Stock XX dune performance? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Stock XX dune performance?

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sand_duner View Post
    Yes it will climb China Wall, since last season I put the Alba header, tune and STM clutch kit, it is even more responsive now
    sand_duner what weights you running on the clutch kit for Glamis and what paddles/wheels you run? I had 28” STU Blasters #2 on 14” Methods last season on stock clutch, Alba tune. Duned good and could make it up China. During off season got the STM clutch kit and Alba SBD header and also sold the paddles.

Trying to decide what paddles to go with, leaning towards Sandcraft, just not sure if 30’s 9 or 10 paddle or if it could pull 32’s.

Member #
    Liked
    969 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vikter View Post
    sand_duner what weights you running on the clutch kit for Glamis and what paddles/wheels you run? I had 28” STU Blasters #2 on 14” Methods last season on stock clutch, Alba tune. Duned good and could make it up China. During off season got the STM clutch kit and Alba SBD header and also sold the paddles.

Trying to decide what paddles to go with, leaning towards Sandcraft, just not sure if 30’s 9 or 10 paddle or if it could pull 32’s.
    The sandcraft 31" with 9 paddle is what I would go with. If they made an 8 paddle I would consider that. You don't want to over paddle and 10 paddle will probably be too much paddle. I run a 10 paddle on my X3 in a 32" and I have a lot more ponies than the Wildcat XX.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    Yup, 31 SandCraft Destroyers would be a good tire, they only measure 28 or 29
    Sak kitty likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I run my stock 18 XX at little Sahara, Ok. Been to glamis in the past Oklahoma is no glamis but it has its share of big dunes. As far tires go I run GMZ Sand Stripper 31- 10 paddles. Tire is actually 30 inches. I have the stripper TT's mounted up front. Has been a great set up. I'm totally stock clutching tune exhaust. Most of my buddies are driving turbo cars. Yes they have more low end hit than I have but the XX handles so well I can run top end with ease. Basically I just have to use the gas pedal all the time. The GMZ tires get moving on top pretty quick. I would like to get off the throttle a bit. Recently drove a sibler turbo XX with a supercharger. It was arm ripping at 7 lbs boost. That car had 28s, stock exhaust, mostly stock clutching and tune. Very simple kit. Just having a hard time dropping the money. So now debating on evolution powersports set up, speed sxs, or alba. I know evolution and STM quality I run their parts on my older cat and it runs fantastic. Very happy with the car now but always room for improvement. I am happy with tire and wheel set up just cant decide on where to go to grab bottom end improvement.
    izom and negatronix like this.

Member #
    Tons of great input for me to digest. Thanks to all of you guys for chiming in.

Soooo... What's the work around for the full headers not being legal to purchase in CA, and tunes like the one from Speed only being legal on closed circuit courses?

If I decide to go XX, which I probably will. I want to add performance parts along the way, and not have to worry about it, or if I can secure the parts.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    782 times
    Quote Originally Posted by negatronix View Post

Soooo... What's the work around for the full headers not being legal to purchase in CA, and tunes like the one from Speed only being legal on closed circuit courses?

Work around?
    *I have a race car....I just haven't raced it yet.*
    *What parts? I don't know what you're talking about.*

If you are in CA and don't know how to dodge the insanity, you soon will.
    There are no tests. There are no inspections. There are stupid rules to keep the stupid people in line.
    There is always a *loophole* and nobody really cares other than the jackasses in Sacramento.
    Of course I would never buck the system *wink*

The only thing anyone would ever notice is if you made it crazy loud. That's why I would focus on the header and stay away from the loud slip-ons.
    IUEC Local 8
    The elevator guy!

I had a 2012....cracked engine case stock, then w/ MCX Turbo and STM Clutch broke 2 crankshafts, and blew up 2 rear diffs,

Then got a 2014 X Limited....leaked oil since new, bent crankshaft, and cracked the stator cover....

Got a RZR XPT..hauls ass, rides great, handles terrible, sucks in the whoops

Now....Speed XX #32

Member #
    Liked
    363 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAWLR View Post
    Work around?

