Front output flange?
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times

Front output flange?

Anyone broke this yet?

Trying to climb out a creek bank on Fri.. As it turns out, the front driveline doesn't like when the front end comes back down w diff lock engaged, on full rabbit. Is this the output flange (#7)? Nothing turns up in the searches but I know I read somewhere a while back about it being an intentional weak link? I thought I remembered somebody welding one back or at least considering it? Is there a better aftermarket option?

I finished out the day another 3 hrs with 2wd only. 4wd is overrated anyway.. haha
    Name:  20190929_222650.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  404.4 KBName:  20190929_223103.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  696.6 KBName:  Screenshot_20190929-230106.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  151.6 KB
    2018 Verde Lima Dos Equis

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    You can weld it but its designed to be the fail point instead of the diff. Alot cheaper to replace the flange.
    2018 Wildcat XX
    Alba tune, Alba header, Speed steering rack gusset kit, Speed secondary bolt lock, Shock Therapy revalve and springs, MBRP sport muffler, SSI helix and secondary spring., Sandcraft limit straps. SSV stage 2 stereo, Arctic Cat roof, PRP harnesses, Dragonfire steering wheel, rear diff bump pad, alternator delete.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Awesome, Thanks!

Any tricks or secrets to changing it? Should I order 2? Haha

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    I think some are loosening the diff and moving it forward alittle for clearance. Ive never broke one so im not sure. Sometimes parts are hard to get so if you can a spare wouldn't be a bad idea. Or you can weld that one to get by in a pinch. Just remember itll transfer the load to the diff.
    2018 Wildcat XX
    Alba tune, Alba header, Speed steering rack gusset kit, Speed secondary bolt lock, Shock Therapy revalve and springs, MBRP sport muffler, SSI helix and secondary spring., Sandcraft limit straps. SSV stage 2 stereo, Arctic Cat roof, PRP harnesses, Dragonfire steering wheel, rear diff bump pad, alternator delete.

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    yes part #7, I plan to carry a spare in the camp box.

Unbolt diff pull forward (towards steering rack), unbolt carrier bearing under center console, fight and wiggle it all out

Member #
    stupidest design ever. They break very easy. Had to weld one alreay on a Speed 77 version.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    I've got one on order supposed to ship today. I'm gonna strategically weld this one and carry it for a spare.. and hope it doesn't become a thing. Didn't seem to take a lot to break but I guess better than the diff.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Just in case anyone is wondering how thin and weak this flange actually is...
    Name:  20191011_193216.jpeg
Views: 3
Size:  814.0 KB

Took me a couple hours to get the old one out. The worst part is getting the 4 bolts out of the flange itself. I will do that first, next time.

Sponsored Links