Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There:
Kind of new here, this is my first post I guess that is really new.
I live in Tucson, Az. Born & Raised I've had the opportunity and am fortunate
to do a lot of different interests. Now my wife and I are now into our SxS. I was
able to purchase a fantastic Arctic Cat out of Phoenix after looking for about
8 months.
So I have a question. Error code "P0500" speed sensor. Does the sensor cover
a number of years? All that I have found very in looks and price, $15 to $40.
So I could use some advice.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I think the sensor is the same on all Wildcat 1000 or X models. In fact, it appears to be used on nearly every Arctic Cat ATV/UTV that has a speedometer! The list is so long that the "where used" feature on the Countrycat.com website can't display all of the results.

You can get this info yourself by finding the correct part number, then doing a search by part. The next screen will have a Where Used button, which will show you all of the models that use that part. Very useful for figuring out if there have been changes, and what year they might have occurred.

This can be used to figure out if an aftermarket accessory will fit if you know what it mounts to. For instance, there are a few trunk bags or trunk boxes. Sometimes the vendor doesn't update their info when the new model year comes out. Since the trunk bag/box fits into the cargo tray, you can do a where used on the cargo tray to see that every Wildcat 1000 or X uses the same one, so it would fit a 2019.

{edit} The Where Used feature only displays 100 results and they are sorted with the earliest model first. So on some parts it isn't going to be a comprehensive list. Of course if the part is used on more than 100 models, that in itself is a pretty good hint that one from a different model year is going to work.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Search under my username for info on this issue. I posted photos of what I found on my 12’.

Could be the speed sensor, but not likely.

The speed sensor trigger inside the speed sensor cover has been known to disintegrate causing this code.

Hope this helps.

C-ya!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts