Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wounder if Artic Cat ever took into consideration all of us out here with Fun Mover Motor homes and Toy Haulers that only have a garage on them 10 foot long witch works out to only having 9 foot 10 inches of room and with the wild cat is 10 foot long they just lost my sale.
Correct me if I am wrong on the over all length.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I hate to burst your bubble TooFast but I doubt they even took into consideration what the WC would and wouldn't fit into. I am sure they figured that if you want one you will figure out how to haul one. I am going to have to buy a new trailer myself to haul my wifes and kid's quad plus the WC. So we are all in the same boat. You have to PAY TO PLAY.................................................But it is worth it. And why can't the RV people call a 10' garage what it really is? Which would make it easier for the rest of us to decide what we wanted to buy then.

Reactions: Full Of Mud

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Welcome To The Site
But I Think It Will Fit With The Right Tie Downs

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
should have bought one with a 14' garage in the first place

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
14' Where 12 ' The Bigest I Have Found

·
Registered
192 Posts
Warrior Lifestyles (Weekend Warrior under thier new name), makes the LL4005 in a 45' version (same as the WW FTL 4005) with a 17' garage. Only one I know of with a seperate garage that big, but very pricey. Other wise there are quite a few out the with much more than 12' storage (not dedicated garages), like the Stealth 3918, or thr Raptor 3816. I think Raptor (Keystone) offers a 14' garage model now that I think about it. I'm not an RV salesman, just been looking to upgrade for a while.....:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think the tires are what sticks out the furthest forward and back. If that's the case you could air down a little and squeeze it in, Or just get a couple smaller wheels/tires for traveling. Just thinking out loud here.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
should have bought one with a 14' garage in the first place
I never understood the 'should have' posts...So helpful to state the obvious - that is if the person ever had any inkling he would be buying something 10' long when purchasing the hauler originally.

Anyway, I have looked at the WC very closely in every picture I could find just to find out how I can use my existing trailer. I think it can be done. I've started the mods already. It might be more trouble than its worth to you, but there's usually a way. For me it means I am welding about 100lbs of new steel to the trailer to elevate it enough to clear the rails. Good luck. I think it will be worth the workaround.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Warrior Lifestyles (Weekend Warrior under thier new name), makes the LL4005 in a 45' version (same as the WW FTL 4005) with a 17' garage. Only one I know of with a seperate garage that big, but very pricey. Other wise there are quite a few out the with much more than 12' storage (not dedicated garages), like the Stealth 3918, or thr Raptor 3816. I think Raptor (Keystone) offers a 14' garage model now that I think about it. I'm not an RV salesman, just been looking to upgrade for a while.....:)
Raptor does offer a 14' garage, just have the give up the rear bathroom, which we opted to keep, but then again, we don't haul much in our toy hauler, it stays at little sahara about 360 days a year.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've got 12' in my Raptor so no problem there. However, once in a while we need to leave the Raptor in camp and transport our SXS to other trails. With my standard RZR I could load it in the back of my truck (Duramax dually). So the other day I went out to measure what I would need to do to load the "Cat" in the back of my truck. I can fix it so its long enough but what has me stumped right now is the fact that the bed is only 62" wide and the Cat is 64". So now I'm researching flat beds for my truck or double towing with the Raptor. I'm open to suggestions!

Dwight

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes I know that there is a lot of toy haulers out there with bigger garages but I did not buy a toy hauler that you pull behind a truck I have a Fun Mover Motor Home that you drive not a pull behind trailer and at the time I was looking who would have ever thought that a side X side would not have fit. And my whole reason for the Fun Mover was so that I didn't have to pull a trailer also. I have talked to my local dealer and when he gets one we are going to see what we can do to fit it in.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Since you only need to gain 2", airing down the tires slightly and/or installing ramps for the front wheels in the front of the garage should do the trick. My very rough calculations show that the highest point on the ramp would need to be about 22" high. That should at least give you a starting point.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Thank God Arctic Cat did not constrict the design of this thing based upon what a very few people already own to carry it. We could play that game all day long about what it will and won't fit in or on, to think they left you out because what you already own does not fit it is just silly.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've got 12' in my Raptor so no problem there. However, once in a while we need to leave the Raptor in camp and transport our SXS to other trails. With my standard RZR I could load it in the back of my truck (Duramax dually). So the other day I went out to measure what I would need to do to load the "Cat" in the back of my truck. I can fix it so its long enough but what has me stumped right now is the fact that the bed is only 62" wide and the Cat is 64". So now I'm researching flat beds for my truck or double towing with the Raptor. I'm open to suggestions!

Dwight
A quick solution would be narrow spare wheels for those tight spaces.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Will fit in a 144 Sprinter

I've done some measuring and it will fit in my 144 Sprinter with skinny wheels. I am stoked because this means no trailer and no 55 mph speed limit on the highway! :cool:

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I've done some measuring and it will fit in my 144 Sprinter with skinny wheels. I am stoked because this means no trailer and no 55 mph speed limit on the highway! :cool:
That will be a tight fit, my 2007 extended high roof Sprinter measures 61" at the door 65" wall to wall an 54" at the wheelwells but of course you could run over those. Mine is 13.5 feet from the cage to the rear doors how long is the little Sprinter?

·
Registered
161 Posts

Dwight
You have several options- There is a company that makes a diamond plated bed cover that is strong enough to put 2 atv's on top of. That will take care of your width problem. Perhaps they make an extension to handle the length of the WC. I've seen sxs racks that extend over the top of the cab. That would be another way to go. You could also go to a local fab shop and they could build something that would allow you to carry this thing. Probably something with a winch up top that allows you to pull the WC up into place.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Dwight said:

Dwight
Since the Wildcat is so much shorter in height than a RZR, how about getting a small 10 foot flat trailer that you could roll up into the Raptor and then drive the Wildcat into and up on that little trailer, then when you get where you are going you unload them both and load the Wildcat on the little trailer for transport? A small winch could be used to get the first trailer into the Raptor then the Wildcat could drive in onto the small trailer via another set of ramps. In fact you could use an 8 foot bed trailer just to cover the wheelbase and let the front and rear of the Wildcat extend over. This way you still have room for the quad in the garage too.

I recommend the Aluma model 638 trailer as your solution. First get the quad in there, then the trailer. It only weighs 345 pounds total, probably could wheel it in there fairly easily, secure it, then drive the Wildcat onto it and secure the Wildcat to the little trailer. All set then.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts