Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 1000 that has sat idle for near three years. I’ve bought it new and have near 1500 miles on it. Decided to get it moving again! So I have installed a new battery and changed fluids. But it seems to be super doggy. When in high on the road I might top out at 45mph and was getting the codes for speed sensor and harness which would clear at lower speeds... I don’t think the belt is slipping due to the revs not even getting that high. Any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
fuel is new also !??

havent throw the speed sensor code before!??

in 3 years alot can happen- i saw mice and ratsnests in clutches.....so....

remove the cover and have someone to look at while drivin or jack it up...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have opened the clutch cover and is clean.
I think I am going to put it in neutral with the cover off and give it some revs and make sure the clutches are operating.
thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
you didnt address the fuel. Must be completely drained and IMO use about 2 gallons of fuel with a very good fuel system cleaner like seafoam. It will smoke like hell but will clean all that gunk up for sure. After you go through the 2 gallons, go ahead and replace spark plugs since they are cheap. Welcome back.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the fuel was near or empty and I put fresh in. (Couldn’t hear any sloshing when rocked) But I will drain and replace fuel filter. And put seafoamed fuel back in. Thanks

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Pull the speed sensor itself and check for shavings on it , re-install plug with die - electric silicone..

·
Premium Member
8,049 Posts
might not be the cause but sounds like a new air filter is in order as well...and clean out the body...

·
Premium Member
2,662 Posts
I'm with Sand-n-Sea. Three years will build up a lot of varnish in the fuel system.

For varnish removal, I would probably stick with something designed solely for use in the fuel system, like Chevron Techron.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts