Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to replace passenger rear axle, due to boot ripped while on trail. I have tried pushing axle in to release axel as shown on YouTube. The weird thing when I push in axle I don’t feel any type of pin or lock pressing when pushing in axle to release. All I feel and hear if solid metal hitting. Please help! What am I doing wrong?

Thank you
Wheel Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Bicycle tire

Gas Engineering Auto part Automotive tire Nut

·
Registered
20 Posts
You need to have it straight when you push it in. That releases the retaining clip when it is pushed all the way in. Then as you hold it in grab the collar that is between the boot and the diff and pull that out while you are still pushing in on the axle. Wiggle it a little if you can.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to have it straight when you push it in. That releases the retaining clip when it is pushed all the way in. Then as you hold it in grab the collar that is between the boot and the diff and pull that out while you are still pushing in on the axle. Wiggle it a little if you can.
Man I have tried and still trying! I even lifted the driver side rear tire and put in in park and Neutral and did it the way you are telling and still not having any luck. I almost tilt this thing. So freaking frustrating. Is it suppose to be in park? Or in any gear?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts