Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 4x1000 will not move in 2 wheel but does in 4. Coupler looks good and rear wheels will move if jacked up but not let down on ground. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
the rear coupler may look like its good, but very possibly its not when you say the rear wheels move when jacked up, is it with power on or just turning the rear axles by hand? again, I would check the rear coupler..

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
the rear diff is run directly from the engine/clutch without electronics involved. If the rear wheels are not working the problem should be from the coupler or rear diff. Coupler splines may have worn the mating surface in the clutch basket or the clutch basket itself could have failed inside the rear diff. Possible failure of the rear diff pinion as well, but that would be making some noise

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I can imagine a few reasons why the rear diff stops powering the rear wheels. A broken stubby drive shaft. Or that drive shaft splines bore out the mating surfaces of the SLD input. Or the SLD clutch basket failed (the big C-Clip). Or the pinion bearings are shot (that makes noise)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I guess you could jack up the rear wheels off the ground and spin them. While spinning watch the stubby drive shaft; it should rotate as the wheels spin. If it does not, the diff has a problem. Pull it and rebuild it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts