Ryfab Windshield is Awesome!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ryfab Windshield is Awesome!!!

Member #
    Liked
    814 times

Ryfab Windshield is Awesome!!!

I knew the New Years trip to Dove Springs would be wet so I decided to add a windshield. I had the Ryfab on my RZR and i liked it, and Rocky Mountain had it for a good price with free shipping so I went for it.

With the Speed Roof and Lightbar Brackets I had to modify it a little bit but it worked out really well. I never had a wiper on the RZR and that f-ed me a couple times so got the hand wiper with it this time. The wiper is wedged between the windshield and the front of the roof pretty tight but it did what I needed although an electric wiper with squirters would be better. I'll add 2 electric wipers and washer fluid squirters for the next wet trip. Probably next year.

Name:  IMG_20191228_104833.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  2.88 MB
    This was before the mud fest

Name:  IMG_20191228_215747.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  4.40 MB
    This was the end of a 90 mile ride

It was less than 30* when we got back and the whole car was covered in ice.

I was wearing a hoodie and no gloves the whole day.
    DeanTeck likes this.
    IUEC Local 8
    The elevator guy!

I had a 2012....cracked engine case stock, then w/ MCX Turbo and STM Clutch broke 2 crankshafts, and blew up 2 rear diffs,

Then got a 2014 X Limited....leaked oil since new, bent crankshaft, and cracked the stator cover....

Got a RZR XPT..hauls ass, rides great, handles terrible, sucks in the whoops

Now....Speed XX #32

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4167 times
    hey crawlr, our ryfab windshield is boxed inside our garage in colorado for us so we won't see it until may 2020...is there any modification needed if one has two seizmik side mirrors along with a textron rearview mirror?...we do have the textron full aluminum roof so we may need spacers on the upper front roll cage as well...looks great on your rig...
    October 2018 WOTM Arctic Cat Wildcat XX (Satin Charcoal Metallic w/Green Decals)
    Arctic Cat: Black Aluminum Roof; 36" LED Light Bar; Rearview Mirror; Rear Window; Kick Panel Bags; Black Front/Rear Steel Bumpers; 6" LED Light Bar; Rock Sliders; Spare Tire Rim w/OEM CST Behemoth; Trailerable Cover; Green Rock Light Kit--PRP: 4.2 Harnesses--D&P Performance: 2" Seat Mounts/Risers--Ryco Moto: Street Legal Kit--Seizmik: Strike Side View Mirrors--​Rugged Radio: XX Mobile Radio Mount; RM-25R Dual Band Mobile Radio; RRP660 2 Place Intercom System w/Helmet Kits & H22-Ultimate Headsets--Trail Armor: Skids; A-arm & Trailing Arm Guards--
    Speedwerx: Heavy Duty Steering Box Bushing; H5 Alloy Secondary Clutch Spring 180/240; Team Boss Driven Clutch Delrin Washers--775Fabrication: Reluctor Shield--Ryfab: Glass Windshield w/wiper; Cargo Box--KFI: Rear 2" Receiver Hitch--Spring Brake Thingy--

Member #
    Liked
    987 times
    Did you plug the air scoop hole also on the speed roof? and does that wind shield swing open?
    18 XX Ltd Mystery Machine..
    18 XX green black
    14 120 zr
    12 M8 153

4. Remove Advertisements
    WildcatForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    814 times
    DeanTeck - The windshield is spaced out from the roll cage about 1/2" so the mirrors should fit behind it. Mine do. At the top the frame slips under the top tube of the roll cage except for a tab in the center where the V-bars come together. If your roof stops at the front tube you should be good.

NDHotbodies - I made a plug for the scoop when I had a rear window because the air would go through the scoop and right down your back. I did not have the rear window or the plug for the scoop on this trip and I didn't need them.
    DeanTeck likes this.
    IUEC Local 8
    The elevator guy!

I had a 2012....cracked engine case stock, then w/ MCX Turbo and STM Clutch broke 2 crankshafts, and blew up 2 rear diffs,

Then got a 2014 X Limited....leaked oil since new, bent crankshaft, and cracked the stator cover....

