Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were out today in our 2018 xx when suddenly "low oil pressure" come across the instrument panel, the engine stars to hammer like crazy and then stalls out. I've heard stories of pluged oil filters from the assembly grease but this shouldn't be the cause, the oil was changed twice at the dealer; the first time at 300 km (180 miles) and the second at 1000 km (600 miles). If any of you watched the SXS Blog episode when their new xx blew up with low miles that's exactly what this one sounded like.

Has any one else heard of this happening with such low mileage?
It Unacceptable but thank God for warranty and a great dealer that I'm sure will take care of me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That sucks. Another thing I got to be paranoid about now, been hearing about oil pump failures lately. Just saw the Dirt Obsession guys on YouTube had the same issue.

·
Registered
872 Posts
One of 2 things based on if you like them or not..
-it blew up because they are morons and didnt follow break in procedure
or
-it blew up because Textron/Arctic Cat/Tracker has a identity crisis and its not a Polaris

:rolleyes:
Pithy...

I still troll the Rzr Forum from time to time.
I was surprised to see the amount of problems the Turbo S is having.

Every new car has issues.

I am very curious what the outcome was on any of these blow ups.
Hope we get the full scoop.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Gonna make me keep a better eye on the dash for the oil pressure idiot light.
I am probably gonna get a gauge like I had on my Rzr.

Why would oil pumps fail on these? They seem pretty simple I would think.

·
Administrator
27,564 Posts
The yamaha engines aren't as bullet proof as everyone seems to think. #former_yxz_owner
Former? Do tell? What do you have now, Frank?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Former? Do tell? What do you have now, Frank?
I sold yxz a few months ago.... very happy to see it gone !! Lost a stupid amount of money on it ... par for the course I guess on these things. I picked up a used 2015 xp 1000 for a good deal, driving it for now, plan on giving it to my daughter or using as a backup machine... waiting on 2020 releases to see if anything comes out that really excites me. :)

·
Administrator
27,564 Posts
I sold yxz a few months ago.... very happy to see it gone !! Lost a stupid amount of money on it ... par for the course I guess on these things. I picked up a used 2015 xp 1000 for a good deal, driving it for now, plan on giving it to my daughter or using as a backup machine... waiting on 2020 releases to see if anything comes out that really excites me. :)
Rumor has it new PoPo, new X3. Exciting times! Good luck.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Glad to hear the Yamaha is gone.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
OP - hopefully the dealer and Textron get you squared away quickly.

So is Yamaha supplying the complete engine or does Textron assemble them?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts