Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By todztoyz
  • 3 Post By todztoyz

Thread: Sealing the cabin

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Sealing the cabin

I thought this might be a good place to show n tell ways to seal and quiet down the cabin. Behind the seats, I sealed and plugged all holes with clear silicone and the large gaps I used a closed cell pipe insulation. In the spring, I'll finish up, but the HUGE gaps at the bottom of console will act as heaters for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Hal001 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Did a quicky on the cupholders also.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Texicali2.0, Hal001 and izom like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Nice work!
    I went a bit overboard trying to get the heat diverted which in turn quieted it down as well. You are so right about the flipping holes behind the seat when I sealed mine the dust in the cab went to near nothing huge improvement! I sealed everything In mine I could find with “Cool It “ by thermo tec now it is cool and quite in the cab.....Rugged Radio headsets don’t hurt either! Hahaha maybe I just can’t hear the noise, either way mission accomplished

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Thanks for posting a solution to this. I’ve covered the rear holes with a single strip of duct tape, then took out the rear skid pan bolts and installed the foam pipe cover across the entire width of the pan, and just stuck the bolts back through the foam. In the corners, I’m trying a few strips of duct tape to cover the gaps the foam doesn’t fit into.
    Will go out for a ride later and let you know how it worked.

UPDATE:
    Just got back from a 60 mile today. I was middle of the pack with 14 other cars in the dusty, dry AZ desert. I could tell within the first five minutes, that sealing the gaps, but also removing the half windshield, has made a HUGE difference. At the end of the ride, I could still read the gauges on the dash.
    i have no doubt that sealing the gaps keeps the dirt out. Removing the windshield likely gets rid of an eddy or some kind of dead airspace inside the cockpit. It made for a little chillier ride, but I could see and wasn’t overly covered in dust at the end. So it was worth it.
    Last edited by DGruper; Today at 05:43 PM. Reason: Updated

Sponsored Links