of really picking lines and keeping that momentum going.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    izom and Total Loss like this.

  11. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    8
    Member #
    31101
    Quote Originally Posted by sand shark View Post
    The new Kawi is 112hp. Saw someone found the CARB cert.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw that to, but the designation for the certificate uses the KRF Teryx, not the suspected new KRX.. however it is probably being done to conceal the vehicles identity until Oct. I really hope not.

    I read on one of the forums.. possibly TeryxHQ that some are suspecting a 4cyl motor in the new Kawasaki. I don't recall where I read that, but honestly it's the only reason I haven't purchased anything yet. I'm also hoping for a factory turbo from Arctic cat.. but that is starting to look like a pipedream as well.

    When is the show?

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

  12. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    So Kali
    Posts
    732
    Member #
    27954
    Liked
    363 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sand shark View Post
    I drove all over Glamis in a 30hp Rhino. Made it up Olds 1/3 of the time at a whopping 10-14mph.

    We would go out to China Wall and see how far we could make it. 50 yards on a good day. Lol!

    A friend with a big bore Rhino could goat trail and make it to the top of China Wall.



    The fun days of really picking lines and keeping that momentum going.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was trying to load a photo of me on my 1980 ATC 110 "launching" off a small dune in Glamis...circa 1981. I was wearing full gear- sunglasses.

    My Rzr 800 s was the shitz for about 6 months...LOL.
    sand shark likes this.

  13. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    98
    Member #
    30675
    Liked
    61 times
    Quote Originally Posted by negatronix View Post

    When is the show?

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Sep 13-15.
    https://www.sandsportssupershow.com/...es-and-tickets

  14. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    So Kali
    Posts
    732
    Member #
    27954
    Liked
    363 times
    Quote Originally Posted by novaman64 View Post
    Be there Sat A.M.
    I want to see the new axles- fingers crossed.

  15. #29
    Supporting Vendor
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    178
    Member #
    1132
    Liked
    111 times
    OP we saw right at about 12RWHP gain with a Trinity full system and our matching tune. Our SBD header and tune made right at 11RWHP, and the Speedwerx Stg2 package made right at 13RWHP, but with a LOT of noise. As far as the YXZ parts you asked about they will not cross over to the XX.

    Nate
    Alba Racing
    sand shark likes this.

  16. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,175
    Member #
    1907
    Liked
    969 times
    Quote Originally Posted by negatronix View Post
    I saw that to, but the designation for the certificate uses the KRF Teryx, not the suspected new KRX.. however it is probably being done to conceal the vehicles identity until Oct. I really hope not.

    I read on one of the forums.. possibly TeryxHQ that some are suspecting a 4cyl motor in the new Kawasaki. I don't recall where I read that, but honestly it's the only reason I haven't purchased anything yet. I'm also hoping for a factory turbo from Arctic cat.. but that is starting to look like a pipedream as well.

    When is the show?

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Sand Show is on the 13th-15th of this month.

    I am pretty sure that is at least one version of the new Kawi.


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:18 PM.