Belt explosion nightmares! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Belt explosion nightmares!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Anyway, returning to the problem in question, anyone knows how the clutch calibration bar works? Or is the business card trick good enough to check if the alignment is incorrect?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

BTP
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Please explain your setup. Primary spring, primary weights, secondary spring and helix. If your setup is off it will create mega heat and no belt will last. Is there belt chalking on the clutch faces and if so where at. Alignment is important but so are all the parts in the system. Are you getting proper air to them to help cool the secondary? Lots to look at.
    izom likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I have a Sport 700 with push Turbo 10 PSI , i have over 2000 miles on this setup . clutching is more PIA than putting system on . Too much clutch spring creates heat , running 100/155 primary and 66 gram primary weight. 2016 sport secondary clutch with improved helix, 160/205 secondary spring. engagement is around 2200. i drive on street to Silver Lake Sand Dunes 90% of the time , i do some woods driving 2 x A year. I have A 3' bilge blower and holes in cover with frog SKINZ . one85* day i went out with stock cover ,no blower, belt temp went over 180*. I got my AZZ home carefully and took that cover back off. If you run mud ??? but for sand and street vents in cover are the answer In my opinion . Hope this helps you a bit. I have run stiffer primary for playing in sand , RUNS HOTTER WITH MORE SPRING Preasure

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I picked up a new Push stage 1 recently from a 3rd party, at a discount. I was talking to Ken about it before the purchase. The plan was to upgrade it to stage 2. However, after I picked it up, I was never able to reach Ken again, going on two weeks now. I tried calling, emailing and texting- no luck. He said he was putting pricing together for a stand alone ecu flash that didn't need the power commander gear. The idea was to buy his flash, sensors and engine kit. But I just can't reach him.

I'm having my local shop finish the install- I dropped the turbo in and took it up to them. We are just doing the stage one until this is all sorted out. I've been talking to Larue about creating a hybrid, using his electronics and other gear. He said he has maps for the push turbo.

I mention all this because there may be some concern with Push at the moment. I'll be ok either way. I just wonder what happened?

In any event, I'll be happy to provide feedback on the clutch when I get to that point. But I believe Larue may be the one to reach out to.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    519 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    I picked up a new Push stage 1 recently from a 3rd party, at a discount. I was talking to Ken about it before the purchase. The plan was to upgrade it to stage 2. However, after I picked it up, I was never able to reach Ken again, going on two weeks now. I tried calling, emailing and texting- no luck. He said he was putting pricing together for a stand alone ecu flash that didn't need the power commander gear. The idea was to buy his flash, sensors and engine kit. But I just can't reach him.

I'm having my local shop finish the install- I dropped the turbo in and took it up to them. We are just doing the stage one until this is all sorted out. I've been talking to Larue about creating a hybrid, using his electronics and other gear. He said he has maps for the push turbo.

I mention all this because there may be some concern with Push at the moment. I'll be ok either way. I just wonder what happened?

In any event, I'll be happy to provide feedback on the clutch when I get to that point. But I believe Larue may be the one to reach out to.
    I saw someone else report this recent "disappearance".. when they finally got a hold of him after he got back he told them they shouldn't be upset because he wasn't answering ANYONE in the time he was gone. uhh what?
    2016 Wildcat X
    SidexSideAudio System
    Dragonfire Harness Bar
    PRP Harnesses
    AC Rock Sliders
    AC Soft Top
    Bad Dawg Box
    Highlifter Radius Rods
    D & P Performance Tie Rods
    AJ's Tub Guards
    30X10X14 Carnivores
    12MM Studs
    EMP Side Mirrors
    Much much more to come..

Started emptying my wallet with a 2014 Trail.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I tried reaching Ken again today by phone. It went to voicemail and the shop line always answers as 'this user's mailbox isn't set up'. Again, this is all strange to me. I did confirm that Push is releasing an ECU flash using the Precision EFI tool, after talking to the folks at Precision. However, I can`t reach Push to purchase a flash or anything else. My shop is telling me they have no interest working with Push if they can't be reached? I think it is time to move to plan B. It is now closing in on a month of where is Waldo. He fell off the grid, on my account, on aprox. the 24th of September. I had talked to him on the 23rd and followed up on the 24th, when the no response started. I wish Push well- I hope nothing bad happened. But there are too many question to follow this track, at this point.

Member #
    Liked
    391 times
    I saw a "Push" turbo rep at the SSSS in the Gordon display talking about the new car/motor. Not sure who it was...maybe RG grabbed him for his stuff and he is too busy for the unwashed masses...LOL.

Supporting Vendor
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    We have learned that it is not just getting more cool fresh air into the housing. It is also making it easier to move that heated air out of the clutch housing. We modified a stock back cover and made our own exit to allow for this. May be something else for you to try.

Name:  75266223_528201387912888_267446277787090944_n.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  235.2 KB

Nate
    Alba Racing

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbaNate View Post
    We have learned that it is not just getting more cool fresh air into the housing. It is also making it easier to move that heated air out of the clutch housing. We modified a stock back cover and made our own exit to allow for this. May be something else for you to try.

Name:  75266223_528201387912888_267446277787090944_n.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  235.2 KB

Nate
    Alba Racing
    That looks like a good idea, I might try something like that

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    519 times
    I tried reaching Ken again today by phone. It went to voicemail and the shop line always answers as 'this user's mailbox isn't set up'. Again, this is all strange to me. I did confirm that Push is releasing an ECU flash using the Precision EFI tool, after talking to the folks at Precision. However, I can`t reach Push to purchase a flash or anything else. My shop is telling me they have no interest working with Push if they can't be reached? I think it is time to move to plan B. It is now closing in on a month of where is Waldo. He fell off the grid, on my account, on aprox. the 24th of September. I had talked to him on the 23rd and followed up on the 24th, when the no response started. I wish Push well- I hope nothing bad happened. But there are too many question to follow this track, at this point.
    I saw Ken was down at Windrock with the Wildcat Riders group over the end of last week and weekend so it doesn't seem as if anything bad happened, other than his customer service lol.
    2016 Wildcat X
    SidexSideAudio System
    Dragonfire Harness Bar
    PRP Harnesses
    AC Rock Sliders
    AC Soft Top
    Bad Dawg Box
    Highlifter Radius Rods
    D & P Performance Tie Rods
    AJ's Tub Guards
    30X10X14 Carnivores
    12MM Studs
    EMP Side Mirrors
    Much much more to come..

Started emptying my wallet with a 2014 Trail.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    He is not even answering calls from the textron distributors here at Ecuador, they bought several kits from him and they are having some problems tunning the cars but the guy won't show up at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links