Engine Oils
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By DeanTeck
  • 2 Post By CRAWLR
  • 2 Post By wild1

Thread: Engine Oils

Member #

Engine Oils

I'm looking for a suitable substitute for engine oil other than the ACX. I have multiple vehicles that I use Either Mobil 1, Lucas, or Royal Purple. There's gotta be something else out there that works on these things. I don't think the XX has a wet clutch does it? I'm new to these things so learning as I go along. Thanks in advance.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4157 times
    no wet clutch on the xx...oil preferences are like tire preferences...a whole range of favorites on here...i've had 6 different a/c-textron rigs over the last 15 years and never had a engine problem with any of the a/c-textron oils/filters...the choice is yours...
    CoronaWildcat, Kurt968 and izom like this.
    October 2018 WOTM Arctic Cat Wildcat XX (Satin Charcoal Metallic w/Green Decals)
    Arctic Cat: Black Aluminum Roof; 36" LED Light Bar; Rearview Mirror; Rear Window; Kick Panel Bags; Black Front/Rear Steel Bumpers; 6" LED Light Bar; Rock Sliders; Spare Tire Rim w/OEM CST Behemoth; Trailerable Cover; Green Rock Light Kit--PRP: "RS" Suspension Seats; 4.2 Harnesses--D&P Performance: 2" Seat Mounts/Risers--Ryco Moto: Street Legal Kit--Seizmik: Strike Side View Mirrors--​Rugged Radio: XX Mobile Radio Mount; RM-25R Dual Band Mobile Radio; RRP660 2 Place Intercom System w/Helmet Kits & H22-Ultimate Headsets--Trail Armor: Skids; A-arm & Trailing Arm Guards--
    Speedwerx: Heavy Duty Steering Box Bushing; H5 Alloy Secondary Clutch Spring 180/240; Team Boss Driven Clutch Delrin Washers--775Fabrication: Reluctor Shield--Ryfab: Glass Windshield w/wiper; Cargo Box--KFI: Rear 2" Receiver Hitch--Spring Brake Thingy--

Member #
    Liked
    803 times
    I consider the AC oils as the minimum of what I would run. The trans, diff, and motor oil can all be better that 'stock'.

For the motor I went with the street bike rule of thumb with a Full Synthetic Ester based oil for these high revving little motors. I have been using Maxima Extra 4 5W-40 in the XX and with my Turbo RZR I mostly used the Motul version but it is more expensive. The point is, these little motors run at 9000RPM most of the time and we need an oil that is proven to handle it. Superbike and MotoGP is pretty good proof as far as I'm concerned.

For the trans and diff I'm using a synthetic 75W-90 gear oil from BG that a friend of mine had good luck with in Indy Cars. A lot of the trans builders recommend a heavier synthetic gear oil in these transmissions and diffs. If I didn't have a source for the BG stuff I would probably be running the Mobil 1 75W-140. The trans and diff in an XX are just a normal gear box and the 'stock' oil is just a gimmick. There's no reason not to run good gear oil in them. A RZR Hilliard front diff is the only thing that 'might' need something different because of the Sprague. BTW, I ran the BG stuff in the trans on my RZR XPT for over 4000 miles too.
    Kurt968 and thunder45 like this.
    IUEC Local 8
    The elevator guy!

I had a 2012....cracked engine case stock, then w/ MCX Turbo and STM Clutch broke 2 crankshafts, and blew up 2 rear diffs,

Then got a 2014 X Limited....leaked oil since new, bent crankshaft, and cracked the stator cover....

Got a RZR XPT..hauls ass, rides great, handles terrible, sucks in the whoops

Now....Speed XX #32

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    988 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAWLR View Post
    I consider the AC oils as the minimum of what I would run. The trans, diff, and motor oil can all be better that 'stock'.

For the motor I went with the street bike rule of thumb with a Full Synthetic Ester based oil for these high revving little motors. I have been using Maxima Extra 4 5W-40 in the XX and with my Turbo RZR I mostly used the Motul version but it is more expensive. The point is, these little motors run at 9000RPM most of the time and we need an oil that is proven to handle it. Superbike and MotoGP is pretty good proof as far as I'm concerned.

For the trans and diff I'm using a synthetic 75W-90 gear oil from BG that a friend of mine had good luck with in Indy Cars. A lot of the trans builders recommend a heavier synthetic gear oil in these transmissions and diffs. If I didn't have a source for the BG stuff I would probably be running the Mobil 1 75W-140. The trans and diff in an XX are just a normal gear box and the 'stock' oil is just a gimmick. There's no reason not to run good gear oil in them. A RZR Hilliard front diff is the only thing that 'might' need something different because of the Sprague. BTW, I ran the BG stuff in the trans on my RZR XPT for over 4000 miles too.
    I second all of this! I have been running gear oil in my Team trans on my 300+hp rzr for over 4 years and have not had any problems, and am using 75w-140 in the XX. Motor oil...well, clean off the self oil is better than dirty designer oils IMO....I like Crawlr use any good sport bike oil, and usally that is Mobile-1 4T.
    2014 X Limited
    April 2016 WOTM

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I am not a authority on the subject however I have had very good luck with Mobile 1
    I run it in anything I care about and it has served me well....and you can find it almost anywhere. I run it in my XX and am very pleased.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I been using Maxima Synblend 4 in the motor and just switched over to Redline Heavy Shockproof gear oil in transaxle.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Amsoil products only in my 2015 Sport since first oil change (Ester base) 100% full synthetic.
    mtgott and dspete05 like this.
    Wild1 - Colorado
    2015 Wildcat Sport XT Viper Blue
    AC Bimini Top, AC Half Winshield, Warn winch, AC Angle bars, AC Shoulder Bag Storage, AC Underhood Cargo Box, AJ's Front and Rear Fender Flares, AC side mirrors, AC Front and Rear Aluminum Bumpers, AJ'S Bushings, AJ's Diamond Plate Tub Guards, Hauled on a 10ft PJ trailer with spring assist hinged ramp

Sponsored Links