Now....Speed XX #32

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4167 times
    kevin, the bottom frame of the windshield swings open but the windshield itself doesn't move...you can check it out at ryfab's site...
    October 2018 WOTM Arctic Cat Wildcat XX (Satin Charcoal Metallic w/Green Decals)
    Arctic Cat: Black Aluminum Roof; 36" LED Light Bar; Rearview Mirror; Rear Window; Kick Panel Bags; Black Front/Rear Steel Bumpers; 6" LED Light Bar; Rock Sliders; Spare Tire Rim w/OEM CST Behemoth; Trailerable Cover; Green Rock Light Kit--PRP: 4.2 Harnesses--D&P Performance: 2" Seat Mounts/Risers--Ryco Moto: Street Legal Kit--Seizmik: Strike Side View Mirrors--​Rugged Radio: XX Mobile Radio Mount; RM-25R Dual Band Mobile Radio; RRP660 2 Place Intercom System w/Helmet Kits & H22-Ultimate Headsets--Trail Armor: Skids; A-arm & Trailing Arm Guards--
    Speedwerx: Heavy Duty Steering Box Bushing; H5 Alloy Secondary Clutch Spring 180/240; Team Boss Driven Clutch Delrin Washers--775Fabrication: Reluctor Shield--Ryfab: Glass Windshield w/wiper; Cargo Box--KFI: Rear 2" Receiver Hitch--Spring Brake Thingy--

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    I installed a Ryfab windshield on my 2018 xx last winter. I have a cloth roof and 2 siezmik side mirrors. It fit well and was good until it warmed up. The open bottom frame doesn’t let in enough air to keep you cool or the dust out in warm weather. I modified mine by putting hinges on the top and a small winch to open it. Now works great in all temperatures.

Member #
    Liked
    987 times
    is it easy to install/remove? thinking if is, I can use it in winter then remove for the two months in summer..
    18 XX Ltd Mystery Machine..
    18 XX green black
    14 120 zr
    12 M8 153

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4167 times
    Quote Originally Posted by panthercat View Post
    I installed a Ryfab windshield on my 2018 xx last winter. I have a cloth roof and 2 siezmik side mirrors. It fit well and was good until it warmed up. The open bottom frame doesn’t let in enough air to keep you cool or the dust out in warm weather. I modified mine by putting hinges on the top and a small winch to open it. Now works great in all temperatures.
    pics would be great...

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Some pictures.Name:  B41C4FCA-9393-45AA-8388-FDCA84EC4CF9.jpeg
Views: 48
Size:  3.34 MB

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Name:  5C9B6270-9951-4D5A-9B67-FF8E20DB51F3.jpeg
Views: 47
Size:  5.23 MB

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Name:  4665B65A-BB6B-486D-9F7E-597BD5E90979.jpeg
Views: 43
Size:  4.50 MB
    DeanTeck likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4167 times
    Quote Originally Posted by panthercat View Post
    Name:  4665B65A-BB6B-486D-9F7E-597BD5E90979.jpeg
Views: 43
Size:  4.50 MB
    thanks for the pics...unfortunately beyond my non-mechanical being...

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Because it is above horizontal when open all the way it funnels more air into the cab than without it. The hinges are bolted into existing holes in the windshield frame and are easily removed. I put stops on the lower hinged portion because it came up too far when partially opened and blocked the view. The window is heavy enough that it doesn’t bounce on rough going, but wouldn’t want to do jumps.

Member #
    Liked
    814 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NDHotbodies View Post
    is it easy to install/remove? thinking if is, I can use it in winter then remove for the two months in summer..
    There are brackets that mount with the cage bolts at the front. The windshield mounts to those brackets and has a couple clamps at the top. I can have it off in five minutes.
    NDHotbodies likes this.
    IUEC Local 8
    The elevator guy!

Now....Speed XX #32

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Where did you get the side and door windows?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links