Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
2 - 4 - 2 can be done at any speed so long as the f/r tires a turning at the same speed as in no hard acceleration / deceleration or in a turn.

H - L - H and differential lock you need to come to a complete stop first.

Go here and download a free service manual:

Technical Information - Wildcat - 2012 Wildcat Service Manual

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome V8ter. Quite possible that the steering rack is jacked from hitting the stone. Pretty easy fix. Jack up the front end, loosen up all the rack bolts, and slowly turn the wheel from full lock left, to full lock right a couple of times. Rack should reenter itself. Tighten all bolts, lower, try it, see how it feels. Make sure the tie rods are not bent. Use a ruler/straight edge to be sure. Let us know if this works.
I broke both ball joints and wrapped my tie rod around the driveshaft. Fixed it all up over a weekend but had the same steering issue As OP. I did as you mentioned and was absolutely shocked it worked. So happy such a basic solutiong fixed my horrible steering issues.

I essentially took all 4 bolts holding the bracket off, took off all 4 bolts holding the sliders on, and loosened the centering nut. Turned the wheels a few times and loosely put all the bolts back on and turned the wheel a few more times.
tightened everything back up with red thread lock and worked great.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts