WILDCAT XX will not shut off with key
    Member #

WILDCAT XX will not shut off with key

Hello,First off thanks to everybody that posts on this great forum! I bought an XX because of a lot of what was on here.I had a Teryx and spent time on that forum and others before buying my XX . Now on to the point of this post . I have a 2018 XX with about 500 miles on it. I got it used and have not put a lot of miles on it yet. I was using it around my house to do some yard clean up( any excuse to drive it) and I was starting and shutting off the engine more often that you would if you were out trail riding or racing. Well then the other day after pulling out of the garage and driving around through the trails on my property for a few minutes, it would not turn off. I turned the key off and it kept running and the instrument panel was still lit. It was like it was not shut off at all. I replaced the ignition switch but still the same thing. I was able to stall it by covering the exhaust. and then I have to disconnect the battery and reconnect it to get it to start again. It is all stock except for a set of 5 point harnesses and I did the bypass for the seat belt switch when I put the harnesses in. I keep it inside a garage but it is not heated. I have driven it in a light rain ,but it has not gotten supper wet. I have had it about 8 months, and got it at the same time I was moving into a new house and moving my business , so I have not put a lot of time on it yet. But I ran it on and off for months with no issues. It started acting up like this in August so it was not cold out yet. I have not had a lot of time to try and figure it out yet. I tried searching the forums and doing a google search , but can not find anybody that has had the same issue, that posted about it. My plan is to go through all of the wiring, disconnect,clean and apply dielectric grease to all connections and check for any chafed or broken wires. But what would you guys suggest?

Member #
    Liked
    261 times
    First I've heard of something like this. Curious to hear what you find.
    2018 Wildcat XX green/black

32" ITP Cryptids
    Warn VRX 45-S winch
    HMF Titan QS Blackout exhaust
    Custom roof
    Speedwerx steering bushing
    Custom winch mount
    Speedwerx alternator delete kit
    Custom tow ring
    Suspension lifted 4"
    Venom secondary spring
    Assault Industries tie rods

Member #
    Liked
    803 times
    You can find the wiring diagram on the Country Cat site.
    I'm looking at the wiring diagram and the power goes from the voltage regulator to the ignition switch, and then to the 10amp IGNITION fuse. From there it powers up a couple other things on the way to the ECM. The ECM is what is staying on. Does the power steering also stay on?

First, find out if you have power at the ignition fuse with the key off.
    If there is no power at the ignition fuse then the ECM could be the problem.
    If you have power there then the problem could be in the wiring, power relay, EPS relay, ignition switch, it's connector, the fuse box, something that will feed 12v to the ignition fuse. Pull the fuse and see what side of the fuse the power is on. Unplug things and see what takes the power away from the ignition fuse. It's a process of elimination at this point.
    IUEC Local 8
    The elevator guy!

I had a 2012....cracked engine case stock, then w/ MCX Turbo and STM Clutch broke 2 crankshafts, and blew up 2 rear diffs,

Then got a 2014 X Limited....leaked oil since new, bent crankshaft, and cracked the stator cover....

Got a RZR XPT..hauls ass, rides great, handles terrible, sucks in the whoops

Now....Speed XX #32

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks for the info, I'll check those things out and update as I go through figuring out what is going on. I was hoping that when I did not find anything in my searches about the problem, that it would be a super simple and easy fix. Maybe it will be. If anybody else has had something similar happen please post. I love the XX so far , other then this issue. And I am looking forward to getting out and going on some rides and trying some racing .

Sponsored Links