If you are in CA and don't know how to dodge the insanity, you soon will.
    There are no tests. There are no inspections. There are stupid rules to keep the stupid people in line.
    Me thinks the "nice" LEO's in Glamis in particular will start ticketing for modified exhaust- much like the stories in Oregon. Kali needs revenue don't ya know...need to pay for all those ruling class cronies and inflated pensions.
    I FULLY agree though- keep the stock muffler.

I did have to go with Speedwerx flash because Nate could not get me one done without an out of state address to mail it to...even would not do it over the counter cash.

Member #
    Liked
    969 times
    Quote Originally Posted by negatronix View Post
    Tons of great input for me to digest. Thanks to all of you guys for chiming in.

If I decide to go XX, which I probably will. I want to add performance parts along the way, and not have to worry about it, or if I can secure the parts.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    On line shopping is your friend and so are vendors outside the state.

Member #
    Liked
    969 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
    Me thinks the "nice" LEO's in Glamis in particular will start ticketing for modified exhaust- much like the stories in Oregon. Kali needs revenue don't ya know...need to pay for all those ruling class cronies and inflated pensions.
    I FULLY agree though- keep the stock muffler.

I did have to go with Speedwerx flash because Nate could not get me one done without an out of state address to mail it to...even would not do it over the counter cash.
    Except Glamis is BLM federal land and California does not see a dime from the tickets.
    Jbl likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Feds most likely wouldnt hassle you, it would be state park, aka dont put on some loud aftermarket exhaust and go ride a state owned OHV use area (Hollister, Carnegie, Prairie City, etc).

Member #
    Liked
    363 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sand shark View Post
    Except Glamis is BLM federal land and California does not see a dime from the tickets.
    Maybe for the "Wall" then...
    Isn't the county Sheriff there also?

Member #
    Liked
    969 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
    Maybe for the "Wall" then...
    Isn't the county Sheriff there also?
    You see the county sheriff on the highway and in the Vendor area. They may still go to Olds at night, have not really paid attention. The sheriff I believe helps out with accident investigations and maybe they help when they do those check points.

Member #
    Liked
    363 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sand shark View Post
    You see the county sheriff on the highway and in the Vendor area. They may still go to Olds at night, have not really paid attention. The sheriff I believe helps out with accident investigations and maybe they help when they do those check points.
    I don't usually pay attention to what department they are with...I just go the other way.

Member #
    Liked
    105 times
    Name:  Photo Nov 13, 10 02 18 PM.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  4.71 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by vikter View Post

My FSS paddles are 15x31 stagger cut I am running 4 washers on the tips and 1 on each of the rest
    Last edited by sand_duner; 09-10-2019 at 02:55 PM.
    2018 Wildcat XX Green/Black
    S&B Particle Separator
    Alba ECU Flash
    Alba Header
    STM clutch kit
    Rugged Radios Radio and Intercom
    Shock Therapy revalve and springs
    15"x31" FSS SXS Paddles on DWT Sector Bead Locks
    15"x32" BFG KM3 on KMC Bead Locks

June 2017 Wildcat of the month
    SOLD 2012 Black Wildcat #642
    Custom cage by SDR Motorsports
    Custom doors by SDR Motorsports
    STU's/Razors on DWT Sector Bead Locks
    15" BFG All-Terrains on OMF Bead Locks

Member #
    Liked
    323 times
    I have the Speedwerx stage 2 using the flash and the Q6 muffler. I had the L2 on my WC trail and it was LOUD! The Q6 is much more acceptable. I run the CST paddle set up in 32". I rode out there without any mods the first time (I did have sand tires). In my opinion, the work that Shock Therapy did on my shocks was the best money I spent on the XX to ride in the dunes. With my skills, or lack of, I'd rather have my suspension outperform my motor.
    Hollywood likes this.
    2018 Wildcat XX "Wall-E"-Speedwerx Exterminator 2 -Shock Therapy RIS/springs -PRP GT/SE seats -PCI radio/intercom -PRP harnesses -AC roof-Ryco street legal kit -Ram mounts
    2017 RZR 1000S "Minnie RZR" -RT Pro springs -RT Pro front end gusset kit -Dirt Engineered doors -Heretic headlights -PRP Comp seats -Dragonfire harnesses -Dragonfire detach steering wheel -Rugged Radio 60w with intercom -Desert Craft intake filter kit -Kimpex storage box -Ryco street legal kit -Ram mounts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links