New Speed Unlimited XX UTV
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: New Speed Unlimited XX UTV

Member #
    Liked
    34 times

New Speed Unlimited XX UTV

Sounds like a whole new XX built by Robby and his new UTV manufacture called Speed Unlimited is going to drop tomorrow.

Here’s the rumors I’ve read or heard;

Speed Unlimited has their own manufacturing facility. ( I’m pretty sure they are going to have some affiliation with a bigger manufacture as far as production)

An all new 2 & 4 seat models. New motor (Not Yamaha) new bigger trans, dif & clutch, all proprietary to Speed Unlimited. (My guess & hope is the motor is going to be the 2 cylinder Weber/Textron. Would guess Team is building the drivetrain.) but we will see?

2 seat WB is 105, 4 seat 116 WB. All models will be 72 inch, 22 inch travel, with 32 inch tires standard, big engine models gets 35 inch tires.

The engines will be a 1000cc Turbo or a 1400cc, 300 hp turbo. (Hearing the 1400 cc will have to be built in limited qtys (500 units) to skirt the UTV laws & regulations. Might also have to do with CARB?)

Oh I’m hearing a 20 gal fuel tank too!

Pricing is said to be in the $28K to $32K

So be on the look out tomorrow as this is suppose to drop at the Super Sand Sport Show tomorrow , and then on the SpeedSXS & SpeedUTV.com website.

A quote from Robby is, “We are building the UTV’s that no one else is willing to build but people want.”

We don’t expect to build and sell 80,000 cars, but if we do, great! But we will change the sport forever.

Member #
    Liked
    658 times

Cool

...dont know where u got those prices!?-

https://speedsxs.com/collections/speed-customs-for-sale

but anyway- hes buildin great stuff- and- people buyin it-

its just sad textron dont move....
    wildcat 1000 limited 2013,5

H1 650 TRV 2009

Member #
    Liked
    952 times
    Speed could be the Shelby Cobra of the UTV world
    MCR500 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by izom View Post
    ...dont know where u got those prices!?-

https://speedsxs.com/collections/speed-customs-for-sale

but anyway- hes buildin great stuff- and- people buyin it-

its just sad textron dont move....
    Those prices are for a built up Textron XX’s. Speed Unlimited is his own brand that he will be manufacturing.

We will see today when the announcement is made at the Sand Show.

Member #
    Liked
    271 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikal View Post
    Those prices are for a built up Textron XX’s. Speed Unlimited is his own brand that he will be manufacturing.

We will see today when the announcement is made at the Sand Show.
    Jeffe, CRAWLR, and I will be there today.

I’ll let you all know what color I picked when I put my deposit down!

C-ya!
    Hollywood and izom like this.
    Had: 2012 Wildcat

Put out to pasture!!!!!
    Problems? Name it!!!!

Then had: 2016 Wildcat X

UTV Inc Radius Cage and Mirrors
    Pro Armor Harnesses and Doors
    50 Caliber Beadlocks with STUS out back
    STI's with V-Rolls up front
    40" Vision X Lightbar, 2 "MCR Special" Blue Whips, Undercar Blue LED's

Now have: 2019 Can Am XRC Turbo R

Went to the Darkside!

Member #
    Liked
    376 times
    I'll be there tomorrow.
    Camera ready.

Looks like a new blog site will need to be set up.
    izom likes this.

Jbl
    Member #
    Liked
    632 times
    Well I already have first hand knowledge of what they have from friends that are there but I aint saying nothing. I'll let them tell it and post up when they can.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbl View Post
    Well I already have first hand knowledge of what they have from friends that are there but I aint saying nothing. I'll let them tell it and post up when they can.
    Dont know why you won’t say? There’s no secretes to hide. Robby & crew did the unveiling at 7:30 tonight. They were going to live stream the announcement, but something must have happened as the live stream did not go up.

So if you truly know something you can share. If not no big deal, as more people will be there tomorrow. I’ll be there all day until it closes.

