Motor Mounts - Brute Performance SOLID mount review
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DuneTrack-N

Thread: Motor Mounts - Brute Performance SOLID mount review

Member #
    Liked
    46 times

Motor Mounts - Brute Performance SOLID mount review

Hey all, so I had the stock mounts fail at 1000miles and new stock mounts were on back-order so I ordered a set of SOLID mounts from Brute Performance.

#1 I did this out of convenience to keep riding.
    #2 Why not pay once if they work out, see below paying twice...

I had one mount completely FAIL and a second half gone. Both were the rear mounts, the front mounts seamed fine.
    During the last ride before replacement we felt and heard something new. Sounded like diff or drive failure but the feeling was very REV sensitive. Found out the failed mounts let the trans/diff SIT on the lower frame-plate section. Now I know why SpeedSxS sells that bump pad... but it's just a bandaid so watch your mounts.

So I got the parts in less then a week and installed them.
    I did not drop the rear cage section and probably should have to make it easier.
    Front mounts are fairly easy but access is small, so you can't get sockets, guns, torque wrenches in there.
    Rear mounts sucked and had less access. Removed the rear heat shield and the shield between muffler and trans but it won't come out. Have to fight thru it all...
    Fight thru it all and got them in started the engine and...

Yes at idle a little more vibration, nothing wild.
    Rev it up, nothing noticeable.

100 mile 6-7hr ride report.
    I'm driving wife passenger, fire up. She give me the WTF is that look, I disregard... and smash the loud pedal
    Hit the trails for 4hrs 50-60ish miles, stop for lunch. I barely felt the extra vibration while driving, nothing noticeable to report from drivers seat.
    Finish lunch and swap drivers. She fires it up and Boom I feel what she felt in the AM.
    The passenger FEELS a LOT of vibration and it gives you a nice massage while riding , so much vibration that I'll be removing them when the stock rubber mounts are delivered.
    30 miles more back to camp and when we get there I tell her, yep I know what that face was. I'll get the stock ones on order.

Pretty sure the vibration in the passenger seat is due to the mount location and the seat mount. The passenger seat sits in a guide right on the frame above that mount. The driver seat is more independent with the slider and such, it's not touching the frame per-say.

So if your racing then maybe this won't be an issue, but for me that vibration in the seat won't be fun for anyone and worse as the ride goes on. We ride 40-100mile loops regularly.

As far as the mounts themselves they are good quality pieces. Brute sends them with small sticker instructions for alignment and it's a true bolt in unit. Grab some blue lock tight and a few hours of time.

I'm going to KEEP these for trailer/camp spares, just like axle and front diff coupler.
    If I loose a mount during a trip we will swap them in and run them till new rubber mounts arrive. Piece of mind to have repair parts in the trailer.
    Name:  IMG_5593.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  2.35 MBName:  IMG_5584.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  2.53 MB
    DaButcher likes this.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9034 times
    Edited your thread, sent you a PM.
    2013 White/Orange Limited

April 2014 Wildcat of the Month

UTV Inc - cage, roof, doors, harnesses, fire extinguisher, blower, switches, shifter, billet orange gas cap
    Pace Offroad - Tie Rods & Radius Arms & A Arms, 12 mm Stud Kit
    STU Paddles/Rzrs - Douglass Sector Wheels
    Twisted Stitch heated suede seats
    EVO Bullet Muffler & Reflash
    Rigid 40" LED bar
    Rugged Radio
    AJ's Bushings
    Muzzy WCD

Member #
    Liked
    803 times
    I have the Speed bump pad and it supports the trans. My rear mounts have cracks but I'm not too worried because the bump pad holds everything in place. I asked Todd Romano about better mounts and he said they solid mount the race cars and the vibration is bad. He basically said to consider the stock mounts as a wear item and replace them occasionally.

And definitely drop the rear cradle any time you are working on something back there. It takes a couple minutes with an impact and makes everything easier.
    IUEC Local 8
    The elevator guy!

I had a 2012....cracked engine case stock, then w/ MCX Turbo and STM Clutch broke 2 crankshafts, and blew up 2 rear diffs,

Then got a 2014 X Limited....leaked oil since new, bent crankshaft, and cracked the stator cover....

Got a RZR XPT..hauls ass, rides great, handles terrible, sucks in the whoops

Now....Speed XX #32

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    I put in a bump pad. It supports the trans/engine assm. in the cradle. Happy with the way it is.
    2018 Wildcat XX
    Alba tune, Alba header, Speed steering rack gusset kit, Speed secondary bolt lock, Shock Therapy revalve and springs, MBRP sport muffler, SSI helix and secondary spring., Sandcraft limit straps on rear. SSV stage 2 stereo, Arctic Cat roof, PRP harnesses, Dragonfire steering wheel, rear diff bump pad, alternator delete, Speedwerx steering rack bushing, Speedwerx 47g clutch arms.

Sponsored Links