Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a 1/2 windshield, and if you do, have you had an problems with it? Called my dealer today to ask if they were in stock yet, they said yes but they could not sell them until they got a revised bolt kit from AC as the original bolt kits were causing the windshields to crack. If you have one already you might want to check this out with your dealer. I love my cat, but wonder about ACs quality control after hearing this and some of the issues others have had!

·
Registered
508 Posts
They probably dont even make the winshields, calm down.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
They probably dont even make the winshields, calm down.
It doesn't matter whether they make them or not, they are ultimately responsible for thier quality. And yes it sounds like they have ID'd the problem, stopped selling them and are correcting the issues before getting too many out in the users hands. This is much better than selling them all and denying a warranty claim later.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Didnt say it wasnt their responsibility, it is. When you have outside vendors its harder to maintain qc and sometimes problems wont show till its out to the customer. Which seems to have happened here and ac is fixing the problem it seems. :cool2:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The issue was the clamps. As soon as we opened the package of our first one, I knew we were in trouble. The vendor apparently thought it made for a cleaner looking install. In the real world they were breaking like mad. I have not seen the newly revised clamp design, but they did act quickly.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Put the new windshild on last week and rode two hard days at Glamis. You guys scare me i just went out to check for cracks in mine

still looks new.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
does that half windshield work well? i have never been in or had a windshield,

·
Registered
32 Posts
i put a half windshield on a had to take it off the way it is made when you look thought it you see a waving or magnifying look it made me sick but it look good on but can not use it i hope they can fix it

·
Registered
210 Posts
Guess i am tall enough to see over it!
It does push the wind and dirt over your head, I think it works good and the little woman hasn't complained yet,

·
Registered
32 Posts
i could see over it but when you look down it just is distorted to me maybe it was the one i got it was the new one from arctic cat it did work for the wind and dust

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
i put a half windshield on a had to take it off the way it is made when you look thought it you see a waving or magnifying look it made me sick but it look good on but can not use it i hope they can fix it

is this the 1/2 windows that the AC dealers are selling? Because I have been wondering if they did that all a long, were they have all the bends in them. I'm waiting for my dealer to get one in so I can see if I like it or not. Thats why I was trying to find a straight one, too.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I installed the half windshield last week and it's just been sitting in the garage since then. I went and checked it and one of the clamps is now broken. Guess I need the update

1 - 20 of 26 Posts