Lots of specs on the 4 seat are listed on SpeedSXS.
    izom likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Very impressed by Rob's showing. Textron really missed out on blowing the competition away by not having this machine done in house.

Especially sure the weak showing (imo) of the new Polaris pro.
    16' Wildcat Sport Limited, Metallic Black/Cat Racing Green
    Our AC family: 03' 400 Cat Green, 04' 650v2 Cat Green, 04' 500 Cat Green, 12' 700 EFI SE Black/Gray, 14' 1000xt Black/Cat Green, 16' Wildcat Trail XT

Member #
    Liked
    376 times
    Here is what I have on the motor...(spent some time looking at it and taking photos- will upload later)
    Talked to 2 Speed guys (and some dude from Push Turbo was there also.
    Old Suzuki parallel twin...currently used in the Artic cat sleds?
    They are going to cut the motor in 2 halves...add cooling channels and sleeve it to the size they want it...obviously new crank and probably stroke to get it to 1000 cc.
    So they are using a tried and true motor taht can produce up to 300 hp but are oging to "modify" it for SxS use with sleeves and added cooling.
    Makes sense to me since I figured RG COULD NOT engineer his own motor. That comes with ridiculous cost and time. This way- the engineering of the top and bottom end stay similar. Now this sounds a little crazy also to me but that is what I was told.
    I thought for sure it was going to be a Weber motor upgraded. Does not seem to be the case.
    Turbo is in the front...intake in the rear...(which I don't like- hot to the firewall)
    They had an STM clutch on it but that will also change...this is just a running prototype for the show.
    28 K for the 2 seater...32K for the 4 seat...72 or 77 wide- your choice.

I was told 225 hp for the 1000 cc.

4 seat car size and shape looks perfect...doors need more engineering- again thrown together for the show.

That's what I got...taking off now for a few days.

Name:  20190914_101037.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  1.10 MBName:  20190914_101034.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  1.29 MBName:  20190914_101727.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  1.18 MB
    Last edited by Total Loss; 09-19-2019 at 07:10 AM.
    sand shark and izom like this.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    I learned allot and will tell more tomorrow as it’s been a long day. Unfortunately not allot of positives about Textron & Arctic Cat.

But the new Speed UTV is interesting, still very murky in all the details, but I got a bunch.

Regarding the engine, it’s based off the Z1 engine Suzuki used to build for Arctic Cat. Like mentioned it will be massaged to fit Robby’s UTV specs. The engine will be 1000 CC. Sounds like the 1400cc is not going to happen or does not need to happen. The engine will produce 225 HP. For the purchase price of $1you can buy a Hellcat key. Using this key unlocks a second Program in the computer to create 300 hp. Todd Ramono said to the crowd, No one needs 300 hp, it’s not for the average rider, but Robby wants to assure no one will have more HP then the Speed UTV Cars.

More tomorrow
    Jbl and izom like this.

Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikal View Post
    I learned allot and will tell more tomorrow as it’s been a long day. Unfortunately not allot of positives about Textron & Arctic Cat.

But the new Speed UTV is interesting, still very murky in all the details, but I got a bunch.

Regarding the engine, it’s based off the Z1 engine Suzuki used to build for Arctic Cat. Like mentioned it will be massaged to fit Robby’s UTV specs. The engine will be 1000 CC. Sounds like the 1400cc is not going to happen or does not need to happen. The engine will produce 225 HP. For the purchase price of $1you can buy a Hellcat key. Using this key unlocks a second Program in the computer to create 300 hp. Todd Ramono said to the crowd, No one needs 300 hp, it’s not for the average rider, but Robby wants to assure no one will have more HP then the Speed UTV Cars.

