Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello issue im having with my wildcat 1000 2012 is that it is not going into any gear its in neutral
it runs turns over and when power is on shits in the the gear as indicated on dash but its not engaging any gears i shift into just stays in neutral

please walk me through some troubleshooting steps to locate the issue as i am new thanks

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Have you tried it in 4wd the rear drive shaft is prone to breaking

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi so after a battle removing the drive belt cover ( the previous owner thought it was a good idea to soak everything in silicone and then strip all torx screws in)
it was in good condition then i read your comment after lol and i put it in 4WD and it moves..thanks so does that mean the rear drive shaft is broken?

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Hi so after a battle removing the drive belt cover ( the previous owner thought it was a good idea to soak everything in silicone and then strip all torx screws in)
it was in good condition then i read your comment after lol and i put it in 4WD and it moves..thanks so does that mean the rear drive shaft is broken?
Welcome Bearcat1000. Yep, rear driveshaft is broken. Check with Supporting Vendor MLS, they should have them.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
The power steering will shut down after a few minutes if the Wildcat isn't moving. If you never have power steering, go to the fuses, but if it works as soon as you turn on the key and then quits later, it is probably just "timing out".

The rear diff is a weak point on the cars, so add that to your troubleshooting list. The drive coupling between the engine/trans and the rear diff is exposed, so it should be easy to confirm that the internal part of the rear drive is functioning - just have someone watch to see if it turns.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
T
yes i got into it today and the drive shaft coupler is broken thanks guys i have ordered a new one
When you assemble the new one, be sure to be generous with the grease in to the rear diff clutch hub.

Leaving it dry, it WILL strip the new driveshaft teeth....

Been there done that.

C-ya!

Reactions: Hollywood
1 - 13 of 13 Posts