Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got our trail leas than a week ago and we're at 100 miles. Nearest AC dealer is 130 miles away and we have to drop and return to get it.

They quoted me $450 for everything (fluids, filters, valve adjustment). Labor largely driven by the valve adjustment, which is needed every 500 miles? This is going to be an expensive hobby...

Does everyone follow this schedule to a T? Can I skip a valve adjustment here and there? I can do the fluids myself... Thoughts?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did my own fluids and have not touched the valves I'm at 300 miles. Not sure how critical the valves are. Or how difficult. One of the few things I haven't researched here.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
4,000 miles & never touched the valves, I doubt it needs it, but it's an excellent way for dealerships to make some extra $$

·
Registered
68 Posts
Do your own services and screw their valve adjustment crap, thats a scam

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,716 Posts
I have to agree with the above statements. I have over 5,000 miles on mine and have never touched the valves. Hell, I'm still running the same belt. I know the more I mention that, it's going to grenade on me. LOL!!

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
My dealer checked a few of them( close to 150 miles and one with almost 1500 miles) and they were within spec So like said above until they make noise or it gets hard to start let the valves be. Everybody should know how to change fluids and belts.

Reactions: mtgott

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have about 2600 mi on one of my machines and the other has a little less. I've never had to adjust my valves.

My dealer inspected them as part of the 100 mi service and I've inspected them annually since then (total of 5 inspections) (I didn't get to one machine one year) and they have never needed adjusted. They're quite easy to check if you'll be replacing the plugs anyway, but I would doubt they need adjusted. I would definitely inspect them though. Now, it's my understanding if they actually need adjusted that is quite the task.

You can download the factory service manual from Country Cat.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have 3600 miles on my 2016 trail & have never taken it back to the dealer for service I change all the fluids myself & have never had a va

·
Premium Member
7,562 Posts
had a 2014 trail xt for 2 years, a 2016 trail s/e for 2 years and a 2018 xx for 2 years = zero valve adjustments...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts