Changing clutch springs and weights
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thunder45

Thread: Changing clutch springs and weights

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Changing clutch springs and weights

I've haven't worked on a belt drive system before and wasn't able to find any XX specific videos. Is changing the primary springs and weights the same on an XX as other machines? Are the tools needed also the same or will I need anything specific? If the tools are the same I could probably borrow them from a friend.

Member #
    Liked
    988 times
    Quote Originally Posted by utahxx View Post
    I've haven't worked on a belt drive system before and wasn't able to find any XX specific videos. Is changing the primary springs and weights the same on an XX as other machines? Are the tools needed also the same or will I need anything specific? If the tools are the same I could probably borrow them from a friend.
    In short yes it is the same as most of the machines On the market. You really don’t need any special tools and you can change both spring and weights without taking the primary off. I am sure you can find videos on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mtgott likes this.
    2014 X Limited
    April 2016 WOTM

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Everything is the same as Polaris. XX is a team clutch just like Polaris. I recommend the textron OEM clutch puller (much more stout than others). I'm not certain but I think the puller threads for Polaris and XX are different. country cat has a service tech manual download that is a very good resource. Alba racing offers a great kit for the primary and driven clutch. Kit has springs adjustable cam arms (stm) and helix (STM). Took me about an hour to install. XX primary took about three good strikes on the puller to get loose. Remember to grease the tool.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    You could change everything out with the clutch on the car if youre patient and have a second set of hands. Need a 10mm socket 10mm wrench and either 3.5 or 4 mm Allen, cant remember, if youre messing with the cam arms. DO NOT reverse the the hardware on the fan cap that is attached to the primary cover. The lock nuts go up (facing you). If you do it backward you could damage the spider or restrict its travel. Dont forget the lock tire. Hope this helps.

Member #
    Liked
    291 times
    Just a guess but based on your handle you live in Utah. If so because you are new to CVT's please just take a trip to D&P and you will be a happy XX owner. Their techs are GREAT!! and know the clutching on our machines better than almost anyone. Particularly for your area. It will be cheap money and time spent. If you ask they will probably be happy to show and explain what they are doing and why.

Sponsored Links