More tomorrow

Didn't Todd's quote say they are offering the 1400cc big bore kit?
    16' Wildcat Sport Limited, Metallic Black/Cat Racing Green
    Our AC family: 03' 400 Cat Green, 04' 650v2 Cat Green, 04' 500 Cat Green, 12' 700 EFI SE Black/Gray, 14' 1000xt Black/Cat Green, 16' Wildcat Trail XT

Jbl
    Member #
    Liked
    632 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikal;1443757[B
    ]Dont know why you won’t say?[/B] There’s no secretes to hide. Robby & crew did the unveiling at 7:30 tonight. They were going to live stream the announcement, but something must have happened as the live stream did not go up.

So if you truly know something you can share. If not no big deal, as more people will be there tomorrow. I’ll be there all day until it closes.

Lots of specs on the 4 seat are listed on SpeedSXS.
    Lol, cant share cause I wasnt and cant go lol. My info was from my friends already there Friday and wanted them to post what they learned.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    So the disappointing news first. Back in December Textron Arctic Cat told Robby they have Zero plans to build a Turbo, or a 4 seater, or any other additions of the XX. They don’t feel there is a market for it, and Textron does not seem to understand the industry or customer base that buys UTV’s. So don’t be expecting changes or improvements with the Arctic Cat XX in the future.

Textron will continue to build the XX, but it sounds like the volume will be small. Textron is still building for Bass Pro and that will probably the bigger focus as to where to buy the private label Arctic Cat UTV’s.

Don’t know all the details but part of Robby’s lawsuit against Textron was due to royalty’s & the Bass Pro contract.

But from what I told is Textron has signed off and told Robby, he is free from contract and can build his own turbo’s, 2 & 4 seat cars if he chooses. When Robby was with Polaris he had a 5 year, non compete agreement. That’s why it took as long as it did for him to get back into UTV development.

So now the good news is Robby is free to build what’ve wants, and because of his patents on the XX and total car design, he can take the majority of the XX and build it they way he visions it. Parts & pieces of his original design that did not make it into the production XX. Some was due to cost, some due to manufacturing challenges. Robby is now able to try to build those features and some others into the new car.

From what I gather the look is going to be close to the XX, but would expect some minor changes to define the Speed car vs the Arctic Cat. Todd Ramono was saying he expects to widen the hood & grill to give better coverage and proportion to the 77 inch stance. Plus a bigger grill opening will help cool the 225 hp engine or the tuned 300 hp engine.

They are taking orders on the 2021 model, which will be released in Oct of 2020. This first model year is going to be limited to 250 units. As of last night 76 units had deposits on them. Then in 2021 they will build 4000 units. If they see these selling better then projected that # could increase.

If you talk with Robby he wants to dominate the UTV sport market. Then talk with Todd, he’s more conservative with knowing it’s probably not realistic to dethrone guys like Polaris or BRP (Can Am) but if Speed could sell 10,000 units a year they would be rockin! As Todd said their product is focused for the West Coast desert/dune market. Due to the HP & width it’s not going to be as desirable back East. Sure guys on the East Coast will want it, and buy it. But realistically most will probably be sold on the West Coast.

Robby really wants 77 inch to be standard an or the only option, but Todd knows it’s important to have a 72 as 77 is going to be to wide for some.

It sounds like there is a lot of this new Speed UTV that has not been figured out yet. Some things posted on their website, Instagram and what was said about the UTV are contradicting, and even Todd said things are still up in the air and changing by the day. But considering Speed UTV is only been in the works for a few months, it’s impressive that Todd & Robby were able to make the announcement at the Sand Show, and have two rough prototypes of 4 seaters on display.

Much of this machine will be built overseas, with the possibility of assembly in the USA. I know who they are contracting with, but will not share that info out of respect for what Robby & Todd are doing. I can say it’s a legit manufacture with the ability to manufacture all components of the Speed UTV.

Side Note; It sounds like SpeedSXS will still be building custom Arctic Cat & Bass Pro XX’s. Saw a white board at the show showing they had sold or taken deposits for XX 40 cars.
    izom likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    A few pictures I got of the motor, wonder if they can sell a plug and play crate version down the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links