Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will start off by saying I am in no way associated with Textron or AC other than owning a XX. I was looking around and followed an old link for a parts diagram and it brought me to the parts site for AC OEM parts and OEM accessories. The code is right on the homepage when you get to the site. JULY2020 and it gives 20% off. I looked around and they had most of what I checked in stock.Some prices might be similar to some of the bigger online sites even after the 20% off. But if your looking for some OEM stuff I would check and see how the prices compare. I hope this helps somebody out. And if it is against the rules of posting since they are not a sponsor I am sorry and I will delete this post.

Arctic Cat, Inc.

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
looks like a/c -textron has jacked up all their retail prices...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is any of this stuff actually in stock? I'm seeing parts that show in stock but when you call a dealer those same parts are back ordered for months.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered a new engine and spare tire hold down thing. Both said they were in stock there. And my card was charged, I got a confirmation of the order. I sent an email asking about when it will ship and I just got the invoice emailed back as a response. I will post an update when I hear back or get tracking info.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ordered the Fascia P/N 9506-118 which shows in stock and paid for the overnight shipping today so I'll know soon enough. Every dealer told me this part is back ordered with no ETA which they said means it most likely won't be available to ship until winter or later.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I really hope we both get our stuff. It almost seemed too good to be true to see everything in stock that I looked up. There was free freight on the engine and I think that overnight shipping would have been a crazy amount for an engine, I was figuring it might take a week for me to get it. I ship a lot of orders and anyplace inside the US is normally a 4 to 5 day if you send it ground and its not in Alaska or Hawaii. But these days shipping has slowed a little bit with the surge of online sales that Covid has kinda helped. I was hoping to help somebody out with this post , so please post an update when you get your parts. And I will too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So you blew your XX motor and they had it in stock? The overnight for the fascia was like $4.59 so I figured why not, if it shows up I can cancel the one I have back ordered with another vendor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup they have the newer version of the engine in stock. When I looked up the engine for the 2018 it gave a new part number that is the same as the 2020 engine. I know the new engine is supposed to be better in some way. I checked the prices and after the 20% discount its still the best price I found. And was in stock. I think it may have been in stock at one other place, but it was over 5K. After the discount it was just over 4k plus tax.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Still no part yet, order just shows processing and I paid for overnight shipping. Giving them an extra day they should have delivered it to me yesterday.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was literally just typing out a reply saying I had not got my order or a tracking #. And FedEx dropped of a package. It was one of the smaller items in my order. The packing slip only showed the tax for the item in the box. I am at a location that is zoned Industrial/Multi use and sometimes I'll get multiple FedEx shipments in one day. At different times of the day depending on if they were sent to my business or me personally So I am hoping the engine will be on another truck today. Just when I was going to type up a post saying I had not gotten my order and the only response I got from AC was that orders take 24 hours to process before shipping and a link to a chart showing a map with shipping time estimates. I have paid for 2nd day shipping on a parts order for printer parts. and the company did not ship for 2 days so my 2 day air I paid for took 5 days to get to me. Most places will rush an order out when you ask for overnight shipping though. So maybe that is the case with yours. I am in MA. and made my order over the weekend and it shipped out Monday. I will post an update again when I find out what the deal is with the engine. But the small thing I ordered came.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Talk about shit hole service, I just called the customer service line off the Textron/Cat website and it says select 1 for customer service so I do that and then it goes to a recording saying they aren't available so leave a message then it says mailbox full try later and hangs up. So I call back and select the only other option 2 to check on an existing case and that transfers me to another message that says it's not working and the mailbox is full try again later. So much for getting my parts overnight which I paid for yet the order still shows processing late on a Friday when I ordered them on a Tuesday.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still have not got my engine yet either. And I emailed a couple times and got sent a Case # and the invoice and other stuff I already posted. I hope to get my engine soon. Total BS with your stuff after paying for overnight. looks like maybe the " In Stock" might not be reality.

·
Registered
38 Posts
All my parts I ordered from Country Cat and Partzilla haven't shown up either but I think part of my order from Country Cat has finally shipped. Partzilla says to busy to answer phones right now so try again tomorrow. Rocky Mountain had the C-clip and the boots for the A-Arm bearings actually in stock and got them to me in a few days so they are the only one's that have been accurate on inventory numbers and able to get me parts in a timely manner, wish they had more of my parts in stock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I own a small parts and acc. shop Our main business is MX graphic kits but we sell a little bit of everything for powersports. From what I have heard from the distributors we work with is that there has been a much larger demand for stuff. And some factory's shut down, plus lots of people are doing their shopping online for food, and other day to day stuff. So UPS and FedEx have had a big increase in demand for shipping and it has caused delays. USPS too. Orders that would normally take 2 or 3 days to get to me were taking 3 or 4 days for the distributor to process and than the shipper would sometimes take an extra day longer or split up deliveries for larger orders. Most of them have made adjustments now, but now the stock levels are becoming an issue. And similar with the phones. At first some would only communicate through email or contact forms on their website. Covid-19 has got a lot of people getting back outside ,or getting into outdoor activities for the first time. We have seen a rise in pit bike stuff and other non racing powersports stuff. Now that local racing has started up again it has shifted to the normal racing stuff we get orders for in the spring. We moved the shop to a new place after 8 years in our old shop. and I expected a slow year. But it has been a crazy year so far. The good is that it is bringing a bunch of money into the companies that make stuff for all of us to play with. The bad thing is that many more people want to buy it now than have been so its made for some strange shortages. After 8 years in the old shop we got used to a pattern and knew when it would get busy and slow. So I'm sure all shops were in the groove of predicted amounts of business . And then got hit with a much larger amount of sales and of stuff that was not the normal stuff that was selling. Everybody is adjusting. I hope they get back to both of us.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You should just find a wrecked Yamaha Sidewinder snowmobile and put that boosted motor in your XX. Instant 200+ HP with more on tap if wanted with minor tuning.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was thinking about getting a turbo sled engine and swapping it in. Who knows maybe I will end up doing it still. I would need to learn more about what needs to be done before i went for it. I have been watching the auctions for crashed utvs and snowmobiles but I don't know enough about the swaps yet. I will keep reading and researching , but I wanted to have my XX running again so I figured a fresh stock engine would do that. And I can either build up the knocking engine and add a turbo, part out the engine or fix it and sell it and then find a wrecked turbo snowmobile and swap the engine. It will give me time to research and still be able to drive while I figure out whats next. Where I am in the North East the power is not as lacking as if I was out in the desert or dunes. So I want to try and make it as reliable as possible so I can drive it more. I'm making a small track at my house so I want to keep it from being too loud too. I only have a couple neighbors close by, but there is a river that carries sound farther then I thought possible. I'll have a course that is about a mile long . A mix of trails , gravel roads and MX style sections . With that style of driving I think the stock power will be good for a while. I am very new to sport SXS. I raced Motocross for years but got hurt more times than I wanted to so I stopped. And I had an old Teryx for a little while . Sold it and then after buying the property I have now, with room to make some trails and track sections I picked up the XX. I'm sure after I drive it more I'll want some more power. But for now I want it as reliable as possible.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
The 2018 engine has the weaker con rods, so factor that into your planning.

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
doesn't appear online like it did last month...could always try august2020...haaaaa...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts