Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the Nut removed holding the secondary clutch in place. Not exactly working like I see in the u-tube videos, where you just pull it apart and replace the belt. It won't just pull apart. Looks like I'll need some kind of puller. Does anyone have any other ideas.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Wildcat X was not produced till 2013.5 So do you have team clutch 2013.5 or a wet clutch 1st gen Wildcat? Do a better search as there is a vid on it. I'll try to resurrect a link from the dead. But you dont have to take the nut off to replace belt on a 2012. You simply screw in a long bolt from the cover into the secondary and it will spread the face enough to change belt.
Good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wildcat X was not produced till 2013.5 So do you have team clutch 2013.5 or a wet clutch 1st gen Wildcat? Do a better search as there is a vid on it. I'll try to resurrect a link from the dead. But you dont have to take the nut off to replace belt on a 2012. You simply screw in a long bolt from the cover into the secondary and it will spread the face enough to change belt.
Good luck
It is a 2012 and I believe it is the wet clutch. The only access hole in the cover is a drain plug located under the primary clutch. Not sure how that would work but it sure would make life a lot easier. I'll try doing a search leaving off the X and see if that makes a difference. Having trouble even finding a maintenance manual on this machine. Thanks for the help Jbl

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The clutch cover bolt screws into the outer sheave to separate the sheaves and ease belt replacement.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The clutch cover bolt screws into the outer sheave to separate the sheaves and ease belt replacement.
Your right, with JBL's help I found a couple of video's on U- Tube showing the exact procedure I need to go through to replace the belt. Not something you would want to do out on the trail. Both the primary and secondary wheels need to be pulled off and the secondary is expanded by inserting a machine screw from the cover into the outer sheave to ease belt replacement. Thanks for your help Sand-n-Sea. All you guys are a wealth of knowledge and truly appreciated.

·
Registered
637 Posts
You DO NOT need to remove either the secondary or the primary to replace a belt on the 1000/Limited/X models.

Remove clutch cover, take (1) LONG bolt from cover and thread it in fully into the secondary to spread the sheaves.

Remove old/put new belt on, remove screw from Secondary, and spin Secondary to properly place belt on sheaves.

That's it.

Done this on the trail NUMEROUS times, doable, but not fun!

FWIW. C-Ya!!

Reactions: Hollywood

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been told the 1000X started in 2013 so mine is a 2012 Wildcat 1000 with a wet clutch. On this engine I can't get that belt off by just expanding the sheave. I've tried numerous times and it's a no go. I did get that primary clutch nut removed last night and now have the primary and secondary wheels removed with the old belt off. It should be back up and running today. I did invest in a new impact driver with a bit more torque and that solved the problem. Thanks for your help MCR500 your input is appreciated. Have a good one.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I've been told the 1000X started in 2013 so mine is a 2012 Wildcat 1000 with a wet clutch. On this engine I can't get that belt off by just expanding the sheave. I've tried numerous times and it's a no go. I did get that primary clutch nut removed last night and now have the primary and secondary wheels removed with the old belt off. It should be back up and running today. I did invest in a new impact driver with a bit more torque and that solved the problem. Thanks for your help MCR500 your input is appreciated. Have a good one.
That makes no sense unless its an aftermarket belt. You should not have to remove the secondary or primary clutch (albeit easier). But its a super tight fit and you have to roll the primary while tran in neutral. Get an OEM belt....I've replaced many belts on my 2013 and never took off the clutches.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The belt that I took off was an artic cat belt. I replaced it with a gates belt. Hopefully I won't have to look at it for a couple of years. I'm not sure but I think the 2012 an 2013 clutches are totally different. Going on u-tube I found a couple of videos with my engine and clutch system and they both had to remove the clutches. I would prefer the way your suggesting, seems like a lot less work. It's done for now but I'll research it further. Maybe even talk to a mechanic at the shop and see if I can get further info on it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Take a pic of your primary and secondary.

Drivers side upper frame tube has the make/model/ year built of the car on the sticker. Take a pic.

Post the photos.

I think you are working way to hard to change a belt on any year OG Wildcat.

C-ya!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive wheel system Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive wheel system Automotive design

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design Automotive exterior

Hello everyone, new to forum and to wildcat world. Purchased this 2012 wildcat a few months ago, and belt gave out on me. Here some pics and would really like some guidance. My concern here is I notice some free wonder rollers inside the clutch?! , I believe that’s what it’s called. So what should I do first before taking nut off and try to set them back in place.
Thank you 🙏🏼

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Gotta pull the cover and reset the rollers. Even better to replace with sliders

Reactions: Jbl
1 - 12 of 12 Posts