Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 arctic cat wildcat 1000. My problem is when I start driving it it sound like a loud Winding grinding sound coming from the back end. When put in high gear and take off it doesn’t seem like it has a lot of power and I start to notice like it slips a little bit. I haven’t check the belt or clutch yet. I checked the rear dif and it was bone dry and had some metal shavings in it. Put some gear oil in it and still making that sound so I order a bearing and seal kit for it l. I also replaced the carrier bearing in it. Has anyone had this problem before. Also I just bought it a day ago. Any help will do good because I have no clue about these rigs

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
your 2012 probably has a wet clutch in the engine that could be the problem, there are guys on here with a lot of experience with them that will hopefully chime in with more info. Good luck

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I have a 2012 arctic cat wildcat 1000. My problem is when I start driving it it sound like a loud Winding grinding sound coming from the back end. When put in high gear and take off it doesn’t seem like it has a lot of power and I start to notice like it slips a little bit. I haven’t check the belt or clutch yet. I checked the rear dif and it was bone dry and had some metal shavings in it. Put some gear oil in it and still making that sound so I order a bearing and seal kit for it l. I also replaced the carrier bearing in it. Has anyone had this problem before. Also I just bought it a day ago. Any help will do good because I have no clue about these rigs
If diff was dry then its prob toast! could also be the bevel gears in the trans....but betting its the diff.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Like Thunder said, the rear diff is probably needing repair/rebuild. DO NOT drive it like it is or you can kiss that diff goodbye and they are becoming rare. Rebuilding them is not too difficult nor expensive. There is a tutorial on this forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like Thunder said, the rear diff is probably needing repair/rebuild. DO NOT drive it like it is or you can kiss that diff goodbye and they are becoming rare. Rebuilding them is not too difficult nor expensive. There is a tutorial on this forum.
So I rebuilt the rear differential on it last weekend. It needed some new bearings and seal got that part done. I checked the bevel gear also and it looked good also. There were a little bit of metal shavings on the drain pug but noting I wasn’t concerned about. But I can still hear a noise and while in high gear I can feel it slip a little bit it’s either coming from under it or the right side of the rig Only when I apply the power to it. When I let off the gas peddle I don’t hear until I hit the peddle again. Like I said it’s either coming from underneath or on the right side on the back end. I took a video of but can’t hear the sound

1 - 5 of 5 Posts