XX or XTR the big descicion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: XX or XTR the big descicion

Member #
    Liked
    19 times

XX or XTR the big descicion

As soon I sell my 13.5 X Iím pulling the trigger on one or the other. I know they are the same just different name, color and graphics. Iím leaning toward the Tracker even though Iím not crazy bout the red accents, but Iím more partial to the black base color. Even though it really doesnít matter to me, because I buy what I like, Iím curious what the forum thinks will hold its resale value better. At this point Iíve spoke to the salesman at Bass Pro and received their OTD # and so far itís the best Iíve found, pretty simple, itís the advertised price + T&L no BS set up charge, dealer add charge, letís see how much we can bend you over charge etc.etc. I had a dealer her in So.Cal advertising a 19 XX for $16,888 and their OTD price was $1,200 more than the 20 XTR, what a con job! Another AC dealer in the area has told me theyíre getting 20 XXís in next week on a special buy that their pricing to move....weíll see what that means?

Member #
    Liked
    663 times
    ...the name tracker still sounds so strange to me....

cant help you with your decision- but must say that blck red looks awesome...:

good luck anyways.;-)
    wildcat 1000 limited 2013,5

H1 650 TRV 2009

BTP
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    The tracker looks nice in that pic. I still like the 18 black and green the best.
    DeanTeck likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BTP View Post
    The tracker looks nice in that pic. I still like the 18 black and green the best.
    errrrr...charcoal and green!...haaaaaa...and i agree with you...but then again i'm rather biased...
    October 2018 WOTM Arctic Cat Wildcat XX (Satin Charcoal Metallic w/Green Decals)
    Arctic Cat: Black Aluminum Roof; 36" LED Light Bar; Rearview Mirror; Full Windshield; Rear Window; Spare Tire Carrier; Kick Panel Bags; Black Front/Rear Steel Bumpers; 6" LED Light Bar; Rock Sliders; Spare Tire Rim w/OEM CST Behemoth; Trailerable Cover; Green Rock Light Kit--PRP: "RS" Suspension Seats; 4.2 Harnesses--D&P Performance: 2" Seat Mounts/Risers--Ryco Moto: Street Legal Kit--Seizmik: Strike Side View Mirrors--​Rugged Radio: XX Mobile Radio Mount; RM-25R Dual Band Mobile Radio; RRP660 2 Place Intercom System w/Helmet Kits & H22-Ultimate Headsets--Trail Armor: Skids; A-arm & Trailing Arm Guards--Speedwerx: Heavy Duty Steering Box Bushing; H5 Alloy Secondary Clutch Spring 180/240; Team Boss Driven Clutch Delrin Washers--775Fabrication: Reluctor Shield--Ryfab: Cargo Box--
    KFI: Rear 2" Receiver Hitch--Spring Brake Thingy--

Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    If the AC dealers can't match the OTD price of the Tracker then I'd buy the Tracker and remove the graphics, all black would look sharp. I wouldn't worry about resale you'll loose your a$$ on either one.
    2014 X Limited blk
    Harness Bar
    4 point TSI Harnesses
    30" Light Bar
    V Bar
    Headache Bars
    30x10 14 Mongrels
    Dalton Clutch Kit
    Pace 12mm wheel studs
    UTV Grab Bar
    AJ's bushings
    Trinity Dual Exhaust
    Trinity fuel controller

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9005 times
    It's the same car. Get your best price on both, and choose the cheaper one.
    DeanTeck likes this.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Here is the one thing that I would consider most important the Oregon dealer that I bought my 18 XX from was contacted by the bass pro shop boat and utv sales in Washington and ask him if he would do their warranty and service work for them. He told them a resounding no. My point being make sure that who you are buying from has the ability to do warranty repairs and after warranty repairs and parts sales. Service after the fact is of huge value
    DeanTeck and mtgott like this.

Member #
    Liked
    105 times
    I wouldnt let the brand be a deciding factor. Looks, price, etc would be what id worry about. Resale will be a wash between the brands imo.
    DeanTeck likes this.
    2018 Wildcat XX
    Alba tune, Alba header, Speed steering rack gusset kit, Speed secondary bolt lock, Shock Therapy revalve and springs, MBRP sport muffler, SSI helix and secondary spring., Sandcraft limit straps on rear. SSV stage 2 stereo, Arctic Cat roof, PRP harnesses, Dragonfire steering wheel, rear diff bump pad, alternator delete.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Price all the way. The more you save, the more add on's you can do.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4136 times
    price and convenient/competent dealer service...without the latter my money won't be spent just for the lowest price...
    mtgott likes this.
    October 2018 WOTM Arctic Cat Wildcat XX (Satin Charcoal Metallic w/Green Decals)
    Arctic Cat: Black Aluminum Roof; 36" LED Light Bar; Rearview Mirror; Full Windshield; Rear Window; Spare Tire Carrier; Kick Panel Bags; Black Front/Rear Steel Bumpers; 6" LED Light Bar; Rock Sliders; Spare Tire Rim w/OEM CST Behemoth; Trailerable Cover; Green Rock Light Kit--PRP: "RS" Suspension Seats; 4.2 Harnesses--D&P Performance: 2" Seat Mounts/Risers--Ryco Moto: Street Legal Kit--Seizmik: Strike Side View Mirrors--​Rugged Radio: XX Mobile Radio Mount; RM-25R Dual Band Mobile Radio; RRP660 2 Place Intercom System w/Helmet Kits & H22-Ultimate Headsets--Trail Armor: Skids; A-arm & Trailing Arm Guards--Speedwerx: Heavy Duty Steering Box Bushing; H5 Alloy Secondary Clutch Spring 180/240; Team Boss Driven Clutch Delrin Washers--775Fabrication: Reluctor Shield--Ryfab: Cargo Box--
    KFI: Rear 2" Receiver Hitch--Spring Brake Thingy--

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    The Tracker version was suppose to come with a better warranty, and from what Bass Pro Shop claims is that any Bass Pro with a service center can fulfill the warranty. I’d ask about the warranty terms, extended warranty options and which Bass Pro around you can service it.

But find out because my understanding is the Tracker XX is considered a private label and Arctic Cat has nothing to do with fulfilling warranty’s, only manufactures recalls.

Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    Food for thought...Bass Pro can work on a $40k Merc outboard but not a 1000cc Yami motor!?!? How many times have you heard or seen a so called certified factory tech at AC or Popo or BRP not have a clue?? Just sayin...
    Hollywood likes this.
    2014 X Limited
    April 2016 WOTM

Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    we've owned arctic cats since 2003 and never brought them in for dealer work because i have no faith in the dealers by us.

luckily we haven't had any major issues either, but AC makes machines that are much more easy to work on than other makes.

so for me price would be the deciding factor.
    16' Wildcat Sport Limited, Metallic Black/Cat Racing Green
    Our AC family: 03' 400 Cat Green, 04' 650v2 Cat Green, 04' 500 Cat Green, 12' 700 EFI SE Black/Gray, 14' 1000xt Black/Cat Green, 16' Wildcat Trail XT

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Well, I found a buyer and the 13.5 X has a new lover, uh I mean owner. So now it’s time to move forward with the new purchase. I could blow this thread up and ask if I’m making the right descision going XX or XTR vs one of those other brands but that’s played out and I believe the XX or XTR are superior machines, so not going there.
    However the prices I’m getting from the Arctic Cat dealers are not even close, not even close on 19 models. I don’t get it, I use to be in the RV business and sometimes we would make home runs and sometimes hardly anything. These dealers are DUMB in my opinion!
    It’s not like these things are back ordered and there’s a line around the block to get one.

As as far as the service issues noted above, the BP shop has a service department available to service these machines and I just don’t see that being an issue.

So it’s looking like the XTR at this point. I might try and visit one of these Indy dealers in person to put a deal together, but unless I can save $500 or more I’ll go XTR. I know they have the margin cause I saw 18’s at a dealer in PA for $15,999 plus no dealers BS fees. I would buy one of those but with shipping cost it’s not enough savings to go with an 18.

Anyone know a dealer here in So Cal who would make a wise descision to sell one at a competitive price?

Member #
    Liked
    382 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CoronaWildcat View Post

Anyone know a dealer here in So Cal who would make a wise descision to sell one at a competitive price?
    I had to go to Carson City to get mine.
    Drove 900 miles in one day from So Kali and saved 3k.
    Try Bass Pro Shops off the 15.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links